Gamespot: We Built a PC Using PS4 Pro Specs. How Does it Perform?

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
It feels like the Pro may be a little early. It seems not quite powerful enough for the jump to 4k properly, and obviously the lack of 4k blu-ray drive seems strange.

Going to be doing a lot of upscaling I think.

Apr 1, 2006
[QUOTE="darky89, post: 6520882]It feels like the Pro may be a little early. It seems not quite powerful enough for the jump to 4k properly, and obviously the lack of 4k blu-ray drive seems strange.

Going to be doing a lot of upscaling I think.[/QUOTE]

Nothings going to jump to native 4k properly in the console space at $400
my GTX 1080 can barely hold 30fps at 4k very high settings in deus ex

Last edited:

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
Comparing ps4 pro to pc is like comparing a bicycle to a Ferrari. PC will always be far ahead due to upgradable hardware. Such pointless articles ever since sony pr said pro was made to keep ps4 gamers from going to pc. Smh

rycexboi

Super Elite
Dec 30, 2005
cgi.ebay.com
[QUOTE="mistercrow, post: 6520892]Comparing ps4 pro to pc is like comparing a bicycle to a Ferrari. PC will always be far ahead due to upgradable hardware. Such pointless articles ever since sony pr said pro was made to keep ps4 gamers from going to pc. Smh[/QUOTE]

Like the article said, it was comparing it for science and to feed the curiousity. It was not not show which one was the better system.

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="mistercrow, post: 6520892]Comparing ps4 pro to pc is like comparing a bicycle to a Ferrari. PC will always be far ahead due to upgradable hardware. Such pointless articles ever since sony pr said pro was made to keep ps4 gamers from going to pc. Smh[/QUOTE]

lol....what? The article isn't about console vs PC. It is speculating how games would perform for the PS4 Pro. This has been going on since before the PS4 was launched.