God of War III is coming out this year

DontKnowMe

Forum Elder
Oct 19, 2006
http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/208942/confirmed-god-of-war-iii-is-coming-out-this-year/
BREAKING: Sony confirms that the third video game in their immensely popular action series, God of War III, will by released on PS3 in 2009.
In a new SCEA press release about the release of Killzone 2 on PlayStation 3 next week, Sony confirms that God of War III will be released this year. This news about God of War III's 2009 release date comes hot on the heels of the new God of War III: Fear Nothing trailer that revealed Kratos slaughtering in real-time, and the unveiling GoWIII's vicious cast of enemies, new weapons, and killer special moves (You can read the FULL 8-PAGE PREVIEW on GamePro that's heaping with new God of War III info.

Sony announces in the press release that the they have,
...An unprecedented year of titles to hit the PlayStation platform throughout the year including the blockbuster exclusives Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, inFamous, MAG, Heavy Rain, God of War III and MLB 09 The Show.

Ancient Greece's worst nightmare Kratos is coming to the PS3 this year! (CLICK HERE for 33 HD screens of God of War III)

Don G.

Elite Member
Oct 31, 2005
Wow. That would be awesome if they could release this game this year. Besides MGS, this is as confident as I can ever be to a game being universally loved by everyone. I can't wait for this game to come out!!! I love God of War. Definitely plan on playing 1 & 2 again prior to release.

clean515

Elite Guru
Oct 11, 2007
No.

God of war 3 is aimed to come out this year just like Duke Nukem was aimed to come out in 1999. I doubt GOW3 delay would be that big but there is a damm big chance of it getting delayed some time.

B

bruiser07

they say this **** just to hopefully boost console sales as much as possible. God of War III will be delayed - i'd be willing to put money on it - till 2010.

doesn't matter, there are plenty of other great games coming out this year.

cpitt

Super Elite
Mar 14, 2007
www.youtube.com
If this is ends up being true and comes out this year, thats a big win for Sony because its showing that it can pump out amazing epic games in a shorter ammount of time.

SonyJunkie

Gaming Guru
May 14, 2006
That would be ****ing sweet. I don't want them to rush it though. If it gets delayed until 2010, that will not bother me at all. That just means they are making it better.

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="cpitt, post: 0]If this is ends up being true and comes out this year, thats a big win for Sony because its showing that it can pump out amazing epic games in a shorter ammount of time.[/quote]

Shorter amount of time? Shorter than what? Do you have any idea how long these games (Killzone 2 and GOW3) have been in development? I don't think "shorter amount of time" fits into either one of those games.

SonyJunkie

Gaming Guru
May 14, 2006
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 0]Shorter amount of time? Shorter than what? Do you have any idea how long these games (Killzone 2 and GOW3) have been in development? I don't think "shorter amount of time" fits into either one of those games.[/quote]

I read somewhere that while they were working on God of War 2, they had members of the team working on getting the PS3 engine up and running. So while they were working on God of War 2 in '06 - '07, they were also working on God of War 3. So about 3-4 years they will be working on it. That is along time.

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
Yeah i agree with others, a delay may come, but thats ok because it just means a better quality title :)

So much for GOW3 being released in March 2010.. :p

the_End

Master Guru
Jul 30, 2007
This hasn't been confirmed by Santa Monica, I'll wait till they tell us the street date. Also, this could mean Sony's Fiscal Year which ends March 2010.

Jan 11, 2008
www.Thetf.net
I wonder if they are talking about Calender year or Fiscal year. I'm extremely happy if this is true. Reason I'm wondering is because I've had it indicated to me that it would be early 2010, which is what most other people presumed.

Maybe Sony will actually pull one up on Microsoft by announcing the release date at E3 for this year, just as Microsoft announce release dates for their as yet unknown titles. Adding God of War III to the console exclusive list for this year is a major, major event.

Dec 25, 2008
SOny and their developers should really be on the same page before they start putin their feet in their mouths. Developers say the game needs work and wont be out til 2010 only to have sony say a week later that the game is coming out at the end of the year. It cant be both, please just choose one.

coolguy

Ultimate Veteran
May 24, 2005
long island ny
Gamepro said this lol..Sony will tell us at this year's E3 when god of war 3 will launch.
gamepro is just guessing.. i dont this game will be ready for holiday 09

clean515

Elite Guru
Oct 11, 2007
[QUOTE="coolguy, post: 0]Gamepro said this lol..Sony will tell us at this year's E3 when god of war 3 will launch.
gamepro is just guessing.. i dont this game will be ready for holiday 09[/quote]

As you can read if you bothered to it's from SCEA press release that they say it so lol at you good sir.