HAZE: Mantel or Rebel?

Sep 5, 2006
So we've got some good details on what the Mantel and Rebel forces in Haze can do in multiplayer, so my question is which side will you favor? I'm sure we'll all try them both out, and ultimately make our decisions after getting comfortable with the game, but from the outside looking in, which seems more appealing?

Personally I like the Rebel faction. They seem a bit more dynamic and exciting, due to the fact that they wear no armor and don't have the advantage(and disadvantages) of using nectar. Their trickery and tactics seem interesting as well, with the nectar grenades/knives and of course playing dead. Their style of gameplay demands variety and alertness, and that sounds pretty appealing IMO.

Input is of course welcome!

Sep 5, 2006
[QUOTE="Pgsley, post: 0]i would like to play as both cause they bot offer completly differnt styles[/QUOTE]
Likewise, although I see myself leaning more towards the Rebels. Seem to offer more variety and suspense. Mantel looks fun too though, I bet tripping on Nectar will be hilarious at times.

Blu-Ray

Elite Sage
Jul 9, 2006
Although I am highly anticipating this game, can someone tell me what what the Mantel and Rebel forces are? Thank you.

Kaako

Believe in me!
May 31, 2006
Rebel >>>>>>>> Mantel
Screw nectar... playing dead reminds me of Team Fortress so yea, Rebel ftw! :twisted:

Blu-Ray

Elite Sage
Jul 9, 2006
Ok, I've made my decision. After reading the article in PSU about Mantel vs Rebel, I've rather be a rebel. Mantel are juiced with Nectar, and act so very dumb... while you can play dead with the Rebels. Mantel = Dumb and Strong. Rebel = Strong and Mediocre strength.

Gtek500

Dedicated Member
Oct 9, 2006
i usually like the bad guys but whos really bad im guess mantel if you end up fighting them so id say mantel plus they look awesome when they put their suits in over drive

Sep 5, 2006
Looks like my rebels are in the lead! I'm gonna have quite a militia going on by the time the game starts. Mantel punks watch your backs! :p

D

Dom102

Mantel all the way. I'm more of a "ME. SMASH. YOU!" type player than sneaking around. Plus you can use all your nectar abilities to scope danger and kill faster and more effeciently

deded

Elite Member
Dec 11, 2005
It's gonna be fun playing both, but my general sympathies go to the Rebels, not the evil Empire.

Jan 24, 2007
Rebels are sweet, who could say no to a leader that has a jacket made from his enemies skin? Although I'm interested to know about the story behind that, it screams Mantel propaganda, and I would not be surprised if its just been spun to get the troops riled up.
Of course if it is true, it would would be interesting to see how the Mantel troops literally see him through Nect-O-Vision seeing as technically he is wearing dead people;
A floating head? Some sort of basta*dized Ray-Man creation? Or naked? You decide.

Carl

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 26, 2006
IK like the rebels. Mainly because you have to be more tactical as a rebel, and cant just go in guns blazing or you will die. Whereas with the mantel troopers, just dose yourself p on some Nectar and you can walk in shooting the living **** out of everything

SO yeah i prefer the rebels

Apr 27, 2007
Mantel soldiers look cooler and they have the option to use nectar. I dont see how playing dead would be an advantage in multiplayer because you can just shoot people that are playing dead.

Blu-Ray

Elite Sage
Jul 9, 2006
But, how do you know if they are really dead or not? Do you just shoot everybody body you see, making you vulnerable?

Zoibie

Supreme Veteran
Jun 18, 2006
[QUOTE="PhoenixSlayer, post: 0]Mantel soldiers look cooler and they have the option to use nectar. I dont see how playing dead would be an advantage in multiplayer because you can just shoot people that are playing dead.[/QUOTE]

yes but you could just play dead if you know someone is coming round the corner then ambush them. "Suprise, where did he come from, oh no killing spree. "

TH3JOK3R003

Dedicated Member
May 18, 2007
I prefer the rebels because they are tactial. the part i like the most is when you play dead. Mantel is inject nectar and kill

deded

Elite Member
Dec 11, 2005
[QUOTE="Blu-Ray, post: 0]But, how do you know if they are really dead or not? Do you just shoot everybody body you see, making you vulnerable?[/quote]

The Mantel soldiers visor is designed to remove blood and gore from their vision, sanitising combat so their soldiers don't get traumatised, (just like in a video-game ;)).

This does offer PH rebels the chance to pretend to die in combat, (you can't just do it when you feel like it, you need to have taken a few hits just beforehand), which results in the rebel disappearing from the mantel guy's vision: you don't see dead bodies for more than a few seconds because they disappear.

That doesn't stop you from shooting wildly where you thought the body fell, but it doesn't mean you'll hit the guy.

Harrow

Master Poster
Nov 26, 2006
This game is like two games in one because of the different factions, and to get the most of the game I expect to play both pretty much equally. When they said the Mantel Troopers will view the battlefield as a sunny day in paradise with no blood or dead bodies, and the rebels will see the same battlefield as it is - Woahh! That was enough to make me want to play both sides evenly. I like both concepts, and I like both sets of abilities. It is a nice contrast.

TH3JOK3R003

Dedicated Member
May 18, 2007
[QUOTE="PhoenixSlayer, post: 0]Mantel soldiers look cooler and they have the option to use nectar. I dont see how playing dead would be an advantage in multiplayer because you can just shoot people that are playing dead.[/quote]
You don't find it entertaining to play dead, it's unique to find this kind of tactial move in a game

Travaughn

Elite Member
Sep 3, 2006
I'd rather be a Mantel soldier but I feel that even with their tech. the Rebels are still better equipped and are more clever, leading to their advantage. Rebels can play dead, set traps, make nectar grenades and knives and can make Mantel troops go crazy by slicing their nectar tubes.

Sep 5, 2006
[QUOTE="Major Ocelot, post: 0]Rebels are sweet, who could say no to a leader that has a jacket made from his enemies skin? Although I'm interested to know about the story behind that, it screams Mantel propaganda, and I would not be surprised if its just been spun to get the troops riled up.
Of course if it is true, it would would be interesting to see how the Mantel troops literally see him through Nect-O-Vision seeing as technically he is wearing dead people;
A floating head? Some sort of basta*dized Ray-Man creation? Or naked? You decide.[/quote]

Come again!?:shock:

Who's clothes are made from their enemies skin?

deded

Elite Member
Dec 11, 2005
The Promise Hand rebel leader is known as 'Skin-Coat' because he supposedly wears the skins of his victims...

...and for all those who think the rebels have better abilities, sure they may have plenty of options, but they'll need them against the all conquering, Nectar-enhanced Mantel troopers. FRD are currently balancing the teams to within an inch of their lives, so don't expect an easy run with either side.