GTA IV Vice magazine rant.

Lozt_again

Master Poster
May 9, 2006
soundcloud.com
Well, just thought I'd share Vice's little article on the coming release of GTA IV.

I was originally going to type out the whole thing, or maybe use character recognition,
but was finally so lazy you can have scans of the text. The mag is free in the UK
so I can't see how it matters putting these scans up. Rules this rules that. I tried at
least to block out a swear word. Maybe I'm just too lazy.

The article was originally called:

There's a storm coming -
And its name is Grand Theft Auto IV

Anyhow, what do you guys think on the topic. It's one of those endless battles.

Personally, I like to think that people forget how much people suck in the first place
and the violence has been going on for long before video games. I don't have any
evidence to suggest that it has though. Maybe we all used to just get along? Who
knows?

scribbler

Apprentice
Apr 21, 2007
"You can shoot innocent people. Sometimes this will be by accident, but more often than not is will be on purpose to see what happens and if any blood comes out. And to see if that blood stays on the floor. And how long after. And if it's still there tomorrow."

Had me cracking up.

Lozt_again

Master Poster
May 9, 2006
soundcloud.com
lol

There's drink-driving in it, which, thanks to recent advances in game physics, allows you to drive cars while realistically swaying and suffering the effects of drinking four strong in-game lagers.
Also, the bit about stealing Ford Fiestas is classic.

Their comments on Niko's background are well funny too. Especially about boarding
up the English channel.

L

leukoplast

haha, great read there. And its so true. I just hope I can get my copy before the game goes up on the FDA's most illegal substance to own list.

In fact, all the negative feedback on the game makes me want it even more. Nothing is sweeter than the taste of free-speech. And owning the game is like having a whole boat load of sickly sweet, free-speech.

Meth

Dedicated Member
Apr 15, 2006
Its funny but true as well. The more controversial GTA4 is the more copies its going to sell.

MrG

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2007
Everyone get this game within about a week of release or we could have another Hitman 2 situation, before some media appointed 'critic' has found the nerve to close his eyes and play through the game to write a list of complaints. I can't see Rockstar just rolling over to the pressure and recalling, they seem to love the attention, but something seems different about this game...

Whatever happens, I've had mine Pre-ordered for about a month so hopefully that'll give me enough time to play through it, shoot an old woman out of the window of the car I just hijacked and blame it all on GTA IV before media attention dies down. I hope some of you will join me.

(Only kidding, I should just make that clear)

Graham

like.no.other
Dec 3, 2005
If the mag is free the scans can stay.

As for all this drink driving being in the game, I think people are jumping to conclusions. There is drinking in the game, yes. There is driving in the game, yes. Can you drink, and then drive in the game? Yes, but that doesn't mean there is drink driving forced upon you. Like life in general, it's a choice. In reality, I choose not to drink and drive because it would be stupid of me, putting my life and others in danger. However, in GTAIV, the first time I get drunk in the game, I'm going to nab a car and have a laugh. That's just part of being normal - knowing what is right and wrong, and what the consequences are depending on the situation. Meh, whatever, I'm getting this regardless and anything the media blows out of proportion is purely for attention.

Lozt_again

Master Poster
May 9, 2006
soundcloud.com
[QUOTE="Graham, post: 0]If the mag is free the scans can stay.

As for all this drink driving being in the game, I think people are jumping to conclusions. There is drinking in the game, yes. There is driving in the game, yes. Can you drink, and then drive in the game? Yes, but that doesn't mean there is drink driving forced upon you. Like life in general, it's a choice. In reality, I choose not to drink and drive because it would be stupid of me, putting my life and others in danger. However, in GTAIV, the first time I get drunk in the game, I'm going to nab a car and have a laugh. That's just part of being normal - knowing what is right and wrong, and what the consequences are depending on the situation. Meh, whatever, I'm getting this regardless and anything the media blows out of proportion is purely for attention.[/QUOTE]

Good stuff. It's definitely free. I can scan the free bit and post it yes? lol

Jan 17, 2006
Newmarket, Toronto, Ontario
Hmm, an ad saying America's Top hooker? Now that's funny.
I wonder what will be the description?
Hair: Black Blond, Name: Liberty Hilton, Age: 21, Sex: Every 12 hours, Salary categories: Quick and Dirty- $30, Fast and Furious- $50, Your *censored* after tomorrow - $35.

Admartian

Wibbly Wobbly
Nov 28, 2006
New Zealand
So who did everyone blame when Hitler was around? What about when Stalin was killing everyone? Jack the Ripper? Genghis Khan? John Wilkes Boothe? Napoleon? The Aztecs? The Spanish Conquistadores? etc etc...

Who did they blame?

My point is, violence always, is, and always will be part of human nature, and has shaped and will continue to shape our history. No amount of external factors, can significantly affect that.