Gran Turismo Sport Announced for PS4 with VR Support

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
Yeah PD is one of the slowest devs around. Probably the slowest. It's really starting to hinder them. Considering we are 2 years in and they are just announcing. So probably another 4-5 years for 7. Then the console is going to be on its last leg. Then you're paying catch up ever gen.

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
[QUOTE="nextgen3, post: 6484935]i wasnt talking about illegal road racing plus all that was purely drag racing in a straight line so obviously you have to come 1st to win :/ but on track is whole different ball game to that nonsense.

im talking about how these GT games always have to come first to complete modes in everyone! but in another words motorsport relys on points systems through out how many tracks you've been racing on, come first more points you gain if second or third you can have better chances in the next rounds of racing of trying to come 1st therefore you don't have to come 1st all the time have to race work your way up & down the standings.

look at Driveclub let's you race in modes that gives you bar says weather you need to come first or finish in top 3 to complete the mode.[/QUOTE]

I guess I understand where you're coming from when you put it in that light. But I'm still a proponent of trying to come in first. But you have enlightened me. Congratulations. :D

[video=youtube;b5-iJUuPWis]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5-iJUuPWis[/video]

But this is ultimately my stance. lol

Oct 20, 2015
Tri-State Area
[QUOTE="XperienZ, post: 6485243]Still amazed they went ahead and released the game right under the nose of a new console. They really needed to get that game out much much earlier than December... GTA5 released in September, multiplatform and with everyone still debating about it coming out on the new consoles and obviously didn't sell half bad. I still vividly remember wondering why I bought GT6 knowing I had a week with it before I'd be setting up my PS4 and not necessarily feel I needed to go back to my PS3 for a while.

Thinking back on it now absolutely nothing about their decision making made much sense.[/QUOTE]

No, it really doesn't. The very worst thing we should have been presented with was a late port, with the prerequisite upgraded visuals. What they should have done is make it a PS4 exclusive, or at the very least hold it back for a simultaneous release. I've never understood what they were thinking there, either.

[QUOTE="$Greatness$, post: 6485932]I guess I understand where you're coming from when you put it in that light. But I'm still a proponent of trying to come in first. But you have enlightened me. Congratulations. :D[/QUOTE]

Well, you do get points in professional racing for placing high, but not coming in first. So there's that...

Feb 16, 2007
Okayama
So, I will want a racing game to show off PSVR to friends, but which one? I don't give a crap about racing, so what will have more general appeal? GT Sport, Driveclub VR, or Project Cars VR? A VR Motorstorm would be great, or even something like Burnout, because it's more "fun" (trademark Nintendo) and less realistic.

(Since no one on the internet can understand sarcasm, I don't actually believe "fun" is a binary or 1 dimensional quality, and it is very subjective... What I mean is "accessible")

Last edited: