Hate to say it, but I'm not that into Christmas anymore

Versus

Dedicated Member
Mar 6, 2007
Texas
I know this may sound abit crazy to some, but as recent years have gone on, I'm not crazy about Christmas anymore for a few personal reasons.

1. I don't like how Thanksgiving is just completely looked over. My friend said it may be because it's at the tail end of November. But also pretty much at the beginning of November people are already looking over Thanksgiving and talking about Christmas.

2. Black Friday. This day is just ridiculous. It's a day where store employees and shoppers make an ass of themselves.

3. I'm fed up with Christmas music. I hate all the different remixed of the same songs every years. And malls and stores play it OVER AND OVER and it's really cheesy. And if you have to work in these places, it's even worse. Ugh!

4. I know a lot will disagree with me here and that's totally ok, but I personally don't like the nasty weather. I prefer more normal and balanced weather of Spring. Snow is pretty and all, but I don't like dealing with how much damage it can do to communities. And then frost gets on my car, and the cold is just UGH!.

5. To elaborate on a previous point, if you work in retail, things get alot crazier depending on where you work. Now the up side is that alot of places love to give out pay bonuses, but to GET THERE you have to put up with alot of busy BS before you reach the nice paycheck summit >< Like for example: store having to keep up with the new overload in merchandise and where to put it. (and for two years now I have worked in places that were totally overstocked and it's hell).

6. Now this really is just my personal experience here, but I personally have not had a great Christmas since probably I was a little kid. Now this is probably true for alot of people because when your a kid you buy into Santa/presents etc alot more, but my past few Christmas years have not been jolly. I personally don't have a perfect little family to cuddle around and smile around. But I guess anyday can be Christmas and I don't JUST have to rely on this day.

Just my thoughts on the season here. I prefer the beautiful Spring time more. What you all think about Christmas? :cool:

Last edited:
May 5, 2011
USA
It's easy to forget what Christmas is really about.

For Christians like me, it's celebrating the birth of Christ and giving love and presents to everyone.

Even if you aren't a believer in Christ, there's still love and the presents. It really sounds like you don't get to spend a lot of time with your family and that's partly what christmas should be about.

Mar 9, 2007
Blighttown
I hated christmas before it was cool :p
But seriously, the music, the "present hunting", the charityshows... it's just getting on my nerves.

I'm also not the biggest fan of jesus so... i just drink mulled wine and tell kids that santa isn't real ;)

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
I love Christmas because it's simply the best time of the year. The weather is amazing, people are more cheery, and I get presents!

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
[QUOTE="mickice, post: 5724542]We don't have thanks giving and hardly anyone gives a rats about Halloween so from November onwards it's Christmas excitement time :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Christmas is all we have! The other holidays are pretty much non-existent here.

I do really hate the music though Y__Y and working in Retail isn't so bad for me... yet :p

spyrde

Master Guru
Feb 18, 2009
Finland
Christmas was amazing as a kid. I never slept the day before Christmas cause I knew there was a huge ass pile of presents waiting for me the next day.

podsaurus

El Presidente
Jul 2, 2008
in a box
Well I only get to see a lot of my 'family' around this time. I don't feel close to them honestly. They get here, eat, open presents then leave. I really don't see them during the summer or anything. I still manage to enjoy this time of year though. I only get into it when december comes. I enjoy thanksgiving for what it is then xmas.

mickice

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 8, 2006
Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
[QUOTE="spyrde, post: 5724573]Christmas was amazing as a kid. I never slept the day before Christmas cause I knew there was a huge ass pile of presents waiting for me the next day.[/QUOTE]

The night before Christmas used to feel a year long as a kid xD now that I have most of the cool gadgets I can entertain myself more easily and watch the time fly or even sleep :p

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
I used to love xmas as a kid. Then I got older and realised that the "season to be merry" is really nothing more than an animalistic consumer feeding frenzy. It is often a time when domestic violence, depression, loneliness and other issues arise for people. It is stressful for many who spend well beyond their means under the pressure to give gifts.

As far as any kind of religious observance goes, it's as much a farse as easter. Just another ancient pagan festival with Christian words taped onto it to give the impression that it has something to do with Christianity (when really it has no foundation in the religion and is condemned by the God of the Bible). Jesus wasn't even born in December, but anyway...lol I get holiday from work so I guess that's something to celebrate. Otherwise just another day to me, like any other.

Mael Duin

Elite Sage
Sep 12, 2005
I like christmas when I just ignore the material stuff of it. The lights, holiday, meeting the family, seeing little kids opening their presents, good food etc.

Kwes

Unbound Mercenary
Mar 30, 2009
:shock:

Not like Christmas!?

Its my favorite holiday of the year. But I do agree, Thanksgiving is completely ignored, and should not be. Its also one of my favorites.

The older I get, the more I loathe the holiday. It definitely lacks the excitement that it held when I was a small child. I like for my children to be happy, so I endure the holidays for them and them alone. If I did not have children I would have given Christmas the middle finger years ago. My kids are reasonable with their gift requests like I raised them to be....but my relatives kids...little monsters. Am I the only one that finds it blatantly rude to get requests for insanely expensive products from people outside of your household? Maybe I'm just old school....but kids are getting worse and worse, and more ungrateful by the minute.

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
Your not alone. Fuck Christmas.

I think i started disliking it a few years ago, i just count down the days till it's over and then the days until New Years Eve. To me, NYE, is Xmas.

May 20, 2008
wow! Some of you are just bitter. Being in the military, iv'e learned not to take things for granted. Try spending multiple Christmases (and other holidays) in another country away from family and you will definitely appreciate it more.

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
[QUOTE="Versus, post: 5724533]I know this may sound abit crazy to some, but as recent years have gone on, I'm not crazy about Christmas anymore for a few personal reasons. 1. I don't like how Thanksgiving is just completely looked over. My friend said it may be because it's at the tail end of November. But also pretty much at the beginning of November people are already looking over Thanksgiving and talking about Christmas.[/QUOTE]I stopped caring about the holiday season since High School. I don't even celebrate Thanksgiving nor Christmas on the designated days. I may do it a day later or whenever I have time.
Versus said:
2. Black Friday. This day is just ridiculous. It's a day where store employees and shoppers make an ass of themselves.
I love Black Fridays because of the deals but yeah, that's why I shop online instead.
Versus said:
3. I'm fed up with Christmas music. I hate all the different remixed of the same songs every years. And malls and stores play it OVER AND OVER and it's really cheesy. And if you have to work in these places, it's even worse. Ugh!
I love Christmas music.. Well some of it.
Versus said:
4. I know a lot will disagree with me here and that's totally ok, but I personally don't like the nasty weather. I prefer more normal and balanced weather of Spring. Snow is pretty and all, but I don't like dealing with how much damage it can do to communities. And then frost gets on my car, and the cold is just UGH!.
I'm completely opposite. I prefer the cold weather over the hot summer temperatures.
Versus said:
6. Now this really is just my personal experience here, but I personally have not had a great Christmas since probably I was a little kid. Now this is probably true for alot of people because when your a kid you buy into Santa/presents etc alot more, but my past few Christmas years have not been jolly. I personally don't have a perfect little family to cuddle around and smile around. But I guess anyday can be Christmas and I don't JUST have to rely on this day.
You don't have to and it's not wrong to not celebrate Christmas. Like I said above, I don't celebrate it either.

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
Christmas music definitely sucks ass, though. I hate hearing the same shit every year. The same goes for those damn reruns on television. I don't want to watch the Grinch be a douchebag for the fifteenth time.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2006
Christmas is awesome, the music(old school one not the hipster shit), the food, family. I like it.

[QUOTE="Beast of Bourbon, post: 5724554]I hated christmas before it was cool :p
But seriously, the music, the "present hunting", the charityshows... it's just getting on my nerves.

I'm also not the biggest fan of jesus so... i just drink mulled wine and tell kids that santa isn't real ;)[/QUOTE]

:lol:
[video=youtube_share;E6Co5jrvbio]http://youtu.be/E6Co5jrvbio[/video]

Acid Snake

Super Elite
Sep 7, 2008
I got over Christmas a long time ago. To the point where I don't care about getting or giving gifts. It's really just another day to me at this point.

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
The only thing I like about Christmas is Christmas money you get to buy videogames, blu-ray movies and ski passes lol. Oh and I love winter over summer.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
I don't have much of a family or a lot of friends so Christmas just feels like any other day.

May 5, 2011
USA
[QUOTE="Ghost-Rhayne, post: 5724607]
As far as any kind of religious observance goes, it's as much a farse as easter. Just another ancient pagan festival with Christian words taped onto it to give the impression that it has something to do with Christianity (when really it has no foundation in the religion and is condemned by the God of the Bible). Jesus wasn't even born in December, but anyway...lol I get holiday from work so I guess that's something to celebrate. Otherwise just another day to me, like any other.[/QUOTE]

Can you tell me the scriptures in which God condemns it? Also, can you give me your support that it has no foundation in christianity?

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
give it about 5 to 6 years and you will be whistling a different tune. I wasn't that into christmas at all from 20 to 28. I love Christmas now, but that's probably because of kids also. either way, I like the holiday music and the atmosphere it gives.

Dec 23, 2010
[QUOTE="The Black Wolf, post: 5724546]It's easy to forget what Christmas is really about.

For Christians like me, it's celebrating the birth of Christ and giving love and presents to everyone.

[/QUOTE]

For people who aren't like you, Christmas is a pagan holiday that Christians rebranded as their own in order to make it easier to coerce people into conversion. Jesus wasn't born on Christmas, and Christmas really never had anything to do with Christ.

Yule logs, Yule singing (caroling) christmas trees, giving presents, music, Christmas Cards, etc.... all Pagan in origin.

So remember what December 25th is really all about, and have a happy Dies Natalis Solis Invicti .

R_Mac_1

Forum Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Corpus Christi, TX
I like it. I have two kids (4 and 5) so seeing them get excited and happy is really a great feeling. My wife and I don't spend a bunch on presents for them either because they get so much stuff from the grandparents/aunts/uncles/etc. I also enjoy getting a few gifts, even though it's not much but it's nice.

I don't much care for the music and am certainly not religious at all, but I don't let it ruin the time with family, gifts, good food, etc.

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
I'm not liking the Christmas time much anymore. It doesn't even seem like the holidays, yet Christmas is right around the corner. Also, Christmas is supposed to be about the Birth of Christ, not a fat drunk in red who gives us anything we want. Besides, I've been grounded the last two Christmas breaks, so I could care less about the holiday now besides the fact that I spend time with family.