Ghostbusters for only $19.78...worth it?

jaewest304

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2008
www.myspace.com
Amazon has it for all platforms in the deal of the day. I just bought Tekken 6 Limited Edition (one with arcade controller) for only $59 and then I saw this deal. I am thinking I should jump on it. Any thoughts?

Montevista

Forum Elder
Sep 7, 2008
Yes, it's a fun game with really good graphics. It also has online with some pretty fun modes, at $20 it's practically a steal.

jaewest304

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2008
www.myspace.com
[QUOTE="Montevista, post: 0]Yes, it's a fun game with really good graphics. It also has online with some pretty fun modes, at $20 it's practically a steal.[/quote]

I heard its almost impossible to platinum...is that true? I like a challenge and prefer trying to get plats in the harder games

4wdWRX

[QUOTE="jaewest304, post: 0]Amazon has it for all platforms in the deal of the day. I just bought Tekken 6 Limited Edition (one with arcade controller) for only $59 and then I saw this deal. I am thinking I should jump on it. Any thoughts?[/quote]

Nah don't do it. Get a bucket of chicken from KFC instead. It's a lot more fulfilling.

Montevista

Forum Elder
Sep 7, 2008
[QUOTE="jaewest304, post: 0]I heard its almost impossible to platinum...is that true? I like a challenge and prefer trying to get plats in the harder games[/quote]

I had heard there were a few online trophies that were glitched, but that was months ago and I'm pretty sure they would be patched by now. :)

Besides, I know that one of my friends has the platinum, so technically it's not impossible.

jaewest304

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2008
www.myspace.com
[QUOTE="4wdWRX, post: 0]Nah don't do it. Get a bucket of chicken from KFC instead. It's a lot more fulfilling.[/quote]

Lol, that was good :lol:

[QUOTE="Montevista, post: 0]I had heard there were a few online trophies that were glitched, but that was months ago and I'm pretty sure they would be patched by now. :)

Besides, I know that one of my friends has the platinum, so technically it's not impossible.[/quote]

Sounds good. I just hoped it was at least near the challenge I been reading it was. Its gonna take 2-4 weeks for it to ship but thats no big deal since I have other games still needing worked on at the moment...Im placing the order now

MinerWilly

Superior Member
Jun 22, 2008
I rented and played it all week until completion , its a hell of a lot of fun and if you in any way enjoyed the films you will love the game .

gn09

Elite Member
Jan 14, 2009
lol i would get it, seems enjoyable to play when your really bored, pretty simple game but fun no doubt

Lirion

Sony samurai
Dec 14, 2005
[QUOTE="jaewest304, post: 0]I heard its almost impossible to platinum...is that true? I like a challenge and prefer trying to get plats in the harder games[/quote]

The platinum is impossible to take becuase no one is playing this game online. I have 5 trophies left before platinum and they are all online, trophies that require you to play online a lot to get them.

Sep 11, 2009
hell no. maybe if it was free then it would be. Movies that get translated into game are always bad with the exception of batman and X-men but its a terrible GAME. As far as the actual movies go yes they are good but a game ghostbusters... I'll rather get fast food for that amount and then it will be worth it.

Yuuichi

Miqo'te Bard
Oct 25, 2009
I loved this game. Gave me the feeling I was looking for. Bringing everyone back was a major plus. Then agian I am a huge ghostbuster fan, always have been, so to me this was living out the dream of being a ghostbuster lol.

marti_

Superior Member
May 17, 2007
hopefully this post reaches you in time before you buy it...

ghostbusters the game had the worst graphics i've ever seen on ps3. i bought it and took it back after an hour. i know games aren't all about the graphics, but it was disgusting. it hurt my eyes to look at it. extremely annoying seems that i was super keen for it pre-release.

for $19.78 i would prefer buying a good hammer, a packet of nails and smashing them into my eyeballs over ghostbusters the game, imo anyways.

-Shafty-

overstepping the mark
Sep 7, 2007
[QUOTE="marti_, post: 0]hopefully this post reaches you in time before you buy it...

ghostbusters the game had the worst graphics i've ever seen on ps3. i bought it and took it back after an hour. i know games aren't all about the graphics, but it was disgusting. it hurt my eyes to look at it. extremely annoying seems that i was super keen for it pre-release.

for $19.78 i would prefer buying a good hammer, a packet of nails and smashing them into my eyeballs over ghostbusters the game, imo anyways.[/quote]

I'll send you a $20 dollar bill,
keep the change.

jaewest304

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2008
www.myspace.com
[QUOTE="marti_, post: 0]hopefully this post reaches you in time before you buy it...

for $19.78 i would prefer buying a good hammer, a packet of nails and smashing them into my eyeballs over ghostbusters the game, imo anyways.[/quote]

Wow, seriously? I played the demo a long time ago and thought it was decent over all. You're the second person to mention the graphics being bad though. Its already too late anyway as that price was an Amazon deal of the day price and I ordered it

camo

Apprentice
Mar 26, 2009
If you're a fan then buy it, but do be aware of the sub HD graphics and some terrible textures but it's worth it for a giggle.

Maybe you should carry on playing UC2, MW2 etc etc and wait for Ghostbusters to fall further in price.