HDMI (kinda) question/problem

cruzader

Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2006
My problem is that my PS3 is set to use the HDMI cable for output, but my PS3 is no longer hooked up through HDMI(now using component on a different TV). Well, I can't change the output settings using the PS3 menus mainly because I can't see it! Is there any way I can have the PS3 auto-detect the component cable and send signals over that? Or do I have to reconnect my ps3 to the HDMI capable TV (which I can't do for the next few days) then change the settings?

cruzader

Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2006
[QUOTE="Bronx666, post: 0]Press and hold the ps button when you first start your ps3, that should work.[/quote]

So do I turn my PS3 on, use the PS button to wake it from sleep and just hold it?

dannyphantom105

Superior Member
Mar 1, 2007
what you have to do is Hold the power button on the console for 5 or more seconds, and the system setting willl reset to SD and then u can switch it. I'm 100 positive this will work, as the same thing happened to me.

B

Bronx666

yeh, press and hold it to start it up make sure to hold it, and it should reset to default settings.

May 21, 2007
I am having the opposite issue. I am trying to switch to HDMI output. I am a COMPLETE newbie, so I have no idea how to do this. I do have a picture when I connect it via RCA cables. But I can't figure out how to switch the output setting. Can someone help?? Thanks in advance,

Gerry