$Greatness$ Presents: The Nice Kicks Thread

May 29, 2007
.....pss..behind you
[QUOTE="mickice, post: 6129247]I'm sorry but can you explain to me why? Are people impressed with your shoes? Do you ever get complimented on them?[/QUOTE]

Explain why what? I buy 2 pair? I buy 2 pair because I like having another pair for when those get worn out and need replacing. I also buy a cheap $1 toothbrush with every pair of sneakers I buy to keep them clean.

Is it wrong to want to look nice o_O?

Also yes. Men and more so women comment on my shoes/cloths or general attire quite often actually. Has no one ever complimented you on your cloths before?

Last edited:

mickice

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 8, 2006
Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
Like once, that wasn't family. If someone complimented my shoes here in Oz I'd have to do a double take to see what the joke is.
We even rip the stickers off our hats here.

Must be a cultural thing, over here certain brands reign supreme like they do in the US but they don't put you on a pedestal, alot of people are very casually dressed.

Last edited:
May 29, 2007
.....pss..behind you
It may quite possibly be a cultural thing. I'm not too hung up on branding tho personally. So long as it looks nice and is comfortable. Stickers stay on the hats tho... Don't exactly know why..... o_O? lmao

The brand that I do find myself gravitating to the most however is the old NY clothing company, Karl Kani. I surprisingly get crazy compliments for that gear. Thats old school right there, but I've always liked the styling and the Logo itself being as K is my nickname. They no longer make their clothing in the US unfortunately so I'll occasionally order from overseas.

Last edited:

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
[QUOTE="The Boy From School, post: 6129686]

Hnnng![/QUOTE]

lol, what?!

[QUOTE="faaeng, post: 6129295]It may quite possibly be a cultural thing. I'm not too hung up on branding tho personally. So long as it looks nice and is comfortable. Stickers stay on the hats tho... Don't exactly know why..... o_O? lmao
[/QUOTE]

I'll keel you, touch mah sticker! I keel you!

PBM

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
You guys are into some ugly ass shoes.

[QUOTE="keefy, post: 6036607]I like the look of the Nike Cortez Cyber posted a few pages ago and infact designed these.
you can get a custom name or whatever added to the heel of the shoe if wanted.
£90 and take 4 weeeks to make.

My design

[/QUOTE]
I love Nike Cortez. I had the classics before they stopped being manufactured. Never had so many compliments from girls on my shoes to this day. Those are a cool design. The Cortez shoes are friggin' comfy.

Last edited:

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
Let's kick it, PSU! GET THE SWAG GAME UP! Follow me and I'll take you there! Today I got a two-piece and a biscuit for you. Let's start with my defo cop on Saturday... The KD 6 - "Meteorology!

KD 6 "Meteorolgy"
Retail: $130
Release Date: 08/03/13

Come on, I'm so on them! Wish I could take them to Ocean City with me, but it is what it is.

And round two! OH SWEET LAWD! I hate Kobe. I hate ever fiber of his collective sports being. If he asked for water, I'd probably call him a sucka and go about my way. However, these right here are a must cop!

Information far as Release, Price are unknown. (Likely $140 though)

Dat Shit Cray!

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD

Reebox Kamikaze II "Remember the Alamo"
Retail: $160
Release Date: 08/02/13

I want to remember the Alamo! One of the toughest Reebox releases ever! And of course it would be a Spurs shoe! Shawn Kemp went in on this one! Sweet Laudy! My chick wanna cop, too. Somebody gotta get it.

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
[QUOTE="$Greatness$, post: 6166395]

Reebox Kamikaze II "Remember the Alamo"
Release Date: 08/02/13

I want to remember the Alamo! One of the toughest Reebox releases ever! And of course it would be a Spurs shoe! Shawn Kemp went in on this one! Sweet Laudy! My chick wanna cop, too. Somebody gotta get it.[/QUOTE]

Not had a Pair of Reebok for years and I do mean it. I used tio wear only thm during the 90s
All styles of Reebok blacktop hexalite for home and a pair of plain black for when at school something like these
http://www.reebok.co.uk/Men's-WORKOUT-PLUS/2760_580,en_GB,pd.html

Last edited:

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
[QUOTE="$Greatness$, post: 6202627]

Jordan Retro 5 "Bel-Air" (Fresh Prince of Bel-Air reference)
Release Date: 10/05/13

Just take my money, Nike! JUST TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Sylar, post: 6202768]maan that's some rave shoes right there![/QUOTE]

Thanks Homie. I can't wait till they release! And they will be extra limited!

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
Here we go! The official $Greatness$ Shoe retirement tour 2013. That's right, after December 2013 I'm done! It's over! So now I gotta get all my must have's by years end. The Jordan Retro 5 is my favorite Jordan of all-time, so I gotta go out with a bang. These next two months are going to destroy my pockets along with Christmas and PS4 (if I can cop anyway) But here we go!

Jordan Retro 5 "Laney"
Release Date: 11/2/13

Sweet mercy! The shoe game is getting too crazy, so I gotta back out while I still got a little money. lol I know somebody on PSU wants to cop? Don't bluff on me!

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
[QUOTE="PBM, post: 6226558]You're done? Are you going to go barefoot style?[/QUOTE]

Lmao! Not quite, pimp, I'll just wear what I have. I have more than enough. Just at the point in my life where I gotta prioritize and understand that this shoe game shit will one day fade. And prices are getting out of control. I can't keep spending upwards of $200 on kicks. It's gettin' wreckless lol

PBM

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
[QUOTE="$Greatness$, post: 6226578]Lmao! Not quite, pimp, I'll just wear what I have. I have more than enough. Just at the point in my life where I gotta prioritize and understand that this shoe game shit will one day fade. And prices are getting out of control. I can't keep spending upwards of $200 on kicks. It's gettin' wreckless lol[/QUOTE]
I don't think I've ever spent that much on a pair of shoes... at least not on ones that aren't dress shoes.

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
On the continued road to shoe retirement, I present an unexpected arrival. I give you...

Kobe 8 - Name "What the Kobe"
Retail: $140
Release Date: 12/06/13

It's a combination of all the Kobe 8 shoes that have released. He's taken a pic of each shoe and incorporated into one. It has been done with the LeBron's, KD's and Kobe's before. Example...

See how the NIKE Logo has been taken and put into the shoe? Pretty dope. Oh yeah... this shoe is currently going for $1500 to $2200 if I wanted to sell them. That would be a merry Christmas, but I'm chillin' !

Ezekiel

Forum Sage
Apr 29, 2006
[QUOTE="$Greatness$, post: 6259489]On the continued road to shoe retirement, I present an unexpected arrival. I give you...

Kobe 8 - Name "What the Kobe"
Retail: $140
Release Date: 12/06/13

It's a combination of all the Kobe 8 shoes that have released. He's taken a pic of each shoe and incorporated into one. It has been done with the LeBron's, KD's and Kobe's before. Example...

See how the NIKE Logo has been taken and put into the shoe? Pretty dope. Oh yeah... this shoe is currently going for $1500 to $2200 if I wanted to sell them. That would be a merry Christmas, but I'm chillin' ![/QUOTE]

No offense brah, but, those shoes look fugly. Then again, I'm into the minimalistic look.:snicker