halo reach advertisment

bfd_josh

Urban Ethnic
Jun 26, 2008
Turtle walk HQ
www.theturtlewalk.com
does anybody know how much was spent? no matter what channel im on i see a halo reach advert every advert break, every magazine i look in theres a halo reach advert, in nuts a pull out advert, i saw a halo advert that lasted 6mins, i mean must of been some serious £ behind all this, but ms surly do know how to advertise, this is what sony should be doing with gt5 to annihate sales

Wasib

Super Elite
Feb 2, 2007
Best thing Microsoft do. They spend a lot on marketing - pushing the product hard. Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto were other examples - they seem to get exclusive marketing rights to the big AAA games often. It helps get customers and perhaps more importantly mind-share.

PsychoMantis

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
Nov 20, 2005
This isn't surprising I also noticed this I wanted to play Halo: Reach but didn't have a 360. All that changed yesterday when I bought one and also got Halo: Reach. The commercial didn't have me saying "im going to get a 360 and buy that" because I had that mindset from the get go. They do, in my opinion, overhype it a little too much but the game is so popular they want everybody and their mom playing it.

W

Windex

May 23, 2005
Talk about it. Any online video even remotely tied to videogames i open on youtube kicks off with the reach ad. Its getting really annoying and i end up refreshing the page to skip it. These guys have really gone to town with Reach.

W

Windex

[QUOTE="Dasimpse, post: 5193720]No not apart of it. That's them trying to stop people going to gamespot etc for the exclusive armour stuff[/QUOTE]

i am pretty sure MS made deal with distributors to do that 20 dollar deal.