Home Beta Updated

ivo150

Apprentice
Oct 2, 2007
The Home Beta was recently updated to version 0.8.6. The update contained a Media and Events Space that was only available for a limited time.

Though nothing other than several stylish rooms were available to beta testers the day the area was open, we've heard that upon the launch of Home, Sony will use the space to showcase events such as PlayStation Day and host live presentations.

According to Scrawl, a survey coincided with the reveal of the Media and Events Space that inquired about the space's presentation area, media in the gallery, what kind of content you'd want to see to make your next visit more compelling and so on.

It's certainly a sound idea -- Home is the perfect area for community interaction. Perhaps a year from now we'll be reporting on a presentation given within Home. Until that day though, stay tuned to PSU for all things Home.
http://www.psu.com/Home-Beta-updated,-Media-and-Events-Space-revealed-News--a0003773-p0.php

gruddy

Elite Sage
Aug 29, 2007
none of this is really important to me, since home is still not out.
the only news that i want is that home is coming out soon

MA77_G0D

Apprentice
Jun 11, 2007
This is an excellent feature to have in Home. I always thought of this feature since Home was first revealed, and now that it is here, I am very happy. I have never been to a media/games event, but now I CAN be, via Home. I am glad that Home has been pushed back, because when it hits, I want it to be spectacular, not just good.

- Matt -

rbrtchng

Forum Guru
Aug 25, 2006
Omg, this is gonna be great. I can finally "attend" Playstation Day and like E3 and maybe even TGS. More, more plz.

Carl

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 26, 2006
Yeah i think this is a pretty awesome addition. Being able to go there watch watch them give conferences and stuff would be pretty cool.

KatanaKing

Elite Member
Mar 18, 2007
Is anyone really bothered about HOME anymore, its been delayed and delayed and will probably be delayed again in NOV.......what a waste of energy.

K

karbineftw

Home is slowly becoming more "out of the window" lately
People are forgetting it, there used to be loads of threads on it, not its just like. Home, Yeh, Home.

wonders1982

Master Poster
Nov 20, 2005
[QUOTE="Sufi, post: 0]Hmm...live presentations through home sounds hot.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it would be cool to watch the sony keynotes there in a virtual theatre.

Aug 22, 2006
Alone in the Cold
Yes watching gaming events would be awesome but you would only be able to watch Sony stuff.
Last years E3 with nintendos presentation was worth watching since there big presentation was pretty much Wiifit which litteraly made me roll on the floor laughing.

Glacia

Elite Member
Jan 12, 2007
[QUOTE="GT4SOM, post: 0]I don't care anymore for home. All I really want is the XBM and Ingame music.[/quote]

Don't care much for ingame music but ingame XMB would be nice.

Alpha2

Elite Guru
Mar 3, 2007
Developing home is apparently easier than redesigning the XMB to fit into game memory, but only by a little bit since home updates come once every 2 months and only fix tiny things or nothing at all.

I'd hope this means they're concentrating on things like making clan support and multiplayer game matching work but it's a headache waiting for evidence that they're doing it.

Stoffinator

Power Member
May 23, 2005
Toronto
www.youtube.com
[QUOTE="Alpha2, post: 0]Developing home is apparently easier than redesigning the XMB to fit into game memory, but only by a little bit since home updates come once every 2 months and only fix tiny things or nothing at all.

I'd hope this means they're concentrating on things like making clan support and multiplayer game matching work but it's a headache waiting for evidence that they're doing it.[/QUOTE]

This wasn't even a Home update. It was only available to us for a few hours.

Dorian_D

Superior Member
Oct 26, 2007
That's what I call a shotty home update. Home to me seems unique and different but it seems so many problems keep popping up. I know Sony will clean this up and don't want to lose face.

pucknut68

Apprentice
Jan 23, 2007
HOME is in the same category as HAZE, big hype, lots and lots of delays all spelling towards major disappointment. DELAYS=Disappointment. Hopefully I'm proven wrong but it better be spectacular to pull me away from xbox live, or my PS3 will forever be my BR/exclusives machine.

A

Anubys003

itll suck if the hype is the only good thing lol. I'm hoping for it to be something grand for the PS3

YoungMullah88

PSU Live Streamer
Sep 15, 2006
Charlotte
www.playfire.com
[QUOTE="The Game, post: 0]This wasn't even a Home update. It was only available to us for a few hours.[/quote]
what update are they talking about? 0.8.6 has been out for the past month or so...it fixed some glitches(well check the psp prompt)

Stoffinator

Power Member
May 23, 2005
Toronto
www.youtube.com
[QUOTE="CH!3F, post: 0]what update are they talking about? 0.8.6 has been out for the past month or so...it fixed some glitches(well check the psp prompt)[/QUOTE]

On Friday we got to test a new room. But we only had it for a few hours.

Aug 22, 2006
Alone in the Cold
[QUOTE="pucknut68, post: 0]HOME is in the same category as HAZE, big hype, lots and lots of delays all spelling towards major disappointment. DELAYS=Disappointment. Hopefully I'm proven wrong but it better be spectacular to pull me away from xbox live, or my PS3 will forever be my BR/exclusives machine.[/QUOTE]

Didnt Blizzard delay Diablo 1 for like 2 years?
Still one of my favorite games of all time.

YoungMullah88

PSU Live Streamer
Sep 15, 2006
Charlotte
www.playfire.com
[QUOTE="The Game, post: 0]On Friday we got to test a new room. But we only had it for a few hours.[/quote]

damn thats ****ed up! the only day i didnt check out HOME(i always go on there before i go to bed) that when they'll pull this sort of ****.....how was it?

am going to add you so u can remind me....was it mentioned on the official HOME forum?

Stoffinator

Power Member
May 23, 2005
Toronto
www.youtube.com
[QUOTE="CH!3F, post: 0]damn thats ****ed up! the only day i didnt check out HOME(i always go on there before i go to bed) that when they'll pull this sort of ****.....how was it?

am going to add you so u can remind me....was it mentioned on the official HOME forum?[/QUOTE]

Yeah Ted did post about it and personally I think it sucked. To me it was a waste of time. Instead of focusing on game stuff they are worried about a room like this, which was butt ugly. But some seemed to like it.

Alpha2

Elite Guru
Mar 3, 2007
Yeah I didnt get into home until last night but for some odd reason I still had to download a quick patch for the Home Square and a couple of other spaces like the mall.

YoungMullah88

PSU Live Streamer
Sep 15, 2006
Charlotte
www.playfire.com
[QUOTE="The Game, post: 0]Yeah Ted did post about it and personally I think it sucked. To me it was a waste of time. Instead of focusing on game stuff they are worried about a room like this, which was butt ugly. But some seemed to like it.[/quote]

haha not a surprise at all. anything new is always welcomed...even if it sucks lol

yep i had to dl a patch for all the spaces...also i lost all my furniture's in my second space but for some odd reason all the pile up i made outside was still there lol...oh and why dont we have anything under appliances yet?