Gamestop receiving demo units

Rtc

Jun 14, 2011
Ga
Store manager (friend) at my local GameStop called me and let me know they got there demo unit in and set it up
Demo has uncharted and mod nation racers and maybe more ill try it out today after work

Last edited:

floetry

Forum Guru
Oct 21, 2006
[QUOTE="Rtc, post: 5758398]Store manager (friend) at my local GameStop called me and let me know they got there demo unit in and set it up
Demo has uncharted and mod nation racers and maybe more ill try it out today after work[/QUOTE]

nice, i'll check in next week, the first and see what its about

Marcsony

Superior Member
Aug 18, 2007
Wolverhampton
I was up town today and all the stores has a demo unit on the go (game and gamestation) had a play around with one for about ten minutes. Can say i was extremely impressed looks a very nice unit solid and good to hold. I reserved both models till i can decide which to have. the member of staff in Game was tried to show me a few features however after five mins he just handed the unit to me and said "im sorry i cant work this thing out im more of an xbox fan" i loled and showed him how to do some of the things he was trying to show me. At the end of me messing around with it he was like "wow there quiet amazing really i might get one" i proceeded to leave the store with a lot more hype for the Vita than i had before seeing it.

falconsfan07

Dedicated Member
Jun 29, 2007
Cybertron
I got to try one at the social club they have in Miami. Only got to try for a little bit because they had to let more people in to try it but was very impressed with. Got to play Little Deviants and Uncharted Golden Abyss. Both were very fun and ran very smooth. I will see if my local Gamestop has a demo unit so I can mess around with it some more.

May 27, 2008
I work at Best Buy and the gaming guy was carrying one around and playing little deviants. I tried it and it was pretty fun but i really want to try out Uncharted so I'm definitely going to a gamestop soon!

floetry

Forum Guru
Oct 21, 2006
I went to Best Buy, and The guy had it around his neck, took it off and let me play it(I could have stole it! lol) It had little deviants, I couldn't control it at all.

The Vita looks and Feels Cheap. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. I knew the screen was made out of plastic, but I expected it to have the glossy look of an iPhone. The face buttons are small, and the digital pad is the best digital pad made to man, I just hope they make it for the DS4.

I was worried about not having enough room to rest my hands in the space provided. While sometimes I did inadvertently touch the backtouch, its not much of a concern anymore. I will just have to get use to it.

Blogs all over are making this thing seem like a mammoth of a handheld. Its not that big, it fits in your hand, just nice:)

Jan 31, 2007
Northern Ireland
GAME in the UK also has demo units, I played some UNCHARTED and Wipeout today..was very impressed, the screen is nice and vibrant in person and the touch controls are intuitive..one downfall though is the face buttons are too small and I kept hitting the right stick instead of the x button a few times when playing UNCHARTED.

Last edited:

floetry

Forum Guru
Oct 21, 2006
[QUOTE="tbx59, post: 5759641]Are the buttons smaller than PSP?[/QUOTE]

Yup

Even the digital pad seems smaller in person than in pictures.

But it feels good

floetry

Forum Guru
Oct 21, 2006
[QUOTE="arfi-gorgona-O, post: 5759660]You must be maybe the 1st one that says VITA feels cheap,what ive heard so far form review is exactly the opposite from your report.[/QUOTE]
I don't get paid to review or endorsements, I'm just telling it like it is. It could be probably because its used heavily and is not properly kept clean by the right people.

Like I said before, The way its been marketed as this glossy HD screen. One at least in marketing looked comparable to an iphone, but its not that glossy.

Its very light, It feels cheap. That doesn't mean a bad thing, but if you were blindfolded and had a real sony product in your hand vs an apple cloned vita, you could tell which one was made by sony and which one was made by apple. It just feels different.

Its actually good that the screen is plastic as alot of gamers would be disappointed if they ever dropped this thing lol. The glossyness of the unit isn't pearl like. Its plastic like.

I don't know how to explain it dude lol. It looks and feel alot different in person than it does on video. That's not saying its bad. I know cheap comes with a negative connation, but its not.

What I'm ultimately saying here is, for the price point, you would expected better and more finer material used to build the system.

Get a 300 dollar smart phone, and get a 300 vita..and compare the quality of material used.. Then you'll see what I mean.

Last edited:

Nitey

Elite Guru
Jan 17, 2011
Get a 300 dollar smart phone with comparable innards of a PSV..

They could have easily included even more expensive materials like you'd find on higher end smart phones but the price would escelate to match. I also get the vibe that you think the Vita is a rip off, so I could only imagine how you'd feel about the price if they did produce with higher quality materials :p

floetry

Forum Guru
Oct 21, 2006
[QUOTE="Nitey, post: 5759821]Get a 300 dollar smart phone with comparable innards of a PSV..

They could have easily included even more expensive materials like you'd find on higher end smart phones but the price would escelate to match. I also get the vibe that you think the Vita is a rip off, so I could only imagine how you'd feel about the price if they did produce with higher quality materials :p[/QUOTE]

I don't feel it's a too much of a rip off. I'm just not going to sugar coat anything. It feels great, but it feels cheap. the face buttons feel more like a psp go, than say like a psp3000. but like you said, if they used any finer material, it may have been more expensive.and we obviously don't want that.

I do have gripes with the price, but what guy doesn't? anyone that works for their money feels the same way .

The 8GB inclusion however justifies out somewhat. I would be crushed if they dropped the price in the first year.oh well, it pays to be a first adopter lol

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Marcsony

Superior Member
Aug 18, 2007
Wolverhampton
[QUOTE="floetry, post: 5759679]I don't get paid to review or endorsements, I'm just telling it like it is. It could be probably because its used heavily and is not properly kept clean by the right people.

Like I said before, The way its been marketed as this glossy HD screen. One at least in marketing looked comparable to an iphone, but its not that glossy.

Its very light, It feels cheap. That doesn't mean a bad thing, but if you were blindfolded and had a real sony product in your hand vs an apple cloned vita, you could tell which one was made by sony and which one was made by apple. It just feels different.

Its actually good that the screen is plastic as alot of gamers would be disappointed if they ever dropped this thing lol. The glossyness of the unit isn't pearl like. Its plastic like.

I don't know how to explain it dude lol. It looks and feel alot different in person than it does on video. That's not saying its bad. I know cheap comes with a negative connation, but its not.

What I'm ultimately saying here is, for the price point, you would expected better and more finer material used to build the system.

Get a 300 dollar smart phone, and get a 300 vita..and compare the quality of material used.. Then you'll see what I mean.[/QUOTE]

I get exactly what your sayin the feel of it in person is different to what you think it would feel like from viewing pictures. The screen IMO is great yes the plastic all around is very obvious when held in hand and viewed. Id say it compairs to the first edition psp which im happy with. in saying that I mean for todays market OK apple do a lovely phone but Sony do a brilliant gaming machine. Like ive said my hype doubled with seeing it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

floetry

Forum Guru
Oct 21, 2006
[QUOTE="marcsony, post: 5760078]I get exactly what your sayin the feel of it in person is different to what you think it would feel like from viewing pictures. The screen IMO is great yes the plastic all around is very obvious when held in hand and viewed. Id say it compairs to the first edition psp which im happy with. in saying that I mean for todays market OK apple do a lovely phone but Sony do a brilliant gaming machine. Like ive said my hype doubled with seeing it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
finally, someone who understands lol

mudshark

Dedicated Member
Feb 11, 2007
looking for the Sky remote!
[QUOTE="R3D D3V!L, post: 5760393]I played on one in GAME (UK) and its amazing. What a piece of kit.[/QUOTE]

Me too today.......I want one even more now!!!

Super Stardust and Wipeout were my favs of the demos I played.

Rtc

Jun 14, 2011
Ga
[QUOTE="mudshark, post: 5761166]Me too today.......I want one even more now!!!

Super Stardust and Wipeout were my favs of the demos I played.[/QUOTE]

Aww damn at my GameStop here there was super stardust there was FIFA but no stardust :(