HAZE not delayed according to Gamestop and Game

the jackle.2

Dedicated Member
Oct 31, 2006
Haze is delayed,Haze isnt delayed.which is it.I asked what is the release date for Haze in two Gamestops,Game and xtra vision.All assured me that Haze is indeed been released on Dec 14,the manager in Gamestop said that he is 100 percent sure that the release date is Dec 14.i saw all the reports floating around the net about it been delayed.One would think that the major game chains would have been informed by now.just my 2 cents

immortal

The Magnificent One
Nov 22, 2005
buttt... but...wait! If gamestop says its not delayed, then it must not be delayed!
When has anything gamestop said been true?

xEldraDx

Apprentice
Feb 17, 2007
i'd take the advice of a lot of the gaming communities (IGN is the last place I saw it) over gamestop employees/managers anyday... those people just don't do their homework

Seraphus Y

Forum Elder
Oct 18, 2006
Yeah, I would take a manager from a Gamestore more seriously than an official Ubisoft Press Release anyday.... :confused:

http://press.ubi.com/fullpost.php?id=20&story=294

007-08 games release schedule updated

Ubisoft today announced that Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Vegas 2 will be released during the fourth quarter of fiscal 2007-08. This release will capitalize on the success of the first episode. In addition, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction™, previously scheduled for release in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2007-08, will now form part of a stronger line-up for fiscal 2008-09. Lastly, Haze™ – which was due for release during the third quarter of fiscal 2007-08 – will now be launched in the fourth fiscal quarter. The targets previously announced by Ubisoft remain unchanged as they already took into account the possible impact of these delays as a preventive measure.

TH3 GAM3

The King Of Kings
Oct 1, 2007
I think its delay because we haven't seen alot of info about the game and that release date is pretty close.

Seraphus Y

Forum Elder
Oct 18, 2006
[QUOTE="Donmega88, post: 0]Do you still have this weeks newspaper from El Giganten? Looks like they have it for sale in their warehouses from tommorow.

http://www.elgiganten.dk/is-bin/INT...AQ&CatalogCategoryID=oFDD4QFHRuIAAAEWkRkxgFxn

It says release date 23 November.[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry, but how would that be possible if Ubisoft even confirmed that it has been delayed?

There's an official Press Release (check link in my previous post) about Haze moving to the next financial quarter, yet people prefer to believe webstores, store managers and eachother...

Ah well, for you I hope I'm wrong and Ubisoft is just teasing us, releasing the game tomorrow.

Treefrog

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Driffield, UK
In the latest edition of POM-UK, theres an 2 page advert for Haze that says Dec 16th.

I don't know what to believe, but if Ubisoft say its next quarter....then I'll have to believe them. I can wait. My first game ever bought from Ubi was awesome (Assassins Creed), so I hope my 2nd is just as great.

deded

Elite Member
Dec 11, 2005
[QUOTE="coolguy, post: 0]i wont listen to some guy that works in gamestop they know as much as we do lol...
when we get the phone call then the game will be in the store[/quote]

Correction: they know less than we do.

The Haze forum manager confirmed today that Haze is delayed until Q4 and that it has not gone gold, which we knew anyway, but it's confirmed confirmed confirmed.

Haze due Jan-Mar 08.

DoomHand

Apprentice
Oct 16, 2007
well im not saying it is or not, but ubi has nuthing to do with the making of HAZE. this is free radicals game. when free radical states a delay i will believe it. ither way, weather it is, or isn't. im getting it day 1. if it needs work, delay it. if not, gimmy gimmy.

Apr 27, 2007
Im more inclined to believe the people that publish the game as opposed to the people that sell it. Its really sucks that its been delayed, but if it means that it will be a better game then it has to be done (we dont want another unpolished game like Killzone again)

Jan 17, 2006
Newmarket, Toronto, Ontario
[QUOTE="coolguy, post: 0]i wont listen to some guy that works in gamestop they know as much as we do lol...[/QUOTE]
That is an insult to these forums. Don't ever say that again.

Anyway, if the game really gets delayed, then UT will replace it for me. I wanted to do it the other way, but it looks like I have no choice.

By the way, anyone bought this deal? http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/dept.asp?logon=&langid=EN&catid=24334

And if yes, is it at least a nice T-shirt?

Apr 13, 2007
deviantart.jdphotoworks.com
I'm with Seraphus Y...

Ubisoft won't put out a press release saying that the game has been pushed back to the Q4 and then allow it to be released before that.

On top of that, magazines go to print abotu 2 months in advance so of course the advert is still saying December. Last months PSM3 in the UK said that Army of Two was still due out in November and ran a feature review on it...it came out about a week after the announcement that AoT had been delayed...

Haze will be **** fine when it comes out, I trust "Dr Doak" and his crew to do a great job and bring back the Goldeneye/'splitters era...

See ya all online...

Sep 18, 2005
Well, I saw an interview on gametrailers that they put up yesterday where the head developer said it'd be available in November. I dunno how long it was between filming the interview and uploading it though. The plans may have changed in that time.

furby

Elite Guru
Sep 23, 2006
insomniacs.eamped.com
It would be in their best interests to delay the game. I actually think it was purposely done to avoid the game being overshadowed by all the games being release around Christmas. Very smart marketing if you ask me...

xEldraDx

Apprentice
Feb 17, 2007
[QUOTE="Terminator 101, post: 0]That is an insult to these forums. Don't ever say that again.

Anyway, if the game really gets delayed, then UT will replace it for me. I wanted to do it the other way, but it looks like I have no choice.

By the way, anyone bought this deal? http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/dept.asp?logon=&langid=EN&catid=24334

And if yes, is it at least a nice T-shirt?[/quote]

The deal is in-store only...

Nov 6, 2006
Hmm seems to be contradicting evidence on my end. I am in Canada. I just read through my local BB flyer and they still have Haze up for the weekly ads. According to their notice about last week's flyer's Haze was delayed. Let me see if I can find a date for it:

No release date but the pre order still states February 28th 2008. This is contradicting as seeing from the Financial reports of Ubisoft, they had delayed the game. Hmm interesting, I wonder who is right and who is wrong.
Anyways there is no telling what Free Radical will do. So far Haze could stay exclusive but on the other hand, they could just restart the 360/PC development because they probably already have the build done.

luis123

Apprentice
Apr 5, 2007
IDK theres too much contradicting evidence
I just called Gamestop and they said it comes out in Dec, but I dont think they know more than us
By the way I'm 100% Haze is exclusive I know Sony would not let this game slip like AC

Sep 17, 2007
Well on gamefly it says releases 3/31/08, but that doesn't really make sense anyways since a date hasn't been released. I really hope this game comes out in December it looks great

Nov 6, 2006
Well everyone, the date for Haze release has pasted and no one has a copy. I went to the store and even asked around, the game is DELAYED. Unless the pushed the game all the way back to December, we probably wont see the game this year.

Xelios

Elite Sage
Apr 15, 2007
[QUOTE="danman227460, post: 0]Well everyone, the date for Haze release has pasted and no one has a copy. I went to the store and even asked around, the game is DELAYED. Unless the pushed the game all the way back to December, we probably wont see the game this year.[/quote]
Huh? Wasn't it for December 14th? I could have sworn thats what was claimed for the launch date.