Heroes Reborn... The NBC hit is coming back

Jan 29, 2007
"NBC's sci-fi series Heroes is being revived as a 13-episode limited series, with creator Tim Kring back at the helm but a new cast of characters and a self-contained storyline that's "shrouded in secrecy. The series, which aired from 2006-2010, will return in 2015 as Heroes Reborn,NBC Entertainment president Jennifer Salke announced Saturday, adding that some former cast members might "pop" back in for cameos. The characters and plots will be introduced in a digital series that will precede the TV premiere."

[video=youtube_share;xXUjpHHfTLY]http://youtu.be/xXUjpHHfTLY[/video]

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
They indeed wasted a great series, what a shame , isn't it? I just hope they make it right this time, but if Hero Nakamura is out then I am out too :D

Bitbydeath

Power Member
Sep 10, 2005
[QUOTE="HellsJester, post: 6307325]It got cancelled because everything after season 1 was garbage so unless its as good or better than season 1 i dont want it back.[/QUOTE]

Season 2 got butchered because of a huge writers strike.
Instead of waiting it out they handed the scripting duties off to ??? the local janitor? and thus many story disasters were born.
Every season after appeared to be trying to fix those issues but many scars remained.

Malt

Superior Member
Oct 29, 2013
Darkest Wales
I went off it after what happened to Peter at the start of series 2. He slowly developed into the ultimate kick ass superhero over the whole of the first series, then lost all his powers and had to start again. I really wanted to see him develop even further. I still watched the rest of the series but for me it never lived up to its promise.

Sylar

Elite Sage
Aug 30, 2008
UK
I enjoyed most of heroes although I think certain aspects dampened the storyline with some character personality changes and some situations feeling dragged out and monotonous.

It should be interesting to see what the new cast can do

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

33x

Super Carlton
Staff member
Dec 26, 2007
SW London
all i was waiting for was a fully powered peter to go 1 on 1 with sylar and then they ruined the whole show

Jan 29, 2007
There's two main issues... it's really not the show's fault which is why I believe it can still be great.

A. They serialized the characters. The initial concept was to constantly refresh characters. Meaning have them on for say a season, and then close their arc and bring in other people. The older characters could come back but the point was to bring in new people. The studio decided it was easier to market and boost rating/viewership by keeping popular characters. Ergo, some of the best ones got milked and dragged out. Peter should've been cut after season 1, maybe season 2. When he became invincible Kring had a problem... thus the creative was tossed under the bus. Also, keeping Hero and his time and space ability was a "mine field" as Kring put it... and with keeping him the duration of the show they definitely stepped on a few.

B. The writer's strike which happened going into season two. This just created a big clusterfuck... story lines were crossed, patched, and forced into a working solution. Newer characters were completely dropped and so it compounded back to bringing older character back on... and then it was just a total downward spiral.

This limited series with new characters is going back to what Heroes was suppose to do... Now it's up to Kring to make the show what it could've been.

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
[QUOTE="HellsJester, post: 6307325]It got cancelled because everything after season 1 was garbage so unless its as good or better than season 1 i dont want it back.[/QUOTE]

Second.

LM-93

Elite Member
Aug 27, 2008
Cleethorpes
Though I agree that after season 1, the show declined in quality and appeal one episode at at time and that a new refreshed series on a blank canvas is great in prospect.
My pet hate is starting a show that doesn't end, that's either after one series or multiple.
As I said I agree the new series (if done correctly) is the best move; however it really fucking annoys me that they're not even going to wrap up that story that they so hopelessly fucked up.

Heroes was cancelled on the biggest cliffhanger ever, (Claire at the circus) and it tears me to bits even after losing interest, that I don't get to see the aftermath :(

Nov 23, 2005
[QUOTE="Serinous, post: 6321678]I have zero faith in this shit.[/QUOTE]

From heroes to zeroes :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk