GTA IV displaying in black and white

Jan 16, 2008
For some reason, on my admittedly quite old TV, (non HD), GTAIV through my scart connection displays in black and white only. All other games on the PS3 work fine in colour, as well as the XMB. (Well, I tested Haze and that was fine, Resistance didn't give me much of a clue either way ;-)). Any ideas why it might be doing this and how to fix it? GTAIV's display options in game are somewhat limited. Just wondering if anyone else had seen this or had any ideas about how I might fix it?

Cheers

higrob24

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2006
[QUOTE="deanosrs, post: 0]For some reason, on my admittedly quite old TV, (non HD), GTAIV through my scart connection displays in black and white only. All other games on the PS3 work fine in colour, as well as the XMB. (Well, I tested Haze and that was fine, Resistance didn't give me much of a clue either way ;-)). Any ideas why it might be doing this and how to fix it? GTAIV's display options in game are somewhat limited. Just wondering if anyone else had seen this or had any ideas about how I might fix it?

Cheers[/quote]

It sounds like you are playing a NTSC version on a PAL TV. That or It needs a TV capable of 60hz and yours only does 50hz

king87

Apprentice
May 29, 2008
this happened to me.you probably got a nstc version wich displays at 60hz and your old tv only displays on 50hz.either you buy a new tv or go to where you bought it and either exchange for a pal version or return and buy somewhere else.assuming you bought it in the uk and and you werent told anything in the store that you were buying an ntsc version its their responsabily.i just went back to the store and returned it,they dindt even tried to argue,they knew they messed up