God of War releases April 20th, story trailer

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
This is either going to make GOW Sony's weakest IP (and bring about the questions of why this wasn't just an all new norse title), or it's going to solidify it as one of Sony's marquee titles.

We'll soon find out!

Personally just preferred Kratos when he was murdering everything because he fancied, to be honest :p

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
This is either going to make GOW Sony's weakest IP (and bring about the questions of why this wasn't just an all new norse title), or it's going to solidify it as one of Sony's marquee titles.

We'll soon find out!

Personally just preferred Kratos when he was murdering everything because he fancied, to be honest :p
Did you know there are no camera cuts in this game? I know it's old news but I just read about it today and thought it was interesting.

FinalxxSin

Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2015
I'll wait for a price drop before getting into this one. I got a feeling I won't enjoy it. I hope the rest of you enjoy it though.

R

Rush3d

I really like where the story seems to be going.

Also... I couldn't help but chuckle when the boy asks "can you kill something that big?" if only he knew...

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
That's actually pretty amazing. That must mean cutscenes are all gameplay graphics then.
Most likely, which probably also means you don't have to wait to skip a cutscene during subsequent playthroughs.

I know that's how you could tell the cutscenes in the Uncharted trilogy and The Last of Us weren't really in-game because you had to wait 10 to 15 seconds after they started to be able to skip them (and this was after waiting a minute or two to get past the loading screen).

No doubt when the PS5 releases and people go back to play God of War on the PS4, there will be no question they were looking at gameplay graphics.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Did you know there are no camera cuts in this game? I know it's old news but I just read about it today and thought it was interesting.
That's pretty amazing. It looks like they're going for more emotion with this one. Pretty ambitions to run all this in-engine and in real time. GOW 3 had some insane set-pieces, the tech must be pretty impressive to pull this off!

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
That's pretty amazing. It looks like they're going for more emotion with this one. Pretty ambitions to run all this in-engine and in real time. GOW 3 had some insane set-pieces, the tech must be pretty impressive to pull this off!
I know Ghost would be the first person to advocate the technical prowess of Santa Monica Studios.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I am glad they are going with this new route. God of War was getting stale and this I believe will absolutely bring new life to the franchise. It sort of reminds me of when Resident Evil 4 changed the series for the better. And then again with RE7.