God of War 3 to Feature Online?

Feb 19, 2007
Well, I can't say I'm surprised, pretty much all games have to have an online of some sorts to survive (of course there are exceptions (RPG's and Platformers)) as online is almost standard now-a-days to be honest

Although GOW Online would be intresting... maybe an arena full of mini Kratos' in a limb tearing deathmatch? lol

Nov 6, 2005
NA
it does not mean it would be on line...I think they are just trying to advertise the company...it would be cool if they did do that...but I doubt it...

Dec 20, 2006
Jesus I hate this generation of gaming. I really do.

No longer can you dedicate your whole time to making the main component of a game as good as it can be....now everything has to have online multiplayer in some form.

No capture the flag in ******* Final Fantasy 13! Boooo let's riot!!!! :rolleyes:

Targetboard

Dedicated Member
Sep 11, 2007
I don't think there will be online co-op. Kratos is one of the most bad-ass video game characters ever created, and him teaming up with a partner would tarnish that anti-hero image of his.
If anything, it's probably going to be stuff like online leaderboards ala. DMC4. I have not followed the progress of NG2 very well, but I would not be surprised if Team Ninja did not succumb to online gameplay. There are some genres that do not need this, and action games are one of them. Besides, I can't imagine Kratos, Dante and Ryu ever needing a buddy to lend them a helping hand...

noethix

Superior Member
Oct 15, 2007
Kratos and his brother for co-op? Use your imagination, that could play out well. Or maybe a co-op challenges mode, online VS fighting mode, etc...

Nov 9, 2007
or maybe they will use the game engine and have online deathmath with other caracters... I remember playing Rune online on the PC and it rocked!!

Mar 24, 2008
[QUOTE="Targetboard, post: 0]I don't think there will be online co-op. Kratos is one of the most bad-ass video game characters ever created, and him teaming up with a partner would tarnish that anti-hero image of his.
If anything, it's probably going to be stuff like online leaderboards ala. DMC4. I have not followed the progress of NG2 very well, but I would not be surprised if Team Ninja did not succumb to online gameplay. There are some genres that do not need this, and action games are one of them. Besides, I can't imagine Kratos, Dante and Ryu ever needing a buddy to lend them a helping hand...[/quote]

Actually, you couldn't be any more wrong. If one genre needs some online mp it is 3d hack n slash action games or 3d brawling action games. It'd really liven up the genre. The only thing about it is I'd rather it not be a contrived MP mode that just has you both being the same player. It'd be better if these sorts of action games had other characters within the story, a la Double Dragon, Battletoads, Streets of Rage (cuz thoes games are the predecessors of these hack n slash hybrid action games).

Like, take Ninja Gaiden for instance. Ryu Hayabusa is part of the DOA storyline and there's a good amount of ninjas in that game and 1 of them, Ayane just so happens to already be in the NG games anywayz, but nonplayable obviously. It'd be dope as hell to be able to have 1-4 players playing these types of games and they could incorporate all the rest of the ninjas in DOA into NG''s storyline and make them playable characters with their signature moves and weapons all their own.

By default, the main character would still be Ryu, but they could have it whereas 1nce you beat the game, you gain access to some of the other characters and within the storymode you'd always cross paths with them as if they were doing their own thing on the side, fighting their own enemies and going thru alt. routes of the same levels and/or even different levels all together. And when you play in MP mode, these other characters would be there, yet you could play together with them with friends and the alt. paths and enemies could kinda meld within each other, creating an even longer, more difficult quest with added enemies. In the MP modes, they could/should incorporate additional waves of enemies coming @ you and maybe even more on-screen all @ 1nce as well. They could even add tag team moves with it as well. And the game could offer alt. endings when playing with MP mode and with the alt. characters as well, thus significantly boosting the replay and fun-factor of the game. Extra content is almost never a bad thing for any game and having MP can seriously add to that.

The only thing though, is it'll probably never happen cuz most developers, Itagaki included are too fukking stupid and/or lazy to do something like that

God Of War doesn't have extra characters within it's storyline to aid Kratos that would make much sense to teh storyline cuz MP might be funny style or @ least contrived for it's epic story. However, I've always imagined a MASSIVE cross-over action adventure game between characters like Kratos, Dante' from DMC, Heavenly Sword's Noriko and Ryu of NG, amongst plenty of others within that sort of action game genre. Of course, this too is but a dream that will unfortunately, probably never see the light of day due to multiple things, like creator's egos, licensing properties, etc. It could be done beautifully, but I just know it won't happen, despite that such dream matches would be overkill for the fans and would damn near guarantee itself to be a hot seller.