Has the PS5 price just been leaked

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
WARNING! Take everything you read below with a pinch of salt until confirmed by Sony

So IronmanPS5 on Twitter has posted what the price of the PS5s being launched in the Holiday season this year. In a series of tweets he posted the prices of the console (in both disk, and non-disk versions) as well as the price for a number of the accessories. While this account has got things about the PS5 right in the past, it should be noted that it's also got some things wrong -

So what would do you think of the price points if they are as posted below?

Console (with disk slot): RRP $499, £449
Console (digital): RRP $399, £349

DualSense Controller: $59.99, £54.99
Camera: $59.99, £54.99
Headset: $159, £129
Remote: $29.99, £24.99 (seriously...who uses these!!)
Vertical Stand: $24.99, 16.99

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
A digital version of the PS5 for £349 (UK) is a pretty good price in my view. I think he disk version is too much. Accessories are about where I'd expect them to be, so no surprised there.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Digital seems nicely priced. Disk one is overpriced imho - could be being used to subsidise some of the cost(loss) of digital one.

Seen some outlets make note of the size of the ssd. Not too fussed about the size of the ssd personally. Fiber in our part of the world is coming up on 'done' in a few years that they're starting to look for places to trial 10Gb; takes like 15mins to get 100GB done.

What's the camera for tho?

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
Nah, I don't care about disks to be honest. I'm more concerned that the SSD is so small. The very first upgrade anyone will need to do is to the SSD, which means you'll then be putting some games on the SSD that doesn't have Sony's new innovative storage system.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
Nah, I don't care about disks to be honest. I'm more concerned that the SSD is so small. The very first upgrade anyone will need to do is to the SSD, which means you'll then be putting some games on the SSD that doesn't have Sony's new innovative storage system.
I don't care all THAT much about disc version of games but certain titles I'll want on disc like FF7R.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
I think these prices (for the consoles) are quite good, I would be ok with that. I still don't know what version I want. If the only thing that differs between them is the disc drive and BC is only going to be for PS4, then I'm tempted to go for the digital version. I only have a few games on disc for the PS4 and as far as we know now it's only going to be BC with PS4 games.

The only accessories I'm interested in is the headset and the vertical stand. And the price for the headset is a little bit higher than I would like it to be. Maybe it's going to be a really good headset, it has to be really good to justify that price tag, imo.

Other than that the prices of the accessories seems to be on par with the PS4 generation.

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
IAnd the price for the headset is a little bit higher than I would like it to be. Maybe it's going to be a really good headset, it has to be really good to justify that price tag, imo.
Maybe it can take more advantage of their new audio stuff

TGO

Ancient
Feb 26, 2006
purgatory
Price is pretty much what I expected
There is still a lot of information we don't yet
And I'm still convinced there is more to BC then we know.