HELP: PS3 won't come on after I Am Alive

mikeghtmare

Elite Member
Dec 20, 2006
So I installed the demo of I Am Alive, and after about 5 minutes into the demo it beeped (I think 3 times).
Now whenever I try to turn it on I see the led light go green, then turns red and beeps 3 times.

Is my PS3 dead???
Is there a way to fix it?

THnaks.

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
That or it over-heated. Wait half an hour and turn it back on. If the problem persist then I suggest the oven fix. That's how I fixed my PS3's yellow light. Here are some steps you should take(I'm assuming that it's a Phat model?).

1. Try the above method of waiting before turning it back on. If it works then immediately delete the game. Apparently there are some nasty issues with the title "I Am Alive" that freeze your console among other problems.

2. (In case the above method doesn't work) - If your console still has warranty then call Sony to have it replaced, if not then either buy a new slim model or fix it yourself in the below process(Note: Must have Thermal Paste for this to work)

*Find an empty space to work with and take your console apart. Take pictures to figure out where everything goes before removing the pieces - Remove everything until your motherboard is free.

*Look at your motherboard and find two chips that are parallel to each other. If they have thermal paste on them then wipe it out.

*Take your motherboard and place it in a lasagna-tinfoil pan. Turn on your oven and set the heater to 420 degrees at 11 minutes!(STAY WITH IT AT ALL TIMES!). After baking, set it outside for half an hour to cool off. Make sure you turn off your oven after use(Safety advice from the fonman).

*After it's cool then find the two chips parallel to each other and apply a thin layer of Thermal Paste on each one(It better be good quality paste).

*Re-assemble your console. Connect everything in their right places and screw in all the bolts in their appropriate place.

*Finally, hook up your console and pray that it works XD

That's all the help I can give you.

jubeininja69

Elite Member
Jul 23, 2007
[QUOTE="mikeghtmare, post: 5826377]So I installed the demo of I Am Alive, and after about 5 minutes into the demo it beeped (I think 3 times).
Now whenever I try to turn it on I see the led light go green, then turns red and beeps 3 times.

Is my PS3 dead???
Is there a way to fix it?

THnaks.[/QUOTE]

i think you knew you got the ylod. lol

May 17, 2012
climax island
[QUOTE="*goo, post: 5826856]Videogame: I am alive

Console: I am dead

Ironic.[/QUOTE]

LOL. ^ no but seriously sorry to hear that, that sucks man. i downloaded i am alive and everytime i try to play it the screen goes black and i need to reset my ps3 delete the game reinstall it then i can play it and when i hop off it repeats the first step. i dont know if its the game or my ps3 but im not touching that game anymore for a good while.

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
[QUOTE="souleater, post: 5829247]LOL. ^ no but seriously sorry to hear that, that sucks man. i downloaded i am alive and everytime i try to play it the screen goes black and i need to reset my ps3 delete the game reinstall it then i can play it and when i hop off it repeats the first step. i dont know if its the game or my ps3 but im not touching that game anymore for a good while.[/QUOTE]It's the game. A lot of people are having problems with it.