Help me to understand the exploding marvel movie secene

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
So for awhile I've wanted to check out the Marvel movies like X-men and Avengers etc but there are so many of these films now I don't really know where to begin. In which order should I watch them, and what's currently out? :)

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="Ghost, post: 6417949]So for awhile I've wanted to check out the Marvel movies like X-men and Avengers etc but there are so many of these films now I don't really know where to begin. In which order should I watch them, and what's currently out? :)[/QUOTE]

Aha! My wife is about to to do the same, and for some of them it is kinda important.

X-man series
The first 3 X-men movies were before they had this whole vision thing, so you can kinda watch them together without much worry about anything else, but if you plan on watching the next ones, watch these first. The problem is the reboot (X-men:First class), messed a bit up, and they actually made Days of future past to fix and make some sort of continuity out of the movies). While wolverine movies fit in here, there isn't real a continuity to them and X-men. So wolverine movies are pretty much stand alone (although watch them in order).

By in large, X-men is a series unto itself, it doesn't fit in with the other movies.

Avengers/Iron Man/Thor/Captain America

Important you watch these in order

Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America
Avengers
Iron Man 3
CA:Winter Soldier

The fiirst 4 all are sort of lead-ups to Avengers while the next lot are events post Avengers.

Guardians of Galaxy-is just awesome, there is a slight connection to the others but its one for nerds only.

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="mynd, post: 6417965]Aha! My wife is about to to do the same, and for some of them it is kinda important.

X-man series
The first 3 X-men movies were before they had this whole vision thing, so you can kinda watch them together without much worry about anything else, but if you plan on watching the next ones, watch these first. The problem is the reboot (X-men:First class), messed a bit up, and they actually made Days of future past to fix and make some sort of continuity out of the movies). While wolverine movies fit in here, there isn't real a continuity to them and X-men. So wolverine movies are pretty much stand alone (although watch them in order).

By in large, X-men is a series unto itself, it doesn't fit in with the other movies.

Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America
Avengers
Iron Man 3

The fiirst 4 all are sort of lead-ups to Avengers while the next lot are events post Avengers.

Guardians of Galaxy-is just awesome, there is a slight connection to the others but its one for nerds only.[/QUOTE]

I still own this comic. Yes, I know. I'm a nerd. :cool:

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6417968]

I still own this comic. Yes, I know. I'm a nerd. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I almost jizzed in my pants when I saw Thanos in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

Was trying like an ecstatic child to explain to my wife how badass Thanos actually is.
"He dates Death herself!" I could hear my inner nerd clawing its way out. lol

robvandam111

Master Poster
Mar 11, 2010
Miami, Fl
[QUOTE="mynd, post: 6417965]Aha! My wife is about to to do the same, and for some of them it is kinda important.

X-man series

Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America
Avengers
Iron Man 3

Guardians of Galaxy-is just awesome, there is a slight connection to the others but its one for nerds only.[/QUOTE]

There's also Norton's Incredible Hulk; its not much but it does connect at the end with Iron Man and Captain America.

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6417968]

I still own this comic. Yes, I know. I'm a nerd. :cool:[/QUOTE]

[video=youtube;gZEdDMQZaCU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZEdDMQZaCU[/video]

Aug 22, 2006
Alone in the Cold
Well Thor The Dark World isnt fantastic (I liked it) but it has one of the story elements for for the rest of the series you are forced to watch it.

Oh and watch the announcement for Phase 3

[video=youtube;L2VoJuVfbjI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2VoJuVfbjI[/video]

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2006
Alone in the Cold
[QUOTE="mynd, post: 6418015]Whops missed thor 2, yeah its kind a forgettable.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but it has a stone so if you have to skip it at least read about the stone and who has it by the end.

May 19, 2007
At Home
www.youtube.com
If you want to go ALL OUT CRAZY you can watch the one shots and Marvel Tv shows too :D

01) Captain America: The First Avenger
02) Agent Carter (One Shot)
03) Agent Carter (S1:E1 - ?)
04) Iron Man
05) Iron Man 2
06) A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer (One Shot)
07) Thor
08) The Incredible Hulk
09) The Consultant (One Shot)
10) The Avengers
11) Item 47 (One Shot)
12) Iron Man 3
13) Agents of Shield (S1:E1 - 7)
14) All Hail the King (One Shot)
15) Thor 2
16) Agents of Shield (S1:E8 - 16)
17) Captain America: The Winter Soldier
18) Agents of Shield (S1:E17 - 22)
19) Guardians of the Galaxy
20) Agents of Shield (S2:E1 - ?)

EDIT: I forgot to mention, you need to watch the After Credits scene for every movie too.
:p

Last edited:

33x

Super Carlton
Staff member
Dec 26, 2007
SW London
i love this thread, im a huge marvel and dc geek now, love all marvel movies and am so glad they got spiderman back