God of War Announcement Incoming

Nuvian

Master Sage
Feb 4, 2008

Santa Monica have teased a God of War announcement of some sort via Twitter. Is it a big announcement, or is it something tiny? A map pack or a new game? All we know at this point is that it’s on its way.

The Instagram link is of a short video that shows a group fighting in a coliseum of sorts. The rest is entirely a mystery.

It’s probably fair to presume that this will be some sort of DLC for God of War: Ascension‘s multiplayer modes. Anything else would seem a little much for a random Tweet and an instagram video. On the other hand, it wouldn’t be the first time that a God of War announcement has been made out of the blue, and it never fails to impress when it happens.

Well, it never fails to impress most people. A few have been left bitter following the announcement that PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale will not be getting any more DLC. That Santa Monica continue to support Ascension might be seen as a little surprising in light of their abandonment of Battle Royale, especially in the eyes of the hardcore fans, but that’s a completely different story.
Source

I'm hoping for something PS4 related, but its probably just some DLC for Ascension.

Last edited:

KnotGamer901

Master Poster
Jan 31, 2010
NC
I agree with the article. this should be a dlc for ascension. if it was a new game I think it'd be a bit bigger than an Instagram and whatnot.
I agree with black wolfie tho a vita game would be cool. or how about a next gen title?

moving on tapatalk

May 5, 2011
USA
[QUOTE="KnotGamer901, post: 6155520]well since we're all in agreement on a gow vita. where do u think they should go with the story?

moving on tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Assuming they are making a PS4 God of War (because of God of War 3's ending), have a new story related to the PS4 God of War.

KnotGamer901

Master Poster
Jan 31, 2010
NC
[QUOTE="The Black Wolf, post: 6155524]Assuming they are making a PS4 God of War (because of God of War 3's ending), have a new story related to the PS4 God of War.[/QUOTE]

agreed that would be a nice tie-in and primer.

@kuro-I dont know how well that would work man, i mean the whole god of war series is about KRATOS. Who would take his place?

AaronSOLDIER

Ultimate Veteran
Apr 5, 2007
forums.final7fantasy.com
I think it'll be for Vita which is also probably why they're porting the HD Collection sooner rather than later (I think all HD Collections will end up on Vita, just hope framerate wise its better than the J&D port). Hopefully SSA is handling the port themselves after Ascension's release.

Jul 11, 2013
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 6155623]I think it'll be for Vita which is also probably why they're porting the HD Collection sooner rather than later (I think all HD Collections will end up on Vita, just hope framerate wise its better than the J&D port). Hopefully SSA is handling the port themselves after Ascension's release.[/QUOTE]

they need to stop being greedy and put the whole God of War Saga on the Vita. IT ONLY MAKES SENSE

Forcedme

Super Elite
Oct 19, 2007
DAYUM, Kratos, how long you gonna stay mad at the world?

Sheesh.

If it's a Vita game he should kill all the forced features that are put on you. Like, a prompt to swipe downward appears, and Kratos screams then starts stabbing it.

I would very much appreciate that.

KnotGamer901

Master Poster
Jan 31, 2010
NC
[QUOTE="TekkenLord, post: 6161667]should be interesting to see GOW on ps4. If they do he might go up against atena[/QUOTE]

why necessarily Athena

moving on tapatalk

Jul 13, 2013
[QUOTE="KnotGamer901, post: 6161737]why necessarily Athena

moving on tapatalk[/QUOTE]

She became a higher being, didn't she? There are peeps above the gods

KnotGamer901

Master Poster
Jan 31, 2010
NC
[QUOTE="Captobvious75, post: 6162431]She became a higher being, didn't she? There are peeps above the gods[/QUOTE]

peeps above the gods? I don't think so. not in actual Greek mythology anyways. might be on the game tho e.g. the furies

moving on tapatalk