HAZE: Mantel or Rebel?

Z

zeloe326

You guys are getting me amped for this game. By the way I wouldn't mind playing as both. Seams equally as fun.

Zoibie

Supreme Veteran
Jun 18, 2006
[QUOTE="Seeksjustice, post: 0]This game is like two games in one because of the different factions, and to get the most of the game I expect to play both pretty much equally. When they said the Mantel Troopers will view the battlefield as a sunny day in paradise with no blood or dead bodies, and the rebels will see the same battlefield as it is - Woahh! That was enough to make me want to play both sides evenly. I like both concepts, and I like both sets of abilities. It is a nice contrast.[/QUOTE]

Thats got me thinking, it really will be like two games because you will have different views on the multiplayer maps for each level.

Sep 5, 2006
[QUOTE="deded, post: 0]The Promise Hand rebel leader is known as 'Skin-Coat' because he supposedly wears the skins of his victims...

...and for all those who think the rebels have better abilities, sure they may have plenty of options, but they'll need them against the all conquering, Nectar-enhanced Mantel troopers. FRD are currently balancing the teams to within an inch of their lives, so don't expect an easy run with either side.[/QUOTE]
I don't necessarily think the rebels have better abilities, I just think it seems more challenging to play as them. I'd be willing to bet that Mantel's forces will take less damage due to that futuristic full-plate mail that they wear...Oh well, we're faster! :p

deded

Elite Member
Dec 11, 2005
[QUOTE="Zoibie, post: 0]Thats got me thinking, it really will be like two games because you will have different views on the multiplayer maps for each level.[/quote]

Each side is supposed to have different routes through MP maps as well, (PH rebels can access areas the Mantel guys can't), so the differences between each side extend to the level design as well as tactics and visuals. Two games in one indeed. 8)

Jan 17, 2006
Newmarket, Toronto, Ontario
Hmm, by their abilities, the Mantel and Rebels are almost like Chimera and Humans. But of course, Rebels can do much more than just run.

This also makes me wonder of Helgast and ISA will too have some special abilities or advantages. Making a game with two sides equal just does not cut it any more(unless it is a very realistic game).

Sep 5, 2006
[QUOTE="Terminator 101, post: 0]Hmm, by their abilities, the Mantel and Rebels are almost like Chimera and Humans. But of course, Rebels can do much more than just run.

This also makes me wonder of Helgast and ISA will too have some special abilities or advantages. Making a game with two sides equal just does not cut it any more(unless it is a very realistic game).[/QUOTE]
I'm in agreeance with that. I suppose in the case of KZ 2 though, this will be a good way for them to observe the results. If the reaction to Haze's different factions is good, then they might want to think of including something similar, whether it was originally planned or not.

B

borninshadow

Mantel Corp for life ;)

How can you pass up a chance to play a drugged up super soldier in a sweet suit of armor? That yellow and gray is rather fetching...

As for gameplay mechanics, I hadn't heard about these areas that only certain teams could access. Any links or anything?

-Aaron, has a bit of a stuffed nose

Jan 24, 2007
[QUOTE="Lord Arklon, post: 0]Come again!?:shock:

Who's clothes are made from their enemies skin?[/quote]

Lol, yep thats what Mantel are saying at least. That's why I'm wondering if they will be able to see him or not considering he is wearing dead people. :)

Sep 5, 2006
[QUOTE="Major Ocelot, post: 0]Lol, yep thats what Mantel are saying at least. That's why I'm wondering if they will be able to see him or not considering he is wearing dead people. :)[/QUOTE]
Interesting stuff to say the least...disturbing also comes to mind. I hope he can be unlocked as a multiplayer skin after beating the game or getting some sort of achievement.

One thing I loved about Timesplitters: Future Perfect was the plethora of characters and secrets to unlock. Monkey gun was awesome.

deded

Elite Member
Dec 11, 2005
[QUOTE="borninshadow, post: 0]
As for gameplay mechanics, I hadn't heard about these areas that only certain teams could access. Any links or anything?
[/quote]

See here:

The multiplayer modes have also been cunningly structured to accommodate different routes for the different factions; troopers and rebels. "Troopers are very offensive and powerful, but they're restricted to ground level movement mostly and have very specific weaknesses," said Derek, trying to soften the blow that we wouldn't be able to try the multiplayer.

"Rebels meanwhile are a lot less armoured, but have more powers and abilities. They can perform some advanced moves like rolls which allow them to move about on rooftops and use certain shortcuts in the multiplayer levels. There are almost two games here, each with its own gameplay and routes."

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=94739

That in itself is a great idea - it's effectively legal map-glitching for the rebels. ;)

Zoibie

Supreme Veteran
Jun 18, 2006
Wow, that sounds great. It sounds really promising for there to be some diverse and interesting locations. can't wait

deded

Elite Member
Dec 11, 2005
[QUOTE="Lord Arklon, post: 0]Nice find. At least there should be less complaints of rooftop glitchers and such then, right?[/quote]

Unless they're Mantel! Should be easy to spot 'em though. ;)

B

borninshadow

Ah thank you for enlightening me.

I still think the Mantel troopers interest me far more, though I'm sure I'll dabble in the rooftop hopping, knife throwing, trap laying underhanded tactics of the rebels =D

-Aaron, can't seem to post a reply...

Sep 5, 2006
[QUOTE="deded, post: 0]Unless they're Mantel! Should be easy to spot 'em though. ;)[/QUOTE]
LOL, it better be easy! I'd love to see on of them flailing around on a roof after a Nectar-trip, only to mount the chain gun and start mowing down all their allies.

I predict that this game will spawn some hilarious youtube videos! ;)

deded

Elite Member
Dec 11, 2005
[QUOTE="Lord Arklon, post: 0]I predict that this game will spawn some hilarious youtube videos! ;)[/quote]

Oh, wow, I never thought of that. 8)

Sep 5, 2006
[QUOTE="Tornfanboy, post: 0]I just can't wait to start nectar Knifing fools! Nectar grenades FTW!1111![/QUOTE]
That's what I'm anticipating. This game definitely seems like it will breed several different playstyles in the community.

I'm sure there will be some that will be "knifers", nectar-grandiers, acid-trippers, and then of course the staple run-n-gunners.

I hope I become adept at stabbing folks. I would love to pounce on unsuspecting Mantel troops from a rooftop with my knive. Skydive slashers ftw!

deded

Elite Member
Dec 11, 2005
Judging from some of the videos, the knife also seems to be an almost straight-kill weapon, like a short-range sniper rifle or shotgun, which is great since it will reward using the tricky knife with some great - and humiliating - kills. Silent too. 8)

Sep 5, 2006
[QUOTE="deded, post: 0]Judging from some of the videos, the knife also seems to be an almost straight-kill weapon, like a short-range sniper rifle or shotgun, which is great since it will reward using the tricky knife with some great - and humiliating - kills. Silent too. 8)[/QUOTE]
Hopefully there will be all sorts of title/medals or something to that effect after the games are over.

Whatever the official name will be, I have all intentions of being notorious with that nectar knife, lol.