Gears Of War - Entire MTV video download inside ...

LT1FUN

Superior Member
Dec 31, 2005
www.cardomain.com
Hope it hasn't already been posted, but here's a link to the MTV special that was just on television. The file is 94MB in length, so it's not exactly small but should be worth the wait if your one of those people who can't wait for this game to come out.. I'm downloading it as I type this. Should be good. :)

Just finished watching the video and it really is worth the download. It's 30 minutes in length. Think of it as a behind the scence's look at what was going on at EPIC and some of the problems they had to deal with, trying to finish off a playable demo in time for E3.

Excellent video.

EDIT

The file is no longer available for download from the previous link.

However, you can stream the video from here:

*****http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/player.jhtml?id=1532170 *****

A

Azukimo

Wow, great, I was waiting for someone to post a link to it, thanks. Didn't get a chance to see it on MTV so I'm glad I can just download it.

georaldc

Superior Member
May 18, 2006
Wow, that chainsaw feature really pressured the hell out of them. Really nice behind-the-scenes video. Good thing I was able to download it before the video was put down.

MATRIX 2

Forum Sage
Jul 29, 2005
D.C.
Dammit, I was too slow, I wanted to download it, mabyr it has been uploaded to limewire or bittorrent, if it has my friend will dl it and give it to me.

A

Azukimo

Just finished watching it, a very cool preview. It's funny how Peter Moore didn't want the chainsaw, thinking it was too gratuitously bloody and violent. I guess they're lucky that Bill Gates liked it. I'm glad Epic won on that one as I think it's going to be a really cool feature of the game, especially in multiplayer.

May 23, 2005
Why is everyone so hung up with this chainsaw feature like its the second coming of Christ . Gears of War is a cool game but i don't see why the chainsaw thingy is being hyped so much .

A

Azukimo

I think it's one of many features that going to be cool in the game. But I think making it as the "bayonet" of the main gun rather than a second weapon makes a big difference. Unlike in Doom 3 where it becomes your only weapon, in GoW you can be shooting a gun and the press X for the chainsaw, almost as the melee attack.

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
Boogie Woogie said:
Why is everyone so hung up with this chainsaw feature like its the second coming of Christ . Gears of War is a cool game but i don't see why the chainsaw thingy is being hyped so much .
I dont know....

A shotgun (or whatever that is) with a chainsaw.... :? . The devs were fighting (i would say almost crying :lol: ) when MS question the chainsaw feature...I was LMAO. The chainsaw is cool, but it gets boring.

They could add secondary weapons, maybe you can change the chainsaw for a knife or something like that. Just an idea Cliff

A

Azukimo

The think the excessive amount of blood that occurs when you chainsaw a Locust or Human may have something to do with it.

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
Azukimo said:
The think the excessive amount of blood that occurs when you chainsaw a Locust or Human may have something to do with it.
Too bad the blood looks too plastic-ish :suspect:

*runs for cover*

Makagoto

Elite Member
Jul 2, 2005
Trinity said:
Azukimo said:

*runs for cover*
no game is perfect and no matter how good the visuals are, some people will always find somthing to complain about.in fact i feel sorry for those pixel-trackers.

May 23, 2005
Trinity said:
Azukimo said:

*runs for cover*
Yeah , you betta haul a_ _ with a comment like that :lol:

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
i luv how trinity knows things about games and there mechanics without ever playing them. i might borrow it for a second.
1. I love how you destroy our language. Go back to school son.

2. Im sorry, my mom said "NO". Go ask Cliff for a copy

its funny how i know a sony ps2 game called god of war 2 is going to urinate all over heavenly sword.
It is funny how I know a Kojima game called MGS4 is going to urinate all over halo 3 and geow at the same time.

*Chainsaw in hand :lol: * Like we say in Texas...Just bring it b****

dude no offence but it aint your language its our language, they do say "do you speak english?" after all.

but im just joking with you :D

I agree with the mgs4 comment though, but i know ill be playin Gears of war and halo 3 for many more hours than mgs 4 meaning it will give me a longer lasting gaming experience when on live etc. but i honestly wouldnt put that game up against both of them at once lol, thats a sure loss. one at a time and your ok :D

and im much more scared of a cockney gangster with a cigar cutter than a texan with a chainsaw :D

its a shame you had to use the MGS4 card though, is that because you yourself are quite unconfident in heavenly sword being better than a last gen ps2 game?

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
its funny how i know a sony ps2 game called god of war 2 is going to urinate all over heavenly sword.
Have you ever seen the Texas Chainsaw Massacre? :twisted:

its a shame you had to use the MGS4 card though, is that because you yourself are quite unconfident in heavenly sword being better than a last gen ps2 game?
Last last gen game can go head to head with a first generation launch game. I can give you a lot of examples....

exodus7

Superior Member
Jun 23, 2005
I say Mass Effect will urinate on MGS4, Gears of War, Halo 3, God of War 2, Heavenly Sword AND Killzone 2. :twisted: Oh and yes I do own MSG(1-3), Halo 1-2 and God of War and Killzone ( :oops: ). They are all great with the exception of Killzone which I was hoping would go to PC instead of PS2.

Getting back on topic, Gears of War looks great. I really hope the missions are not too linear and that they let you choose your route through the battlefield.

G

GS kid

What amazed me most was how close they were to not have the demo build ready for E3. I mean....only days before the show, the thing was crashing.

I also didn't get what Microsoft's big issue with the chainsaw was. The lady was being a little drama queen about it. It's not like there hasn't been violence in Xbox games before.

What really ticked me off is, Bill Gates even said he liked it and at the end, the drama queen lady said she loves the chainsaw now. WTF?!?!?!?! Make up your mind lady!

Some other things I noticed.

Tim Sweeney is driving a Lamborghini and has a big mansion. I know Tim Sweeney founded Epic games and is the CEO and all but.....Cliffy B has been at the company for 14 years. Yet he's only driving a compact car and living in a small condo!?!?!? WTF?!?!?! :shock:

Must be drinking away his money in those bars!

I also though it was funny how Cliffy B asked Tim to borrow his Lamborghini and he reluctantly said yes..

CliffyB: I heard this thing can do 80mph in first gear

Sweeney: Yeah.....uhhh........don't do that.

Then Tim calls his insurance company on his cell phone AFTER Cliffy B already took off with the car to ask them what the terms of his coverage are. DOH! :lol:

It was pretty funny when Bill Gates asked Cliffy B if the game would be done by fall...and they gave the scene a long dramatic pause....then a yes from Cliffy.

What I didn't understand is why so many people thought their jobs were on the line if the game doesn't kick ass. I mean.... even if it was only "pretty good", I'd let them keep their jobs. :?

Makagoto

Elite Member
Jul 2, 2005
GS kid said:
What I didn't understand is why so many people thought their jobs were on the line if the game doesn't kick ass. I mean.... even if it was only "pretty good", I'd let them keep their jobs. :?
making games for next gen consoles seems to be a big risk for now, they have to invest a lot to satisfy the look and feel of the game, yet next gen consoles are rather new and not wide enough spread, just try to count like 70 people working for 2 years on a game and what happens if it doesn't sell well...
thats the biggest fear of developers nowadays.

spandexman

Superior Member
Sep 6, 2005
Anyone else thing GTA4 should have a chainsaw that can cut people in half like GoW? I mean its really all gta4 needs to become the most violent video game :lol:

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
spandexman said:
Anyone else thing GTA4 should have a chainsaw that can cut people in half like GoW? I mean its really all gta4 needs to become the most violent video game :lol:
GTA already has a chainsaw.... :wink:

Venger

Forum Elder
Jun 16, 2005
Just started watching the video, and I'm a bit perplexed. Cliffy B. just said something that doesn't jive...

He says about 5 minutes in while talking about how he's never been impressed with the marketing any publisher has ever done for any game he's been part of...

"Microsoft has never slung their weight this much behind a new IP that they do not own. Microsoft has one punch left to throw before the juggernaut that is the PS3 starts. Gears is that punch."
I'm confused because I was pretty sure at Zero Hour MS and Epic made it pretty clear that MS does own the IP...what's the story here?

Additional: I was also quite surprised that days before E3 they were still arguing about basic gameplay issues, like weapon inclusion. How long has this game been in development now? Almost 2 years? Didn't they claim they had it mostly done except for optimizing across three cores at TGS last year? And now they admit they hadn't even gotten all the weapons into the game at almost the 11th hour. Especially since the chainsaw was such a signature weapon in their minds.

WhatRuOn

Super Bias Moderator
Dec 1, 2005
Venger said:
Additional: I was also quite surprised that days before E3 they were still arguing about basic gameplay issues, like weapon inclusion. How long has this game been in development now? Almost 2 years? Didn't they claim they had it mostly done except for optimizing across three cores at TGS last year? And now they admit they hadn't even gotten all the weapons into the game at almost the 11th hour. Especially since the chainsaw was such a signature weapon in their minds.
Because MTV never generates fake drama... :roll:

Venger

Forum Elder
Jun 16, 2005
Oh come on, MS is always truthful about their games right? I could have sworn a lot of 360 fans claimed that last year.

SE fanboy

Forum Elder
Oct 7, 2005
GS kid said:
I also though it was funny how Cliffy B asked Tim to borrow his Lamborghini and he reluctantly said yes..

CliffyB: I heard this thing can do 80mph in first gear

Sweeney: Yeah.....uhhh........don't do that.

Then Tim calls his insurance company on his cell phone AFTER Cliffy B already took off with the car to ask them what the terms of his coverage are. DOH! :lol:
Yeah I think I missed it where is it.
This game is very very good. I can't wait to play it and maybe I will get a 360 again this year. I really regret selling mine now. Sony has no launch title to compete with this.