God of War Wins Game Of The Year At The Game Awards

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
It's interesting because God of War took a new approach with its story, gameplay and technical design (no camera cuts).

Disappointed that Dragon Quest XI didn't win best role-playing game but then I know almost nothing about Monster Hunter World.

I don't care for the e-sports stuff and don't recognize any of the content creators. I guess that's more for the kids growing up on Fortnite and other online multiplayer games being streamed on Twitch or wherever. I'll stick to OneyPlays and videogamedunkey.

Also, lol at Call of Duty being nominated for best audio design while Battlefield isn't. I thought it was supposed to be the other way around?

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Yeah I thought when it came to the game awards I thought it was going to be RDR2. Congrats God Of War and Geoff overhypes things as usual very typical.

Laddie13

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 7, 2018
I’m usually not in agreement with the GOTY, but they got it right this time. I was so happy that God Of War won, I called it my pick back when it released and nothing else I played throughout the year even came close.

Two4DaMoney

Master Sage
Jun 4, 2007
Definitely well deserved for such a great game. Part 2 is going to be even better. I can't even begin to imagine what they're going to be able to pull off on the PS5 along with a wayyy better cpu.

robvandam111

Master Poster
Mar 11, 2010
Miami, Fl
I’m usually not in agreement with the GOTY, but they got it right this time. I was so happy that God Of War won, I called it my pick back when it released and nothing else I played throughout the year even came close.
Wasn't Breath of the Wild Game of the Year last year? That seemed right as well.

Hello Fellaz :)!

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Definitely well deserved for such a great game. Part 2 is going to be even better. I can't even begin to imagine what they're going to be able to pull off on the PS5 along with a wayyy better cpu.
Realistic pulling off of enemy limbs. "With our new rendering engine, you can actually see the skin tear apart from the muscle and bone as if it were melted cheese."

Jun 4, 2007
Realistic pulling off of enemy limbs. "With our new rendering engine, you can actually see the skin tear apart from the muscle and bone as if it were melted cheese."
I would love for them to have realtime damage. Bleeding and deep cuts. Brain, bones, guts and muscles.

Just make it an option that you can turn off so that some people won't lose their minds.