Google Stadia - game on!

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
So the Pro version is out in, I think, 14 countries, including the USA and the UK.

I have to be honest (and being a huge sucker for anything gaming) I am intrigued and close to buying it to try it out.

Anybody already tried it?

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Not in to streaming my games. I like the best possible quality with no chance of lag.

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
So, well, I got it and I like it so far but there is nothing that is uniquely Stadia. If that is what you are looking for; you will disappointed but it works and it's not bad to have as an additional option but I wouldn't replace the PS4/Xbox with this.

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
I picked it up too. The controller and box arrives today, but I tried it on the laptop. Streamed well but it's not 4k on the PC!!

Biggest gripe I'll have about Stadia is that the games are not yet Crossplay and this requires the developers themselves to build it into their games. No cross play == no Stadia continued subscription for me. I'll see how this plays out between now and Feb (when my 3 month sub runs out)

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
So I've been using the chromecast adapter that came with Stadia into my 4K TV. If you enable HDR in the Stadia app you do not get 4K, you get some sub-res which is often blurry. The only way to get close to 4K is to disable HDR.

Looks like there's still quite a bit of work to do Google!

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
When it comes to streaming, I personally don't care about it being 4K so much. No lag, slow downs is all I care for right now — I'll be using Stadia as a secondary system, vs my primary.