Heads up: Final Fantasy 13 news on the way.

soulz

Superior Member
Nov 21, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Probably something small, maybe something on the characters or weapons. Dunno.
But i wouldn't expect anything spectacular, but i am hoping for a release date for this year (English one that is).

Martijn_

Apprentice
Mar 31, 2007
I hope worldwide release in 2008, but I doubt that. Probably just news that they are going to show a new trailer on the E3 wich no-one gets to see.... getting tired of SE lately with all their secrecy...just show it to everyone or don't show anything at all.

Azu

Forum Sage
Mar 18, 2006
Oulu, Finland
As someone in NeoGAF's thread said, they'll just probably unveil the trailer shown at the Mega Theater at Jump Festa in the form of a few pics & descriptions to those pics as well as maybe a couple of new tidbits (in the form of an short interview with a couple of questions for the devs, maybe?). So nothing major, but still some cool things to know, I reckon.

Yeah, i think it will be nothing major, but some small interesting news....hopefully they tell more about the battle system or something.

And i really really hope they will release this game this year, even though if the Japanese version is coming out this year and the US version next year, i will still get the Japanese version. :D

the_End

Master Guru
Jul 30, 2007
Hopefully a release date. But probably something small, it won't be released in 2008. SE will tell everyone the release date is 2008 but then delayed to 2009 lol.

AndyD

Oct 3, 2006
They will likely have another closed demo at GDC, perhaps something for the public at E3 and a demo by the end of the year.

chartwel

Elite Guru
Dec 1, 2005
[QUOTE="AndyD, post: 0]They will likely have another closed demo at GDC, perhaps something for the public at E3 and a demo by the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

i highly doubt SE will even be at GDC, but you never know. if they are they will definitely not be showing anything public like you said.

Thorondir

Superior Member
Sep 6, 2007
Why is everyone here so negative it may not be big news this time but the big stuff will come this year as Nomura, Toriyama and Kitase all have said that FFXIII and the rest will be properly showed to the public this year.

Taion

Apprentice
Jan 14, 2008
[QUOTE="Thorondir, post: 0]Why is everyone here so negative it may not be big news this time but the big stuff will come this year as Nomura, Toriyama and Kitase all have said that FFXIII and the rest will be properly showed to the public this year.[/quote]

I agree, everyone slags off SE when they release very little,or maybe a new trailer with some new scenes but I bet if SE released the game sooner than expected everyone would be pissed off and accuse them of rushing it. FF13 is undoubtedly the most anticipated RPG of the current gen,and perhaps ever, so give it the time it deserves and it will live up to the hype.

FatesServant

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2006
[QUOTE="the_End, post: 0]Hopefully a release date. But probably something small, it won't be released in 2008. SE will tell everyone the release date is 2008 but then delayed to 2009 lol.[/QUOTE]

Its so sad.......Yet so true... But anyways. In short, it doesnt matter what Square Enix does, people would still get upset over any and every possibility. Like others said, if the game is released this year, there will be complaints of it being rushed. If the game doesn't come out though Square Enix will keep getting bashed on by the public for not showing footage and making us wait, and for taking too long. Personally, I say take the time. It's my honost oppinion that if the game was released this year, people would claim it was rushed, and then go on to say that the game wasn't that good, but if Square Enix would just hold onto the game for a few more months those same critics would say the game was awesome, and what not.
-FatesServant

fiero911

Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2007
Maybe a release time-frame, that'd be sweet, and actually help people whether they should take it out of their '08 must haves

Demyx

Superior Member
Dec 7, 2007
I think they'll just give us new scans and small info. I'm expecting a 2009 release for the English version.