Greenpeace: Say Nintendo (0.0) Eat Dolphins And Kill Pandas For Sport, Sony Good (7.3

the jackle.2

Dedicated Member
Oct 31, 2006
This here is funny,sony congratulated and nintys first dose of negative press and who does it come from-greenpeace of all people

Greenpeace have just released their sixth "Guide to Greener Electronics", which looks at electronics manufacturers and grades them according to how environmentally sound their manufacturing and product recycling processes (ie how they dispose of outdated technology) are. Where's this start getting relevant to you? For the first time the report covers thew manufacturers of games consoles, so Microsoft and Nintendo have for the first time come up for inspection alongside trusty old warhorse Sony. So how'd they all do?

Probably benefiting from the fact they produce a whole range of stuff, have been doing so for a long time and as such had to go through this kind of malarkey before, Sony use few toxic components in their gear, and have a good recycling/takeback policy on old stuff. Final Greenpeace score: a very healthy 7.3/10

Microsoft didn't do as well. Apparently they have a "long timeline" for the elimination of toxic chemicals from their manufacturing process, and also have a "poor" takeback policy and practice. Do try and keep your jokes to a minimum on that one, thanks. Final Greenpeace score: a miserable 2.7/10.

Nintendo? Oh Nintendo, Nintendo, Nintendo. You lied to us. You're awful. A joke. Or would be, if Greenpeace joked about this kind of thing, instead of frowning and tutting and generally being upset. Across the board they've got no idea, and failed every single category they were being assessed on. Indeed, things are so bad for the clean, wholesome family fun merchants that they're the first "global brand" in the history of the report to score zeros across every single assessable category. Final Greenpeace score: 0/10
http://kotaku.com/gaming/environmen...eat-dolphins-kill-pandas-for-sport-326767.php

M

majinvegeta

[QUOTE="FinalAtk, post: 0]Poor Nintendo. Wii would like to pollute.[/quote]

hahaha!

Someone should make a commercial about it.

Wii would like to pollute! :). Just like they say Wii would like to play in the commercials.

Rofls, this is funny. A console that is using parts that are so friggin old they don't even need any fan to cool it, yet they cheaped out and used toxic materials, tsk tsk tsk.

the jackle.2

Dedicated Member
Oct 31, 2006
[QUOTE="Hexadecimal, post: 0]I didn't see a URL to the article anywhere in that post.[/quote]

well i hardly went to the effort of making my own fictional greenpeace report :suspect:

Mar 17, 2006
Eh, pollution is overrated. I handle toxic organic solvents and PVC and pretty much the worst chemicals you could expose yourself to excluding radiation. And I just ran a 4.75 mile race 1 minute and 20 seconds faster than I ran it last year. So, pollution isn't so so bad. If you are a smoker, than that is worse for you than living in the exclusion zone, bet you didn't know that! And I wouldn't live in the exclusion zone if you paid me! (The exclusion zone is a 30km zone surrounding the Chernobyl power plant) People like to whine about pollution, but we could solve a lot of problems by getting rid of smoking and capping drug lords, than worring about the lead released by a few game factories. Cigarette and marijuana smoke contains 50 toxins which easily destroy lungs. BTW, potheads that think marijuana smoke is safe, sry. delta-9-tetrahydrocannibol, is carcinogenic, and marijuana smoke is equivalent to tobacco smoke in terms of toxicity. Drugs are society's biggest toxin, not chemicals. The only reason why drugs aren't seen as bad is because a bunch of ghetto people like to sell and use drugs, its much easier to blame something that a faceless empire makes, than a drug your son abuses every night. Yea, I went there. That said, mercury in the water supply is a VERY serious problem, and one we need to solve fast.

M

majinvegeta

[QUOTE="illusionstj, post: 0]They should make a Wii game where all you do is pick up trash on the ground and ecycle, maybe that'll up their score.[/quote]

Smart, email it to Nintendo, I bet they will take it.

You know the Wii, its for simple minded people who can't do complicated combo's. The most complicated thing on a wii is probably double jumps hahaha.

Mario the toxic cleaner, thats what they can call it. And they use the controller and point at the garbage and pick it up. And they can clean dog poop off the ground too, and maybe they can make this innovative game where you create a toxic free Wii.

Carl

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 26, 2006
Lol i don't think any of this environment rubbish is right. So i do my bit to leave my TV on, computer on, lights on, PS3 on, and freeview box on. Aswell as making my dad take me everywhere in the car, and walking as little as possible.

Seems Nintendo has their priorities right!

seebs

Elite Sage
Dec 29, 2006
I'd love to know in more detail what the complaints are about the Wii; I would have assumed that the console with the lowest power consumption would at least score SOMETHING.

Tears of Ash

Superior Member
Mar 25, 2007
soror64.com
I think it's more the fact that they use hardware that isn't good for the environment when not disposed of properly, and the company itself has no initiative to take back the hardware in order to dispose or reuse it properly, apparently.

hisame

Elite Guru
Dec 5, 2005
When you look at the way Nintendo do their business I am not amazed.
They use the cheapest stuff they can found and use factories in 3rd world that breaks every single law in manufactuering.
Just to make a few more bucks.

Ezekiel

Forum Sage
Apr 29, 2006
:lol: OH BOY! This thread is absolutely hilarious! :lol: ROFLMAO!

Sony is yet again taking the iniative to advance as much as possible. Good on Sony.

Sep 10, 2007
Wow, this is pretty amusing. I wonder what Nintendo will do to try and spin this? I bet this will get more interesting when they try.

P209

Master Poster
Jun 19, 2006
somehow Sony does good Microsoft does bad and Nintendo fails completely and no one gets bashed. Interesting, wonder what would of happened if Sony was the one scoring a zero or 2.

Treefrog

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Driffield, UK
[QUOTE="gerrylum, post: 0]Interestingly I just read the article on CNN.com. They mention how poorly MS and Nintendo did, but there is no mention on how well Sony did, except a quick mention about Sony Ericsson.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/11/27/greenpeace.electronics.ap/index.html[/QUOTE]

Well you know the phrase that news reporting goes by, "Theres No Better News Then Bad News".

Sony have been manufacturing gadgets and gizmos for years so there up to scratch on these things. MS and Ninty being primarily software based, don't know depleted uranium from fields of daises, according to this at least.

Vulgotha

Power Member
Jan 6, 2007
This is very funny, although frankly I don't take Greenpeace seriously at all.... Even so, its funny that Nintendo completely (supposedly) failed the GP report.

Realistically speaking the only good thing Greenpeace is good for, is for Bruce Willis to hit golf balls at them in Armageddon.

Dec 16, 2006
[QUOTE="UCONN for life, post: 0]Eh, pollution is overrated. I handle toxic organic solvents and PVC and pretty much the worst chemicals you could expose yourself to excluding radiation. And I just ran a 4.75 mile race 1 minute and 20 seconds faster than I ran it last year. So, pollution isn't so so bad. If you are a smoker, than that is worse for you than living in the exclusion zone, bet you didn't know that! And I wouldn't live in the exclusion zone if you paid me! (The exclusion zone is a 30km zone surrounding the Chernobyl power plant) People like to whine about pollution, but we could solve a lot of problems by getting rid of smoking and capping drug lords, than worring about the lead released by a few game factories. Cigarette and marijuana smoke contains 50 toxins which easily destroy lungs. BTW, potheads that think marijuana smoke is safe, sry. delta-9-tetrahydrocannibol, is carcinogenic, and marijuana smoke is equivalent to tobacco smoke in terms of toxicity. Drugs are society's biggest toxin, not chemicals. The only reason why drugs aren't seen as bad is because a bunch of ghetto people like to sell and use drugs, its much easier to blame something that a faceless empire makes, than a drug your son abuses every night. Yea, I went there. That said, mercury in the water supply is a VERY serious problem, and one we need to solve fast.[/quote]

I dont think they are talking about pollution in the sense of health risk, but pullution in the sense of like global warming, hurting the environment.... things like that...

Renzoblade

Superior Member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="illusionstj, post: 0]They should make a Wii game where all you do is pick up trash on the ground and ecycle, maybe that'll up their score.[/quote]

Lollllllllllllllllll co-sign this, be a best seller.