Ghost having his own game? SPOILERS

Teraspark

Mostly Indifferent
Nov 4, 2009
Staffordshire
During Modern Warfare 2’s launch event in the UK, the voice actor for the game’s Ghost character, Craig Fairbrass, mentioned that “they” — presumably Infinity Ward — are considering a game solely for Ghost.

“I did in the last game a voice for a character called Gaz and in this game I’m now voicing a guy called Ghost, who now just got a spin-off comic of his own and they’re talking about another little game to go with it,” Fairbrass said at the event (video’s on Live), “so, I’m quite excited about it. It’s grown and grown and grown.”

When asked about what is it about the character that’s getting people excited, he said, “I don’t know. It’s the whole thing I suppose of not knowing who he is. He’s like the head of the SAS and… I’m just so thrilled to be a part of it, I mean it just gets bigger and bigger each year.”
SOURCE

Is there any point apart from Activision trying to milk it?

What do you guys think?

nickmeds

Superior Member
Oct 20, 2009
Eh, it's defientely either going to be a hit or miss, if they do create it. I think it would make more sense if Soap had his own game, over Ghost. Soap is IMO defientely more badass than Ghost.

Dec 3, 2006
Don't read if you haven't finished story yet!

Captain Price, we don't even know what happened to him between the end of COD4 and this game, I think a game about this would be sweet, seeing as it's been five years, I'm sure IW can come up with something that happened to him in that absence.

Vulgotha

Power Member
Jan 6, 2007
Um that would actually be worth something.. if

***SPOILER****

They didn't kill him so pointlessly in MWF2. They just threw him out there to die... I mean yes it got this "Cinematic feel"- but that could have been achieved if only YOU (Gary Roach Sanderson) had died and not him.

Ugh.

HWMbrogden

That Band Is Awful
Aug 22, 2007
NJ - 732
www.last.fm
[QUOTE="Vulgotha, post: 0]Um that would actually be worth something.. if

***SPOILER****

They didn't kill him so pointlessly in MWF2. They just threw him out there to die... I mean yes it got this "Cinematic feel"- but that could have been achieved if only YOU (Gary Roach Sanderson) had died and not him.

Ugh.[/quote]

Yeah i mean they way they killed him off in MW2 makes me think that the idea of ghost having his own game is down the tubes. Not very badass to me. Kinda corny actually.

nickmeds

Superior Member
Oct 20, 2009
I second the idea of Price having his own game. It would be interesting to see how he got from Call of Duty 4 to Modern Warfare 2. It could explain how he was in a Russian prison

Teraspark

Mostly Indifferent
Nov 4, 2009
Staffordshire
Whoa, calm down on the spoilers guys. I'll add a tag to the thread title.

I agree with Price idea more than Ghost's. We have the comics coming out that would probably explain his history.

He's dead anyway so could expand his beyond the game and comics that we don't already know.
It would be interesting to see what they make of it, explaining the 5 year gap between games, shame it wouldn't happen though. Maybe they could do it as DLC?

Vulgotha

Power Member
Jan 6, 2007
But what's the motivation? It isn't as if there's any legitimate reason to delve into his character given how easily he was expended.

Cyn

Veteran
Feb 19, 2008
**** Ghost, seriously. I had no attachment to him at all because he's such a Gaz rip off. Gaz was awesome.

Both god pathetic, undeserved deaths anyway so meh.

Teraspark

Mostly Indifferent
Nov 4, 2009
Staffordshire
[QUOTE="Cyn, post: 0]**** Ghost, seriously. I had no attachment to him at all because he's such a Gaz rip off. Gaz was awesome.

Both god pathetic, undeserved deaths anyway so meh.[/quote]

I seriously can't imagine why they would use the same actor for both voiceovers. IW ain't exactly tied to the purse strings when making the blooming game.

If they were trying to make the player think that it was Gaz from the first MW then they failed hard, seeing how we all remember the blood spurting out from Gaz's skull.

Sep 16, 2008
I think a prequel to this game would be really interesting. Although a sequel would be better as i would prefer to see what happens to Makarov.

N

nulleduser

A Captain MacMillan game would be so incredibly awesome that it would instantly make your console explode with awesomeness.

Teraspark

Mostly Indifferent
Nov 4, 2009
Staffordshire
[QUOTE="welshfrankie, post: 0]A Captain MacMillan game would be so incredibly awesome that it would instantly make your console explode with awesomeness.[/quote]

Nooooo! Do not want! The exploding console bit.

MacMillian would be cool but what could happen? The game will have to be set 25 odd years and that would mean the killstreaks we've come to know and love will long gone!

Indigo Virus

Superior Member
Feb 2, 2009
Berkshire UK
Never been a fan of spin-offs It's just a blatant cheap way to take more money of "mugs" who buy this twoddle.
I wanna see a game based on the greatest character of all.................Bubbles

N

nulleduser

[QUOTE="Teraspark, post: 0]Nooooo! Do not want! The exploding console bit.

MacMillian would be cool but what could happen? The game will have to be set 25 odd years and that would mean the killstreaks we've come to know and love will long gone![/quote]

It would be a more stealth orientated game, I love the stealth missions!

smiggy

Forum Sage
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
[QUOTE="VintageElise, post: 0]Wait Wait Wait. I thought Ghost was actually meant to me Gaz? :lol:[/quote]

This. Gaz died at the end of COD4 hence why he is now called Ghost.

willwar

Apprentice
Oct 25, 2008
So... Gaz is essentially Kenny from Southpark. I figured it must be him too, at least that's what IW wants us to think. They intentionally left it mysterious for that reason.