Gran Turismo 5 Nurburgring Reality Check [WOW]

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
Awsome.
I knwo a couple people say 1 of the reasons they dont like GT5 is lack of speed but looking at that vid shows that it is accurate representation of real world speed.

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
I could almost not tell the difference, that's how great this game is, and once again, misjudged by the monkeys at IGN. No surprise there.

Graham

like.no.other
Dec 3, 2005
[QUOTE="DreDayDetox, post: 5339160]I could almost not tell the difference, that's how great this game is, and once again, misjudged by the monkeys at IGN. No surprise there.[/QUOTE]
To be fair, I'd be one of those monkeys because I rated that game as a high 7 when I first got it. For the most part, it's fair to say that the game did not live up to the years of hype, and the issues with jaggy shadows and other glaring inconsistencies in the game were justified in a lot of review scores. Only now, after putting in many days into the game do I truly appreciate it, and a large part of that could have been fixed simply by giving a free-ride mode like Forza 3, where every car can be played on every track in arcade mode. You could argue that the need to put so much time into the game to progress is a flaw too...

Anyway, Nurb does indeed look impressive compared to real life.

Graham

like.no.other
Dec 3, 2005
[QUOTE="Funeralfog, post: 5339389]lol last i checked, this game was about cars, not jaggy shadows. and holy crap. i have nothing that fast i don't think. 270+? WOW[/QUOTE]
Always one trying to be clever eh? GT5 is about whatever you want it to be, either collecting cars, driving them aimlessly, upgrading, and/or racing them. The latter being the core of the game because if you don't race you don't progress, simple as that. Regardless, there were/are flaws in the game that really shouldn't be there after such a long development period. Not the heart of this thread I know, but somebody mentioned IGNs review so I provided an objective view in response.

All three of my stock X2010's go well over 270mph.

LfCpS3

Master Poster
May 22, 2009
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5339200]Not bad...[/QUOTE]

Not bad?
It looks almost exactly like real life and you say not bad? lol.
I can't wait to see what really impresses you.

Funeralfog

Master Guru
Nov 19, 2008
Camas, Washington USA
[QUOTE="Graham, post: 5339415]Always one trying to be clever eh? GT5 is about whatever you want it to be, either collecting cars, driving them aimlessly, upgrading, and/or racing them. The latter being the core of the game because if you don't race you don't progress, simple as that. Regardless, there were/are flaws in the game that really shouldn't be there after such a long development period. Not the heart of this thread I know, but somebody mentioned IGNs review so I provided an objective view in response.

All three of my stock X2010's go well over 270mph.[/QUOTE]

OH yeah? well my FOUR monster trucks can do backflips!

oh i forgot. i do have a bugatti so nevermind lol

Last edited:

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Very impressed by how accurate the track is to real life. Just look at the timing around turns and such. They are nearly identical.

tremblingwater

Superior Member
Sep 21, 2009
Knew it was realistic but its accurate more than anything. The sense of speed is perfect. Shame about no weird 'playstation' sound bite right at the end of the video, i wonder if they phasing that out.

Last edited:

mickice

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 8, 2006
Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
[QUOTE="Lethal_NFS, post: 5339637]Very impressed by how accurate the track is to real life. Just look at the timing around turns and such. They are nearly identical.[/QUOTE]

Alot of dev time has been spent making it as close to reality as possible. I believe NurBurg had alot of time spent on it.

Xelis

Elite Sage
Jan 1, 2008
[QUOTE="mickice, post: 5339036]The rubble strip is a tad different and now that you can fully remove the HUD they should redo the GT5 footage.[/QUOTE]

The HUD is the only thing allowing my to know which is which..