GT5 - even the police cant get enough!

MR_T

Forum Elder
Oct 20, 2007
funny little story, just had a police officer round to take a statement in regards to a woman that T-boned me on my bicycle. Planned on getting the living room nice and tidy before he came but I left work late and he turned up early so my GT5 rig was still set up.

He'd already asked me what i was playing and seemed to be into games himself, so when I'd finished with my statement he said he couldnt leave until id fired up GT5 lol! he didnt fancy jumping in the hot seat so showed him around photo mode then took an audi R8 for a lap around the ring. Its good see even the police are actually just normal people underneath.

p.s. he was on his way home after my house so dont be ranting about wasting tax payers money etc

Arkano6

Elite Guru
May 27, 2008
Southampton
[QUOTE="MR_T, post: 5305166]p.s. he was on his way home after my house so dont be ranting about wasting tax payers money etc[/QUOTE]

As long as no one here reads the Daily Mail, we should be alright! :lol:.

Great story though :).

MR_T

Forum Elder
Oct 20, 2007
[QUOTE="Juntao52, post: 5305171]You ride a bicycle lols

Just kidding, cool story bro.[/QUOTE]

riding 1 seems to be the easiest way to get from A to B, i tried carrying it once but it was a bit counterintuitive

CrazyShady

Superior Member
Dec 16, 2008
Toronto
[QUOTE="MR_T, post: 5305176]riding 1 seems to be the easiest way to get from A to B, i tried carrying it once but it was a bit counterintuitive[/QUOTE]

ya i did the same with my car... its pretty tough dragging a car down the street

MR_T

Forum Elder
Oct 20, 2007
[QUOTE="tremblingwater, post: 5305238]What country are you in? I dont see this happening in the UK, well, im in London, so i dont see this happening in London.[/QUOTE]
currently living in west midlands, tbf i was in london a couple of weeks back it felt like i was in another country lol!

MR_T

Forum Elder
Oct 20, 2007
[QUOTE="keefy, post: 5305258]I wonder what is on his Christmas list.[/QUOTE]

rock band 3 and black ops apparently

Smiler

Superior Member
Sep 10, 2007
location, location
[QUOTE="Arkano6, post: 5305170]As long as no one here reads the Daily Mail, we should be alright! :lol:.

Great story though :).[/QUOTE]

If anyone does they probably think coppers cause cancer.

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
Funny irony in this. I got a speeding ticket because I thought I could see two clipping points on one of the corners on a city street, and so naturally, I just had to visualize a driving line and this other ******* in front of me was doing 30 or 40km/h in a 50 zone, so I did 71 in that 50 zone. I was followed by an undercover black Camaro too..Nearly shat my pants when I saw the lights go on.:lol:

Also, question for F3AR since you said you are a cop. I wanna take my car out for a test drive in an empty parking lot, you know, where business trucks ship off goods. But I know their operating days and day-offs. So, I just wanted to take someone with me to record a video of my car doing donuts and such. So, let's say a cop is around and sees that, will I get a ticket for careless driving? I would go on the track because I have one close-by. But the price is like an arm and a leg. I figured a parking lot would ok to do some ricer stuff?

Last edited:

F34R

Legend
Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="DreDayDetox, post: 5306358]Funny irony in this. I got a speeding ticket because I thought I could see two clipping points on one of the corners on a city street, and so naturally, I just had to visualize a driving line and this other ******* in front of me was doing 30 or 40km/h in a 50 zone, so I did 71 in that 50 zone. I was followed by an undercover black Camaro too..Nearly shat my pants when I saw the lights go on.:lol:

Also, question for F3AR since you said you are a cop. I wanna take my car out for a test drive in an empty parking lot, you know, where business trucks ship off goods. But I know their operating days and day-offs. So, I just wanted to take someone with me to record a video of my car doing donuts and such. So, let's say a cop is around and sees that, will I get a ticket for careless driving? I would go on the track because I have one close-by. But the price is like an arm and a leg. I figured a parking lot would ok to do some ricer stuff?[/QUOTE]
Your local laws may be different, but if you were in South Carolina, I'd tell you "no", you wouldn't get into trouble; probably. lol.
Let me clarify that. In SC, the Police don't enforce traffic laws, with the exception of Driving Under the Influence, and parking in a handicap zone. There are some places where we do have jurisdiction to write parking tickets for parking in a fire lane, etc., but as far as donuts go... no. Hell, you don't even need a drivers license to drive in a parking lot. It's private property. Where you could get into trouble though, a couple things; one, you run into an idiot cop that doesn't know what he's doing and charges you. No biggie, you can beat that in court. If he arrests you for something, more than likely you go to jail and then you sue the threads off his uniform for it. Secondly, the property owner could have you charged with destruction of property. Laying down rubber on pavement is actually something you can be charged with. The owner would incur costs to have the rubber removed, or the pavement resurfaced. So you kinda need to be extremely careful when going into a situation like that.

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5306417]Your local laws may be different, but if you were in South Carolina, I'd tell you "no", you wouldn't get into trouble; probably. lol.
Let me clarify that. In SC, the Police don't enforce traffic laws, with the exception of Driving Under the Influence, and parking in a handicap zone. There are some places where we do have jurisdiction to write parking tickets for parking in a fire lane, etc., but as far as donuts go... no. Hell, you don't even need a drivers license to drive in a parking lot. It's private property. Where you could get into trouble though, a couple things; one, you run into an idiot cop that doesn't know what he's doing and charges you. No biggie, you can beat that in court. If he arrests you for something, more than likely you go to jail and then you sue the threads off his uniform for it. Secondly, the property owner could have you charged with destruction of property. Laying down rubber on pavement is actually something you can be charged with. The owner would incur costs to have the rubber removed, or the pavement resurfaced. So you kinda need to be extremely careful when going into a situation like that.[/QUOTE]

ahhh, Ok..thank you very much for clarifying this up..I'll just do donuts in my underground parking..there are no cameras in that section and security doesn't ever go there...I asked because I wanted to make a thread in this section for people to take pics of their cars or make videos of them driving their cars, around anywhere just for fun, for a nod to the GT series..I actually am also fighting my speeding ticket in court..at first, I thought about pleading guilty because I felt bad for doing it, but then I find out it takes a few points off my license, plus insurance finds out..which scares me the most..the ticket isn't big, it's only $103, but I do not want insurance to know..

F34R

Legend
Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
Exactly what type of defense are you going for with the ticket?

I usually, in almost all my cases, help people out by reducing the ticket for them. 2 points isn't usually counted against someone unless they have some previous violations and have accrued other points prior to the ticket.

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
Just plead guilty its far easier and cheaper, if you go to court and loose you have to pay costs so that 103 may becom 303 and you have to inform insurance as well which hikes price up next year, if you do not and some arse crashes into you or you crash then they may say "void you didnt tell us you were a speed demon"

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5306458]Exactly what type of defense are you going for with the ticket?

I usually, in almost all my cases, help people out by reducing the ticket for them. 2 points isn't usually counted against someone unless they have some previous violations and have accrued other points prior to the ticket.[/QUOTE]

Only 2 points? Here in Canada they're very stuck up in the *** about their laws, so it's 3 demerit points. Stays on record for two years. I'm going with option 2 which is plead not guilty and which I have already done, now I'm waiting for a court date. I wouldn't mind the ticket or the points if insurance didn't find out, but they are gonna find out that way so I'm pleading not guilty. Besides, my mom has been in this situation before a few times, though she never went that high of a speed, and she said the worst that could happen is getting half a charge if the cop shows up. Oh and my defense? I doubt I have a good one but the guy in front me was going under the speed limit, so out of frustration, I changed lanes and sped up and before I could slow down to normal limit, I got caught. Funny thing is, there was another car behind me that cut me off and went faster than me, but I figured the cop got me cause my car is an older one. And he could have caught that other guy too as he was exiting into a movie theater parking lot. The cop who caught me was very young, looked like a college student. I dunno if that means anything about him showing up or not. But damn, that guy was a ninja, and I always look in my mirrors when I drive. He stopped me, asked me if I'm aware of the speed limit, I was aware, I told him what the limit was, and then he showed me how much I did on his scanner. Asked for ID etc and it went pretty fast. Wouldn't be my first time dealing with the police. First was in grade 6 for sexual harassment lol which I'm not proud of, that was pure peer pressure and 2nd was when I was a witness to a beating.

[QUOTE="keefy, post: 5306498]Just plead guilty its far easier and cheaper, if you go to court and loose you have to pay costs so that 103 may becom 303 and you have to inform insurance as well which hikes price up next year, if you do not and some arse crashes into you or you crash then they may say "void you didnt tell us you were a speed demon"[/QUOTE]

Well the insurance is on my parents' names, apparently it's cheaper that way for young drivers here. I just went with option 2 because I really don't need a lawyer for this as it's my first offense ever. So here's to hoping the cop doesn't show up. And my mom was in an accident which was her fault and the other person's fault as well. So imagine her insurance rising with my offense on record..that's a few thousand more per year. I'll take my chances in court. If it raises my ticket, fine, I'll live with that. But way better than paying over $700 or more per month. That's almost worth an apartment monthly cost in a ****ty area lol.

Last edited:

F34R

Legend
Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="DreDayDetox, post: 5306646]Only 2 points? Here in Canada they're very stuck up in the *** about their laws, so it's 3 demerit points. Stays on record for two years. I'm going with option 2 which is plead not guilty and which I have already done, now I'm waiting for a court date. I wouldn't mind the ticket or the points if insurance didn't find out, but they are gonna find out that way so I'm pleading not guilty. Besides, my mom has been in this situation before a few times, though she never went that high of a speed, and she said the worst that could happen is getting half a charge if the cop shows up. Oh and my defense? I doubt I have a good one but the guy in front me was going under the speed limit, so out of frustration, I changed lanes and sped up and before I could slow down to normal limit, I got caught. Funny thing is, there was another car behind me that cut me off and went faster than me, but I figured the cop got me cause my car is an older one. And he could have caught that other guy too as he was exiting into a movie theater parking lot.

Well the insurance is on my parents' names, apparently it's cheaper that way for young drivers here. I just went with option 2 because I really don't need a lawyer for this as it's my first offense ever. So here's to hoping the cop doesn't show up. And my mom was in an accident which was her fault and the other person's fault as well. So imagine her insurance rising with my offense on record..that's a few thousand more per year. I'll take my chances in court. If it raises my ticket, fine, I'll live with that. But way better than paying over $700 or more per month. That's almost worth an apartment monthly cost in a ****ty area lol.[/QUOTE]
Here, going that fast would be a four point violation. If you came to court, plead guilty, the fine and points would be reduced in half. If you plead not guilty, the charge stands, and if you're found guilty, you won't be able to get any reduction in the fine or points.

I've not heard of anyone's insurance rising a couple thousand more a year over a speeding ticket, regardless of the point value. Unless of course, you already have outrages rates do to other violations, credit, etc. I received a ticket a few years back, and it raised my rates by like $15 a month for two years. It was a four pointer too... hehe

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5306661]Here, going that fast would be a four point violation. If you came to court, plead guilty, the fine and points would be reduced in half. If you plead not guilty, the charge stands, and if you're found guilty, you won't be able to get any reduction in the fine or points.

I've not heard of anyone's insurance rising a couple thousand more a year over a speeding ticket, regardless of the point value. Unless of course, you already have outrages rates do to other violations, credit, etc. I received a ticket a few years back, and it raised my rates by like $15 a month for two years. It was a four pointer too... hehe[/QUOTE]

That's what I've heard from people who have battled these things. They still got charged, but they almost never had it on record. And I'm assuming they'll go easy on because it's my first ever offense? So a slap on the wrist?

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
Maybe its different in USA but here You still have to inform insurance if you do not and if you get into an accident (which I think you will) you might as well not have insurance becasue they can say Eff off.

1 thing I would like to know, is it the law to have insurance in USA, I see programs on TV (yes I know) which suggests its not a legal requirement and only optional.

Insurance for young people is extortionate in the UK too my folks wouldnt put me on their insurance so had to do it myself which was better in the long run becasue by the age of 21 I had built up no claims discounts however thesedays many companies offer no claims discounts if using parents insurance.

Last edited: