Gaming social network - NEED A NAME - Part 2

adamevex

Superior Member
Mar 22, 2006
Last time i chose g4mer, but gamehive makes a lot more sense since that's essentially what it'll be. It also sounds cool.

Aug 26, 2005
I still don't like g4mer.com. But none of the others are that good as well.

Too bad we can't get gamerspace.com or gamespace.com

GameSpawn

Super Elite
Aug 28, 2006
www.gamelife.com[/URL], it turns out it's unlikely we'll be able to use it. Shame! There are other trademarks which prevent us from using it.

After search, do any of you guys like the following names:

www.g4mer.com
www.gamedrive.com
www.havoc.com
www.gamehive.com
www.discord.com

Please state which is your favourite and why. Thanks!

- Rebon
That sucks, because I liked the idea of GameLife (spelled just like that). If I had to go with something else, I'd be between GameDrive and GameHive. I'm surprised there wouldn't be legal issues with Havoc, being that there is a Havoc game engine as well as other things probably using the same name.

Rebon

Master Poster
Dec 8, 2003
www.psu.com
Gamelife is 99.99% out of the equation because there are competing trademarks. It's a shame, but such is life!

Greg - I tried gamespace or gamerspace, but the owners arn't even replying to me.

Looking forward to getting more thoughts! Thanks guys.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
[QUOTE="Rebon, post: 0]Gamelife is 99.99% out of the equation because there are competing trademarks. It's a shame, but such is life!

Greg - I tried gamespace or gamerspace, but the owners arn't even replying to me.

Looking forward to getting more thoughts! Thanks guys.[/QUOTE]

I would say GameHive as well, GamerSpace would also be great if you could get that :).

B

BlitzXor

I'd probably be willing to contribute my domain eternalgamer.com if you guys like it... let me know and we'll talk.

janenba352

Super Elite
Jul 11, 2005
NGN.com (National Gaming Network)
UGF.com (United Gaming Front)
gaming-universe.com
Game-Burst-Network.net

Planet-Gamer
Planet-Gaming
Gamer-Planet
Console-Gamer
Network-Gamers
VGGNet (Video Game Gaming Network)

Mar 17, 2006
Man the 3 in the middle are the ones that ring a bell i guess. But i like havoc it sounds the coolest but it doesn't sound like a game site. unless you know what the havoc engine is. lol

i guess gamehive sounds like the best choice gamedrive sounds like a place were some is trying to raise money.

Talisman

Superior Member
Sep 27, 2006
Gamehive is closest to conveying the meaning of gamelife, so Gamehive for me.

It's really a pity that gamelife is out, but that's the way it is, I suppose.

$_KD_

Super Elite
Apr 9, 2006
GameHive.com "the site sweet as gaming" i like it. i think it sounds more better than G4mer.com it sounds bland and trying to be cool.

Zoibie

Supreme Veteran
Jun 18, 2006
[QUOTE="ps3isawesome, post: 0]How come you cant use gamelife ... what is wrong with it[/QUOTE]

Yeah i think that sounds better that gamehive.