Good looking men...

shcndw

Dedicated Member
Oct 29, 2006
I sometimes state that a man is good looking. In addition, I'm straight and I feel perfectly comfortable when I say it. However, some people (mostly other males) refer to me as a homosexual after stating that a man is good looking. I most definitely have no problem with homosexuality but my main concern is that people believe that my sexuality suddenly changes after I praise a same-gender's looks.

Should I avoid pointing out that a man is good looking? Do other people on this forum find some same-sex people good looking whilst themselves are straight?

For the girls: what type of male would attract you?
For the lads: what type of female would attract you?

Boxman

Dedicated Member
Jan 27, 2009
They are what I like to call, "D*****bags". I'm not afraid to say wether a guy looks good, and I'm straight. Simply a complement, if that's where you're getting at.

Just avoid saying it, especially in a high school. I'm guessing that's where you're getting harrased at right?

Girls that attract me:

Redheads/Blondes. Don't talk like a stuck up *********es/morons. Has somewhat of a sense of humor. Medium - big breasts. Does not nag. Nice body.

Oh, and a girl that doesn't steal money.:)

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
well, age has a lot to do with that attitude. i mean, your 16 years old. I am assuming that the people you say that to are from 15 to 18 years old, maybe 19 or 20 also?

The only guy that I've seen so far that made me say to myself "damn, that is one good lookin SOB". Johnny dep:yikes

360DiedOnMe

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
I don't have a problem saying anyone is good looking but why would i say it about guys constantly when i'm straight out of nowhere? If i see a girl that's hot i will say it but i have no reason to say that about a guy i guess. You should probably stop saying it in your case especially since you're 16 and people will think you're homosexual.

BigYoSpeck

Superior Member
Dec 29, 2008
Man Rules:

You can never compliment another man on anything other than attributes you your self do not have. So if you aren't funny it's safe to say another man is. If you aren't good with cars, it's safe to say another man is. And if you aren't atractive, it's safe to say another man is. Paying a compliment to another man for an attribute you do have will either be taken as sarcasm or being a gay.

No talking in the mens room unless it's at the wash basins and you are drunk.

Never ask for directions. You nose has a build up of magnetite in it which is your natural compass. No matter how hard she pressures to stop and ask, be assured your nose will find the way.

Instruction manuals are for wimps.

In all seriousness guys can tell when another guy is attractive, but is is a bit odd to say.

nskinnear

Elite Sage
Oct 12, 2007
Who cares what others think? Just say whatever you want, and don't give those closed-minded people the time of day.

exYle

Master Guru
Aug 16, 2006
Totally get you, bud.
The only time I tell my friends that I think they're good looking guys is when they feel lonely and like crap about themselves. Otherwise, I always get the strange looks.

BigYoSpeck

Superior Member
Dec 29, 2008
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtfQg4KkR88"]YouTube - Flight of the Conchords Ep 6 Bret, You've got it Going On[/ame]

Ezekiel

Forum Sage
Apr 29, 2006
[QUOTE="Boxman, post: 0]They are what I like to call, "D*****bags". I'm not afraid to say wether a guy looks good, and I'm straight. Simply a complement, if that's where you're getting at.

Just avoid saying it, especially in a high school. I'm guessing that's where you're getting harrased at right?

Girls that attract me:

Redheads/Blondes. Don't talk like a stuck up *********es/morons. Has somewhat of a sense of humor. Medium - big breasts. Does not nag. Nice body.

Oh, and a girl that doesn't steal money.:)[/quote]

Hey, you sexy stud muffin you!:snicker

If a guy is handsome I'll admit it! But I'm not going out of my way to compliment him! It's all down to the maturity level really!

Boxman

Dedicated Member
Jan 27, 2009
[QUOTE="Morganator, post: 0]Hey, you sexy stud muffin you!:snicker

If a guy is handsome I'll admit it! But I'm not going out of my way to compliment him! It's all down to the maturity level really![/quote]

Hey you hunk muffin. :snicker

My main point btw, is what Morganator said^.

Mickice, picture isn't showing...

Shaunyac

Master Guru
Dec 24, 2007
Wayles.
If a guy is good looking it's hardly a crime to state it :lol: We say cars are good looking does that mean we are autophiles? :snicker

Ohh and in the sub section, there's a lot of manly love around, like proper homo love so we're definitely open here...

<3 (You know who you are)

iLake

Super Elite
Sep 16, 2008
Louisiana
gamingcompanyhq.com
Nobody is 100% Heterosexual, first of all. Secondly, no it's not a homosexual thing to praise someone of the same gender's physical appearance. On another note, a girl that attracts me is usually one with an awesome personality, and one that doesn't have a spas attack when someone says something she dislikes.

Sep 17, 2009
being a bodybuilding fan i have to put up with that homo crap sometimes, it usual comes from people with similar characteristics and reasoning methods, and i`d assume they are the same pple who would give you thrash about what your saying, these people are quite stupid.

It depends how you say it.. if you say damn that guy is so ****ing hot then i dont blame them for thinking what they do but if you say something like damn,.... that guy doesnt have any problems with the ladies
its another thing

there is not clear answer to what girl i like... everyone has their pluses and minuses so you have to look at the whole picture, having a beautiful face and *well built body are a must

*it means finely crafted, so dont assume it automatically means fit

BigYoSpeck

Superior Member
Dec 29, 2008
[QUOTE="iLake, post: 0]Nobody is 100% Heterosexual, first of all.[/quote]

I've had this debate with gay friends of mine and I don't get it at all. I've never had a sexual encounter with a male, so 100% of mine have been with females. I've never wondered if I could be gay as women are just too darn perty. I have feelings for my male friends, hell there are 3 of them I will openly say I love and hug in public. But it's a feeling of comradery not in any way sexual.

SYLiam

Superior Member
Jan 10, 2008
[QUOTE="shcndw, post: 0]I sometimes state that a man is good looking. In addition, I'm straight and I feel perfectly comfortable when I say it.[/quote]

Good. Nothing wrong with saying a fellow dude is good looking.

It's nothing to be uncomfortable about, the guys who say it's weird to say that are usually the ones that are uncomfortable with their sexuality.

holly

Forum Guru
Jul 2, 2008
[QUOTE="nskinnear, post: 0]Who cares what others think? Just say whatever you want, and don't give those closed-minded people the time of day.[/quote]
Skinny is right.

I say that other girls are pretty, no one calls me a lesbian and even if they did i wouldn't really care.

360DiedOnMe

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
^^ Oh but it's much different for girls and we all know it. Just like girls can make out and we think nothing of it but if guys do then they will get called names lol. The thing is girls are always checking other girls out. I check girls out not guys. If you're not gay though, i don't see why you would always be saying to your friends how hot some guy is. That's jus odd. Maybe the op is just gay and doesn't want to admit it to himself??

boogernose

Dedicated Member
Apr 19, 2007
[QUOTE="360DiedOnMe, post: 0]^^ Oh but it's much different for girls and we all know it. Just like girls can make out and we think nothing of it but if guys do then they will get called names lol. The thing is girls are always checking other girls out. I check girls out not guys. If you're not gay though, i don't see why you would always be saying to your friends how hot some guy is. That's jus odd. Maybe the op is just gay and doesn't want to admit it to himself??[/quote]
Yeah, it is different for girls. As for the OP, I think he was just saying "good looking" not hot. I think there is a big difference. Good looking is a passing compliment and hot means you want to get with that person (just my opinion on the wordage).

Personally, I would never say that a guy is good looking, but I might think to myself "girls probably find him attractive." Anyway, I find it difficult to judge if a guy is attractive or not since I'm not attracted to men. Unless the guy looks like Brad Pitt or something... then I know girls will like him. :razz:

Sektor

Forum Elder
Mar 10, 2008
I am exactly the same. I'm only 18 but I can see if a guy is attractive and I'm straight. Some people will always judge you by it. Just ignore them.

Girl that attracts me:
Short Hair (Color isn't such a big thing)
Dresses Nice
Laid Back, good personality and all that stuff

Uncool

Power Member
Aug 27, 2006
There are just some guys ought there that make you say "If I was a girl I would totally hit on that guy" or "who's too good looking."

For me if someone is just to freaking hot to compare I usually say "that person is a sex machine, he/she just drips sex."

Most of it however stem's from jealous because guess what guys, a stud walking around alone gets hated on by people who are tubby's and hate the way they look when they compare themselves to each other. And the most adamant guys who are afraid of telling another person he's good looking has at one time participated on some form of erotic play aka teabagging/clapping/shot to the nads/wedgies/ so forth.

The best type of man is one that can let his defenses down and become comfortable in his own opinions even if it offends people. Nobody lives a complete life without showing an ounce of compassion even in the slightest.

shcndw

Dedicated Member
Oct 29, 2006
[QUOTE="360DiedOnMe, post: 0]^^ Oh but it's much different for girls and we all know it. Just like girls can make out and we think nothing of it but if guys do then they will get called names lol. The thing is girls are always checking other girls out. I check girls out not guys. If you're not gay though, i don't see why you would always be saying to your friends how hot some guy is. That's jus odd. Maybe the op is just gay and doesn't want to admit it to himself??[/quote]

But I don't always say to my friends that a guy is 'hot'. I just admit that a guy is good looking to a girl or a friend and I won't say it randomly (without a cause). I honestly have no idea why it's alright for a female to say that another female is good looking whilst a man can't.

A good looking guy:

Brad Pitt.

Dec 6, 2006
Well i am a bit bias being i was a lesbian for a big portion of my life so yes of course i praise a woman's beauty. But i am currently in a relationship with a guy, and i don't find anything wrong with him saying another guy is good looking, i know he is as strait as they come but again like most of the people here he is very comfortable in his own sexuality that he can comment on a guy's looks. Next time ur friends say something to u ask them if they ever said a guy was ugly, if they have then really there is no difference to saying a guy is good looking, also if u want next time u give a guy a compliment around ur Friends say well groomed, instead of good looking, maybe they wont bother u as much!! lol.

holly

Forum Guru
Jul 2, 2008
Yeah i admit it is a bit different for girls lol. A lot more people are cool with girls being into other girls but not so much with guys being into other guys.

Sektor

Forum Elder
Mar 10, 2008
[QUOTE="holly, post: 0]Yeah i admit it is a bit different for girls lol. A lot more people are cool with girls being into other girls but not so much with guys being into other guys.[/quote]

Yeh I have noticed this also. It's just one of those things. Especially with people our age.