Have You Ever Cried From A Movie/book

saleenf5

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2007
well just wondering if anyone has, if so what movie or book? i got really close with where the red fern grows and the movie pearl harbor

Behemoko

Elite Sage
Nov 14, 2006
Minnesota
Well, yes I have. For starters, I can't name any that made me cry at the moment, but I have read some books that made me depressed they had such sad endings.. I re-read one of them just last week.

(I know that you made this because of the "bad things about super-realistic games" thread, lol.)

Behemoko

Elite Sage
Nov 14, 2006
Minnesota
Want a really sad ending? Read The Amber Spyglass (it is the 3rd book in a series though, so.. lol) It is the book I was talking about in my first post, and it is probably the saddest ending I've ever read/seen, but it remains in my top 5 books of all time. (it is probably 1 or 2)

shcndw

Dedicated Member
Oct 29, 2006
I used to read that series. I began to read The Amber Spyglass but gave up because the book was rather large. I was only like 9 when i started reading the series, so i can't completely remember them.

I did start crying while watching Passion of Christ and Titanic (cried for Titanic when i was a young fella though).

Behemoko

Elite Sage
Nov 14, 2006
Minnesota
^^ I suggest you re-read them now, When I first read them, it took me a while also, but the re-read took just over a week for the first three. (obviously not reading like 10 hours a day, lol.)

Dec 25, 2005
Man,I dont exactly remember how many times i've cried during movies! The most hard hitting movie, emotionally, to me was "The Namesake"....

Uncool

Power Member
Aug 27, 2006
Well after watching the notebook, I just had to shed a tear. Got to love romance stories when they have a dramatic finish.

Jan 29, 2007
I cried watching lion king when i was like 6, i wouldnt cry from any movie or book now unless it showed the death of someone i knew. Maybe if it was really sad though.

WonsAuto

Mar 12, 2007
www.myspace.com
[QUOTE="Uncool, post: 0]Well after watching the notebook, I just had to shed a tear. Got to love romance stories when they have a dramatic finish.[/quote]

Yea, that one got to me, too.

Sister: Are you crying?
Me: I'm not even watching the stupid movie. [does a bad job pretending to look at laptop, which has no programs running]

Dec 3, 2006
I've shed a couple of tears here and there. The Pursuit of Happyness was the last movie to do so. Also, some anime have also brought a few tears up as well, namely Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.

Never full out bawling though.

x_terna

Super Elite
Sep 24, 2006
L.A
I cried during the Green Mile...
Same here, wat a touching movie lol.

The Pursuit of Happyness was the last movie to do so
it had to be very hard for him huh?, struggle of life :(, but he eventually became a millionare, actually i saw something about the Real guy, back in high school 4 or 5 years ago.

Naxi

The Dawkness!
Sep 3, 2006
UK
www.last.fm
[QUOTE="softtack, post: 0]I've shed a couple of tears here and there. The Pursuit of Happyness was the last movie to do so. Also, some anime have also brought a few tears up as well, namely Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.

Never full out bawling though.[/quote]Yeah, Pursuit of Happyness was the last one to do that. The public bathroom scene got me and at the end you just couldn't help but feel joy. Will Smith did a great.

Uncool

Power Member
Aug 27, 2006
[QUOTE="WonsAuto, post: 0]Yea, that one got to me, too.

Sister: Are you crying?
Me: I'm not even watching the stupid movie. [does a bad job pretending to look at laptop, which has adult naughtiness programs running][/quote] There fixed.:shock: Lol, I have yet to see the Pursuit of Happiness but the general concensus seems really to favor this.

WonsAuto

Mar 12, 2007
www.myspace.com
[QUOTE="Uncool, post: 0]There fixed.:shock: Lol, I have yet to see the Pursuit of Happiness but the general concensus seems really to favor this.[/quote]

I'd have to be a pretty sick person to do that right in front of my sister. :shock:

Still funny, tho. :lol:

A

ajrobin

[QUOTE="Uncool, post: 0]Well after watching the notebook, I just had to shed a tear. Got to love romance stories when they have a dramatic finish.[/quote]

that was the main one for me too. never happened before i met my now wife though

Svetlana

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2005
England
I cried at the end of Pearl Harbour because of the loss of three hours of my life.

Seriously though, The Green Mile and Dancer in the Dark are two films that make me cry whenever I see them.

Only one book has ever made me cry (no, it isn't the Bible).

zetsurin

Super Elite
Jul 30, 2005
www.sekaisys.com
Absolutely! I always make sure my wife can't see though, and I put no this lumberjack manly voice saying 'are you crying again' to her when I see she's been crying as well (once my own tears dry that is) :)

Never cried from a book though, but that's probably because I don't have the patience to read anything longer than a Mr Men book!

Apr 1, 2007
Yes man i cry in almost any movey that actually has relevance to something important i dont know why i do it though i guess im just a sucker
Oh and yes i cried allot too when Mufa dies