Gundam Wing beta surprise announcement (JPN)

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
Earlier today, a beta client for the Gundam Battle Operation NEXT game dropped on Japan's PSN for PS3 and the PS4! The beta will be open until May 3rd, so for those of you with a Japanese account, jump on it!
[video]https://youtu.be/fHhyC8M5cgU[/video]

VayMasters86

Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2007
So far they've all been pretty cheap.

I would love for one to be made with an original story, with original/custom characters, mobile suit/gundam customization from the ground up, with co-op, but that will likely never happen since it seems to be profitable skinning other games with the Gundam theme.

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Well a Gundam PS4 game got announced in a Sony related conference around a year back. This is that game similar to Mobile Suit Gundam that first released when the PS3 came out.

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
[QUOTE="VayMasters86, post: 6442394]So far they've all been pretty cheap.

I would love for one to be made with an original story, with original/custom characters, mobile suit/gundam customization from the ground up, with co-op, but that will likely never happen since it seems to be profitable skinning other games with the Gundam theme.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, back when I first got into Gundam Wing back in the late 90s, I dreamed about a video game where you could build out and customize your own Gundam, fight other Gundams online, and perhaps a horde mode where you could really showcase your Gundam's power against a large number of weaker enemies, cutting them in half with your beam saber, or vaporizing a bunch with your beam cannon.

But it's been 15 years and there still hasn't been anything like that. Even these Dynasty Warriors Gundam games, where you get to fight a ton of weaker enemies, you still have to hit them a bunch of times to kill them, making you feel weak.

The Armored Core games honestly came closer to my wish for an online game with highly customizable mechs.