• Yes!

• Nah, you good!

• Other (Explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
Just recently bought me a 4K TV (TCL '55 6 series for those wondering. P.S - It's a godlike TV) and I'm thinking about upgrading my PS4 to a Pro. Been weighting the options and I don't know what to do. Since Sony got that 'day of deals' coming up and the Pro being $350, I'm thinking I should bite since its 2 years in and I'm sure all the kinks have been fixed. But then I look and see that PS5 is right around the corner. I just don't know. I'd be trading in my launch PS4 and 2 older games that should net me about almost $200 in Lamestop credit. That means I'd have to put up the other $150. In the grand scheme it sounds very tempting. I do want a bigger HDD since I finally have enough games where I need to stop deleting one or the other to add a new one, so that extra 500 gigs will come in handy. I'm just torn! What should I do PSU? WHAT IS A PIMP TO DO?!

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
I choose 'other'.

I don't know how you feel about HDR, but i personally prefer HDR to screen res (so i would jump on it!).

That being said, the PS5 will itself ship with HDR (because why wouldn't it?).

If you aren't attached to the launch console, i'd say it is worth it. $150 for a console that performs better, has more space, and makes use of your spangly new TV sounds like a bargain.

If you are attached to the launch console, then probably hold on to it. As i say, PS5 will have all the goodies Pro has and more.

VayMasters86

Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2007
Tough one. I'm in the same position, with the difference that I previously swapped out my HDD for the 2 TB Hybrid drive, one that seems to be popular for the PS4. I've decided against getting the PS4 Pro simply due to my expectation of when the PS5's will release.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
I say it's worth it. You're only spending $150 and the PS5 likely won't be available for another 2-3 years. We don't know what its launch lineup will be like either or what kinks, if any, need to be fixed, assuming you are just as cautious with the PS5 as you were the PS4 Pro.

The fan in the PS4 probably gets too loud when playing Horizon or God of War anyway.

Last edited: