Getting Pwned by a 12 year-old

rblanshard

Superior Member
Apr 30, 2008
Dallas
Ok, so it's Christmas - Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all you guys out there - and my sister and her family are in town to visit my parents and her in-laws. She has a 12 year-old boy and we're buddies. I'm the cool uncle with the PS3 and who likes to game - what 12 year-old wouldn't think I'm cool?

So I invite him over for some gaming yesterday. I pick him up, we grab lunch and come home. He makes a bee-line to my games and immediately asks "Can we play MW2?". I thought sure, I'd better let him run SSDD so he can get used to the controls and so I don't kill him too often. "Oh, I know how to play, I play at my friends house all the time." Ok, sure. Boot it up. Create some off-line two player profiles and we're off.

Holy Freaking Cow! He's mowing me down. His kill-to-death ratio is like 7-1. I'm not exaggerating. I think I man have gotten one 3-killstreak. As we unlock more ranks, and get more weapons, he gets even better. He actually starts toying with me. He'd shoot me from a distance, only to let me gain my health back and then knife me in the back.

I claim it's his gun - he's using one of the light machine guys. I'm using the M4A1. His response: "I'll kill you with your gun." Damned if he didn't. Seriously, I started to get mad. I'm 37 and I was pissed at my 12 year-old nephew. Finally, he lets me off the hook. He wants to play some of the co-op spec-ops missions. I immediately hang my head in shame and head over to spec-ops.

I don't get online as often as I would like, and I'll admit I'm not very good. So, I don't have a problem getting owned online by some faceless, random named assassin. But when your killer is family, and is sitting right next to you - it burns like a 1,000 suns. :bang:

X-Fury

Superior Member
Dec 12, 2008
LOL pwned! lol those little kids are good at gaming.... they got so much free time so VIDEO GAMES is ALL they play. ahhah

Jun 19, 2008
Dude, BEST POST EVER and friggin hilarious

You hit close to home, Im 37 with a ten year old nephew who I play online with all the time. He comes in usually first in every match and Im second to last.

Guess its the age/reflex thing....

Surebrec

Forum Elder
Jan 2, 2008
Manchester. England
surebrec.co.uk
I played a game of MW2 the other night online, and there were a couple of kids in the game I was in, they were both talking to each other. one asked the other how old he was, and the other one said he was 7.

the real worrying thing is that they both actually sounded like 7 year olds, which begs the question, what are the parents thinking when buying such young kids this sort of game, and then allow them to go online???

I don't see the problem if they are 10 or above if they are supervised by responsible adults, but these kids were playing unattended whilst the parents (I assume) were bickering in another room in the background.

Yuuichi

Miqo'te Bard
Oct 25, 2009
[QUOTE="Surebrec, post: 0]I played a game of MW2 the other night online, and there were a couple of kids in the game I was in, they were both talking to each other. one asked the other how old he was, and the other one said he was 7.

the real worrying thing is that they both actually sounded like 7 year olds, which begs the question, what are the parents thinking when buying such young kids this sort of game, and then allow them to go online???

I don't see the problem if they are 10 or above if they are supervised by responsible adults, but these kids were playing unattended whilst the parents (I assume) were bickering in another room in the background.[/quote]

parents are thinking "Great now my kids can go anoy someone else while I get some peace and quiet" Then when they try to dsicipline thier kids the kids whines and cries and they just give in

X

.:XterminatoR:.

[QUOTE="coolguy, post: 0]little kids are faster when they are playing games
my little nephew is 8 and he is allmost done with the single player campain in MW2[/quote]

Did he bearly start the campaign? cause ppl finish that in a day u know.

EHY893

Elite Guru
Jun 4, 2008
[QUOTE="tragic_flaw, post: 0]So much for the Mature rating.[/quote]
I know right. No one seems to notice the 18 on the box, maybe they can't read?

X-Fury

Superior Member
Dec 12, 2008
[QUOTE="emmerich, post: 0]I know right. No one seems to notice the 18 on the box, maybe they can't read?[/quote]
lol no one cares about that.

Jules909

Superior Member
Feb 19, 2009
www.myspace.com
It's like alot of things, the new generation is better at things, it's evolution of the species....

Best swimmer....Michael Phelps
Best Sprinter.....Usain Bolt
Best golfer........Tiger Woods
Best poker player....Phil ivey

etc....

X-Fury

Superior Member
Dec 12, 2008
[QUOTE="Jules909, post: 0]It's like alot of things, the new generation is better at things, it's evolution of the species....

Best swimmer....Michael Phelps
Best Sprinter.....Usain Bolt
Best golfer........Tiger Woods
Best poker player....Phil ivey

etc....[/quote]
ummm... what? haha... what are you saying?

Jules909

Superior Member
Feb 19, 2009
www.myspace.com
[QUOTE="X-Fury, post: 0]ummm... what? haha... what are you saying?[/quote]

Just rambling, having a Merry Christmas.

What I mean is humans evole and get better at things due to technology being more accessible.

Thats why this generation are great with computers, uploading vids, torrents, etc... I don't know much about this, I couldn't make a sig, but the younger generation find it simple.

Its a good thing though...means there'll be some great games coming in the future!

Feb 17, 2007
Awesome thread. LOL. I'm the same age, and I suck. I see all these guys bragging about their Kill/Death ratios and taking this all serious. It's a feakin' video game. LOL. My K/d is less than zero (something like 0.7), and like I said, I'm pretty bad. But, I have a ton of fun. I get on-line and get schooled in about 2 secs by kids I know are a third my age. LOL. Definitely can relate to your post. :lol:

Aug 12, 2007
[QUOTE="Jules909, post: 0]Just rambling, having a Merry Christmas.

What I mean is humans evole and get better at things due to technology being more accessible.

Thats why this generation are great with computers, uploading vids, torrents, etc... I don't know much about this, I couldn't make a sig, but the younger generation find it simple.

Its a good thing though...means there'll be some great games coming in the future![/quote]

Pretty sure evolution takes millions of years.

PsychoMantis

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
Nov 20, 2005
:lol: thats funny dude. Other than me nobody in my family plays video games so I can't relate to anybody in my family as far as video games goes witch if it was the OPs case, it might be a good thing. :lol:

dakidx

Dedicated Member
Dec 30, 2007
Yea it happens often in my house my little brother is 8 and owns most of the people who come to my house to play, he's always on my team though but he still kicks *** on his own (can't beat me though)

FLASH48

Master Poster
Oct 18, 2006
[QUOTE="rblanshard, post: 4820041]Ok, so it's Christmas - Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all you guys out there - and my sister and her family are in town to visit my parents and her in-laws. She has a 12 year-old boy and we're buddies. I'm the cool uncle with the PS3 and who likes to game - what 12 year-old wouldn't think I'm cool?

So I invite him over for some gaming yesterday. I pick him up, we grab lunch and come home. He makes a bee-line to my games and immediately asks "Can we play MW2?". I thought sure, I'd better let him run SSDD so he can get used to the controls and so I don't kill him too often. "Oh, I know how to play, I play at my friends house all the time." Ok, sure. Boot it up. Create some off-line two player profiles and we're off.

Holy Freaking Cow! He's mowing me down. His kill-to-death ratio is like 7-1. I'm not exaggerating. I think I man have gotten one 3-killstreak. As we unlock more ranks, and get more weapons, he gets even better. He actually starts toying with me. He'd shoot me from a distance, only to let me gain my health back and then knife me in the back.

I claim it's his gun - he's using one of the light machine guys. I'm using the M4A1. His response: "I'll kill you with your gun." Damned if he didn't. Seriously, I started to get mad. I'm 37 and I was pissed at my 12 year-old nephew. Finally, he lets me off the hook. He wants to play some of the co-op spec-ops missions. I immediately hang my head in shame and head over to spec-ops.

I don't get online as often as I would like, and I'll admit I'm not very good. So, I don't have a problem getting owned online by some faceless, random named assassin. But when your killer is family, and is sitting right next to you - it burns like a 1,000 suns. :bang:[/quote]

I feel for you got a grandson(11) can do the same thing to me in shooting games ! But i get my pay back in racing games, can beat him and his uncle and dad still.

squirrelbo1

young rich and tasteless
Jul 27, 2008
London
[QUOTE=".:XterminatoR:., post: 0]Did he bearly start the campaign? cause ppl finish that in a day u know.[/quote]

ive completed it in 5 seconds. literally.

Dec 2, 2007
New York City
Great post, and how I feel your pain! I know I'm not the best gamer in the world but jeez are these kids that good or am I just that bad. A little of both I suppose but mostly, yeah kids these days are insanely good at these games. LOL

rblanshard

Superior Member
Apr 30, 2008
Dallas
[QUOTE="FLASH48, post: 0]I feel for you got a grandson(11) can do the same thing to me in shooting games ! But i get my pay back in racing games, can beat him and his uncle and dad still.[/quote]

I'm right there with you. After getting slaughtered in MW2, I booted up NFS: Shift and pulled out the racing chair. If nothing else, I showed him how it's done behind the wheel. I didn't dare run the GT5 time trial, there's no way he could handle it...but I thought about it.

And now, after 24 hours of thinking about it...I'm not going out that way. Just got finished with a few online games where I leveled up a few times and took out my revenge on a few unsuspecting gamers. Every time I took someone out, I pictured my nephew's profile on the other end.:gta:

It's funny, but now I'm motivated to get better. Get better at a video game, it's funny to say, but it's the truth. Fun, bloody, fun truth.

See you guys online.

Jan 4, 2008
If you haven't played much and he's experienced, I'd wager he was looking at your screen and knew your exact location constantly. It's very very easy to beat somebody who doesn't know the maps on splitscreen if you've got no morals.

J

J.D

I'm trying to get my Niece to play Video Games but she's only 6 and not doing to well at the moment.

aLterBridge

Superior Member
Feb 27, 2009
[QUOTE="dave_baksh, post: 0]If you haven't played much and he's experienced, I'd wager he was looking at your screen and knew your exact location constantly. It's very very easy to beat somebody who doesn't know the maps on splitscreen if you've got no morals.[/quote]

this^ , I played a game with my older bro who plays shooters on the PC, but had never played CoD before, and I got the nuke against him on Terminal, just using the USP with scavenger

Seb3sixn9ne

Superior Member
Dec 10, 2007
Mmm screen watching. Classic technique.
I've never played video games with anyone below 4 years of my age, but I feel like I could handle my own against a 12 year old.

NYFAN75

Elite Guru
Dec 10, 2005
NC
Dude that is classic.... Man I can't wait till my daughter gets a little older... She is 5 now and does pretty good on LBP...