Gran Turismo Sport vs. Forza Motorsport 7

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
I guess this question would be directed mainly to those who have played one or more games in both series and have a good idea of what to expect from Gran Turismo Sport and Forza Motorsport 7, both of which release in October.

One thing I know that will set the games apart from each other is that Gran Turismo Sport will have VR support through PS VR whereas VR support for Forza Motorsport 7 is neither confirmed or denied. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Anyways, what do you guys think will be the bigger racing game this year?

Last edited:

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
Forza has dominated the Sim segment ever since it launched. The one aspect where GT was better was in a steady frame rate that was when one was comparing GT5 and the original forza, and Forza 2 did not have that feel for speed. Also, Turn 10 was late in adopting day and night cycles and dynamic weather which will be coming to Forza Motorsport 7. But when it comes to gameplay, sound, A.I, game modes, and the online aspect, there is no racing game that comes close to Forza.

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
Thing that annoyed me with the last Gran Turismo (GT5) I played was engine sounds. UGH some were awful, and then VTEC doesn't kick in yo! Every VTEC engine is a single note up to the redline like when they are cold or stationary.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
I've read some say Gran Turismo 6 was better than Forza Motorsport 5. Mainly because Forza Motorsport 5 had significantly less content than its predecessor.

Last edited:

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
[QUOTE="Vyse, post: 6532886]I've read some say Gran Turismo 6 was better than Forza Motorsport 5. Mainly because Forza Motorsport 5 had significantly less content than its predecessor.[/QUOTE]That was one of the downsides about Forza Motorsport 5, it was the decrease in content to the previous games. That said, the only thing Polyphony Digital had on Turn 10 was day and night cycles and dynamic weather, but when it comes to core gameplay, GT6 had nothing on even a game like Forza Motorsport 3.

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
I'm so torn on which one to get, but I may wind up getting both as originally planned. Might wait for GTS to go on sale since it comes out later and since I play more on PC now a days anyway. I just don't know what to do, lol

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
[QUOTE="$Greatness$, post: 6532949]I'm so torn on which one to get, but I may wind up getting both as originally planned. Might wait for GTS to go on sale since it comes out later and since I play more on PC now a days anyway. I just don't know what to do, lol[/QUOTE]Go with your heart. Your purchase, your enjoyment.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
This is off-topic but I was thinking about a game my friend's older brother used to play on his Xbox 360. He drove a supercar in third person on a highway overpass that looped into a garage. I'm thinking it might have been Project Gotham Racing 3 because of the motion blur.

It's weird, when I think of racing games by Microsoft, it's the first to come to mind. Now you have Gran Turismo Sport and Forza Motorsport 7 set to release around the same time and I think that's kind of exciting because it's a great opportunity to compare and contrast their gameplay and graphics.

Last edited:

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="Vyse, post: 6533042]This is off-topic but I was thinking about a game my friend's older brother used to play on his Xbox 360. He drove a supercar in third person on a highway overpass that looped into a garage. I'm thinking it might have been Project Gotham Racing 3 because of the motion blur.

It's weird, when I think of racing games by Microsoft, it's the first to come to mind. Now you have Gran Turismo Sport and Forza Motorsport 7 set to release around the same time and I think that's kind of exciting because it's a great opportunity to compare and contrast their gameplay and graphics.[/QUOTE]

PGR was a fantastic series.