Help putting my PS4 in a DMZ

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
Need help fellas and/or Fellettes?

Anyway, I changed my PS4's static IP address, subnet mask, etc, etc. However, when I log into my router and go to "DMZ Host" the only clickable PC name is "Greatness" which is the nickname for my Desktop. Of course I'm not going to put that in a DMZ, haha. Anyone know the reason my PS4 isn't showing up in the dropdown list? My laptop isn't either, but when I look at what's on my network, both appear. I just can't click either for DMZ hosting. Any ideas?

- Have a random IP address set
- Subnet mask and all that set to the default router settings
- Primary and Secondary DNS same thing

But it doesn't appear. I's sad.

Last edited:

Rekmon

Elite Member
Mar 7, 2008
[QUOTE="$Greatness$, post: 6254313]Need help fellas and/or Fellettes?

Anyway, I changed my PS4's static IP address, subnet mask, etc, etc. However, when I log into my router and go to "DMZ Host" the only clickable PC name is "Greatness" which is the nickname for my Desktop. Of course I'm not going to put that in a DMZ, haha. Anyone know the reason my PS4 isn't showing up in the dropdown list? My laptop isn't either, but when I look at what's on my network, both appear. I just can't click either for DMZ hosting. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

You can't set the DMZ by address? If so just choose an IP address outside of your routers DHCP range, save your settings and then on your ps4 set it to use that address under network settings.

Mar 7, 2006
[QUOTE="$Greatness$, post: 6254424]Yeah, its up to date. Its a proprietary Verizon Actiontec. I'll try it again. Thanks fellas.[/QUOTE]

I am having the same problem. I am even entering in manually the IP address i assigned to the PS4 but my Actiontec Q1000 doesn't save the settings when i hit save. I am still getting Moderate and Strict NAT types on COD Ghosts.

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 6255489]Configure your PS4 manually, and give it a static IP address. Then either select that in the router drop down, or input it manually.[/QUOTE]

How would I input it manually since it isn't allowing to select it in the drop down menu? Thanks for help oh F34RLESS one. lol

Rekmon

Elite Member
Mar 7, 2008
[QUOTE="$Greatness$, post: 6257428]How would I input it manually since it isn't allowing to select it in the drop down menu? Thanks for help oh F34RLESS one. lol[/QUOTE]

Your's is like the router inthe screen shot below?
Click the "enable" radio button under DMZ state. Choose "manually enter IP",
put in the LAN address you wish to use for your PS4 (let's say 192.168.0.10) Hit apply.

Now on your PC hit the windows key+R. In the box that pops up type "CMD" hit enter. Now you'll get another window open, at that command prompt type "ipconfig/all" hit enter. Out of the info it returns write down the:
Default gateway (your routers address)
Subnet Mask
DNS servers (both addresses)

Now go to your PS4, setup your network manually and use that info you recorded. When you assign the PS4 it's address make sure it's the same one you put in the DMZ (192.168.0.10)

Save your settings, test your connection.

Have fun.