Gay Marriage - Yes or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2005
Are you in favour of gay marriage or not? I have also posted a similar thread on another teen forum, but I want to see if the gaming community reflects what the teen community thinks.

Here's the other thread I posted: http://www.forums.govteen.com/showthread.php?t=137513.

I am strongly in favour of gay marriage. And instead of writing something myself, I'll be lazy and post a link which completely destroys the "no gay marriage" argument. Here - http://www.bidstrup.com/marriage.htm.

Mr. Solanky

Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2005
www.freewebs.com
I really don't give a damn. It has nothing to do with me, because I am not Gay, so it doesn't really effect me. Religion doesn't come into play for me, because it doesn't concern me whatsoever. I don't really think people should get into, especially politics. Who are they do judge a gay dude? They are the ones bombing innocent children and stealing land, and influencing American Children to consumer products. Hell, I really do beleive in Gay marriage, if a Man and Women can get married, Why can a man and man be married?

Svetlana

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2005
England
I personally do not see why this thread should be locked. There are far more 'controversial' subjects discussed in here that regularly go unnoticed by moderators.

Fallout Boy

Elite Member
May 23, 2005
i think it should be allowed, i don't see any harm in it at all. Its not like the marriages are religious unions, they are civil, secular from religion so I don't see why so many religious groups are angry about it, its not like they are meant to start letting gay's marry in their church.

May 29, 2005
I really don't care what happens in the law area. Canada has it so far and some other country's but I think it doesn't matter. This topic has been un-locked by someone, most likely Rebon.

DeputyDon

Elite Guru
Jun 7, 2005
www.youtube.com
Okay I don't know, or care, if this should be locked. But I do know that if anyone actually votes no, although it's your opinion, your just a (Word I can't say here). I don't see why gays getting married would effect straight people in anyway.

I'm straight but I don't care what gay people do. It's their business, it's their life, it's their decision, not mine. It's pointless to argue about it.

Recently I heard something about a women couple(the actual word is blocked) that got married in the UK or something and some man called them sinners and crap on the news. It was retarded. Completely retarded. Just be glad we aren't aloud to talk about religion in here. Whooo boy don't want to get me started on that subject.

Hunnter

Master Poster
Apr 11, 2005
www.myspace.com
I dont know why people can even say no.. its sad

I voted yes, i have many homosexual friends, both male and female
They are perfectly fine people, live their lives the same way as we do (not exactly, everyones different lol)

So why judge anyone differently, its just pathetic
Melinda (the girl i love SO much and going to miss badly) is Christian, yet shes for it, she doesnt mind at all
Her words exactly, "i think people should do what makes them happy."
I stand by her words

DeputyDon

Elite Guru
Jun 7, 2005
www.youtube.com
Hunnter said:

I voted yes, i have many homosexual friends, both male and female
They are perfectly fine people, live their lives the same way as we do (not exactly, everyones different lol)

So why judge anyone differently, its just pathetic
Melinda (the girl i love SO much and going to miss badly) is Christian, yet shes for it, she doesnt mind at all
Her words exactly, "i think people should do what makes them happy."
I stand by her words
See thats what I was trying to get at.. It's just rediculous. Most of the guys here who say no probably have never even given a homosexual guy a chance. They probably just make fun of them to please themselves in order to keep their so-called friends.

I know several gay guys, two or three gay girls, three or four bisexuals. Most of them are nice people. Infact one of the bisexual kids is one of my best friends. He knows i'm not gay so it's not like he is going to try to "get with me"

I think most of you should just learn to give them a chance. How does them being homosexual effect your life in anyway? It doesn't.

su37su

Apprentice
Aug 11, 2005
I really don't have a problem with homosexualls, I accept them as I would any normal human being, but I will never except their ways.

c.a.p

Super Elite
Jan 9, 2005
I believe that it should be legalized. To me, it doesn't matter what religion, ethnicity, or gender you are, as long as you both love each other. What I find ridiculous though is that same-sex marriage is outlawed, yet a woman is aloud to marry a dolphin. :roll:

Fallout Boy

Elite Member
May 23, 2005
Hunnter said:
Traditionally marriage has been a religious union, where 2 people are joined before GOD, its been the same for Christian, Jewish & Muslim faiths.

Pretty much everyone who is against it is religious and they are in disagreement with it because they think its against god's will, or the will of the church.

There is also still a lot of homophobia out there too, this is just a disagreement of ideology, you call them sad, & the people against gay marriage call you sad too for believing in it.

Nov 21, 2005
I don't see why this thread should be locked. If everyone can express their opinions in a civil manner, and respect those you do not agree with, then there shouldn't be an issue.

I believe that same-sex marriages should be allowed. If their religion will not allow them to be married in their 'church', then they can get a civil union with a Justice of the Peace. It's just as valid.

If someone makes a decision that does not negatively affect your well-being as a person, than I don't believe you have a right to try and stop them from doing it, even though you may not accept it.

A question for those who are against same-sex marriages: does it directly affect your well-being? Put aside religion, or societal views.

I wish governments spent as much money and time dealing with this issue as they did with poverty/homelessness and unemployment. Aren't there more pressing issues in North America and abroad?

Dec 11, 2005
Fallout Boy said:
Traditionally marriage has been a religious union, where 2 people are joined before GOD, its been the same for Christian, Jewish & Muslim faiths.
*sigh*

Marriage was not originally a religious institution. It existed long before any worldwide, or even nationwide religions existed (over 4000 years ago). Religion may have took marriage and made new things out of it, but it certainly NEVER invented it!

DDT

Superior Member
Sep 18, 2005
Let people do with there life as they please aslong as they don't hurt other people by there decisions.

Metal Warrior

Master Poster
Nov 18, 2005
Antwerp
Voted yes, naturally, but I'm only thinking in legal terms. There isn't any decent excuse to say otherwise. A religious marriage, that's something every religion/cultyure has to decide on their own, and something we don't have any affairs with. But since religion and law should be separated, no way religion should have any influence on the legal aspect of marriage. Sadly, it does in most parts of the world.

Hunnter

Master Poster
Apr 11, 2005
www.myspace.com
MiNiMaL_sAnItY said:
why not is what id like to say.
Some of the best words here, along with the seperation of law and religion.

Religous marriages will be dealt with in that seperate religion.

And even know i said its sad if someone says no, remember that i happen to be with someone who follows Christianity, yet, Melinda believes strongly for same-sex marriage.
So meh... confuscious rules all!

Sypherssj209

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2005
What I like to beleive is that everyone is their own person, and shouldnt let themselves be ruled by anyone or anything other than themselves and make their own choices through life, so if somone is gay and wishes to get married, then its their own choice.

May 29, 2005
Central said:
Marriage was not originally a religious institution. It existed long before any worldwide, or even nationwide religions existed (over 4000 years ago). Religion may have took marriage and made new things out of it, but it certainly NEVER invented it!
I highly doubt it. (5 words filler)

Hunnter

Master Poster
Apr 11, 2005
www.myspace.com
And why do you highly doubt it?

Its true anyway, marriage predates most religions i can see, the Ancient Egyptians had a form of marriage way back when they were thriving (who also allowed inscest in the royal families)
Almost no religions are recorded back then... as far as i know

May 29, 2005
I highly doubt it because God made up marriage. The thing is people will disagree with this because of religion and how God made the world and how marriage came from him and the bible. Other people believe there is no God therefore they think marriage was what humans made up. So it is depending on if you have a religion or not for what you believe marriage came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.