High Velocity Bowling Free update -> Live now

daevv

The Mega Man
May 28, 2007
Newfoundland!
Good news I haven't played it in a while as some of the later characters are super hard to beat. Will be good to start it over again.

No online multiplayer though :(

~d

Jun 2, 2008
good to hear. i played my copy the other day and started wondering about an update. i actually tried posting a new topic numerous times but my screen would never load when i clicked new topic. good to finally be able to play online against real people...SWEET! long damn time coming Team RamRod

Oct 25, 2007
I downloaded HVB the day it came out, played the CRAP out of it, then stopped playing it once newer games started coming out. I think I would have played it a lot longer if it came out with online from the start. I don't think I will re-download it to try out this over due patch...

Jan 9, 2007
well a typing ability is sorely missing in the online lobby i hate these pre made statement setups .. well actually it works for hot shots but i dont like it here .. and i know there is mic support but not in the lobby that i can tell ..
played one game on line good stuff no lag .. and there is a time clock to keep people from dragging the game on which is bonus ..

XMW

Super Elite
Jun 22, 2008
I hated this game. Today I dl'ed the patch, and played few games. It's actually quite fun when you get the hang of it. I got 2 trophies so far;

Win 1 online match
Archieve an online skill rating of 1600 or better

Got these two in my one and only online match hehe.

Mana Knight

Elite Member
Dec 22, 2006
Maryland, USA
[QUOTE="Eclipz81, post: 0]I downloaded HVB the day it came out, played the CRAP out of it, then stopped playing it once newer games started coming out. I think I would have played it a lot longer if it came out with online from the start. I don't think I will re-download it to try out this over due patch...[/quote]You are prompted to patch, and it's only over 100MB. You don't have to re-download like some older PSN games.

Jan 9, 2007
[QUOTE="Mana Knight, post: 0]You are prompted to patch, and it's only over 100MB. You don't have to re-download like some older PSN games.[/quote]

he probably deleted the game since he was done with it to save HDD space .. i have done that with a couple of games myself ..

RawK_Solid

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2008
Thanks for the notice. +rep

I'm downloading now. I agree with everybody that says this game is underrated. Very fun and entertaining. I just wish I was better.

Breakpoint25

Superior Member
Jun 18, 2008
What is the best way to get a strike in the Game, I always get one pin left up

And how do you know who is available to bowl in the lobby, i always get "User is busy" and i have to go through like 10 of these to find a person who is not playing

Jan 9, 2007
i havent figured that out myself yet .. seems to be the bolded whiter looking names ..

and there is no sure way to get a strike ..
i see a lot of people like to anlge the throw and use spin to counteract the direction of hte throw .. personally i will slide my guy all the way toward one side of the lane annlge the throw so that it will hit toward one side of the first pin

in my first game i got 2 strikes and almost had 3 others with a couple of pins doing hte wobbling thing ...

my wife is far better than me at bowling because she did it in real life ( i only have once when i was little kid ) so she better understands how the bal lreacts to spinning etc ..

Jun 15, 2007
I downloaded the patch and played the game last night....However, I was kind of disappointed you could only play or challenge ONE of your online friends at a time. I was really hoping you could have 4-8 of your friends bowl against one another and chat at the same time. Unless, I am missing a way to set up your own room and have multiple people bowl at the same time...Its cool but not as cool as it could have been. They should have taken a page out of HotShots golf....that is cool how they set up their multiple player online.