HOME problem....hardware or software? (for the HOME enabled) *SOLVED - Post #19*

takuya

Superior Member
Dec 17, 2006
www.tupeck.com
So last night I was in HOME and everything was going well, was chatting it up with a couple guys and all of a sudden I got RELOCATED (involuntarily) to the same room I was in. It was strange. Then, I logged out to go sign back in to the PSN (separate from HOME, apparently) and the program froze. I was stuck on the white RELOCATING screen and nothing happened. No connectivity through the controllers, nothing. I then tried aobut 10 times to get back into HOME and everytime I logged in, the initial RELOCATING screen froze and nothing happened, load locked over and over.

I have uninstalled, redownloaded and reinstalled the HOME program to no avail. Now I am backing up my info and *shudder* going to reformat and reinstall everything. (First I will have to redownload everything, right?) Its going to be an all day thing, I can tell right now. Do you think that this will help? Has anyone had this problem to this severity and had it just *fix* itself? I am kind of disheartened becuase there is no forum yet for the BETA testers and no way for me to communicate this problem to Sony. If its hardware and a full reformat and reinstall will work, then awesome (just a bit of a p.i.t.a.) but if its somehow account related, then WTF? Is there anything I can do? I was blessed enough to get into the BETA and now it appears that I wont be able to use it.....I am not a happy camper right now. If there is any info that you guys may have, please post it up and let me know!

Thanks guys!

A

ATL

[QUOTE="takuya, post: 0]So last night I was in HOME and everything was going well, was chatting it up with a couple guys and all of a sudden I got RELOCATED (involuntarily) to the same room I was in. It was strange. Then, I logged out to go sign back in to the PSN (separate from HOME, apparently) and the program froze. I was stuck on the white RELOCATING screen and nothing happened. No connectivity through the controllers, nothing. I then tried aobut 10 times to get back into HOME and everytime I logged in, the initial RELOCATING screen froze and nothing happened, load locked over and over.

I have uninstalled, redownloaded and reinstalled the HOME program to no avail. Now I am backing up my info and *shudder* going to reformat and reinstall everything. (First I will have to redownload everything, right?) Its going to be an all day thing, I can tell right now. Do you think that this will help? Has anyone had this problem to this severity and had it just *fix* itself? I am kind of disheartened becuase there is no forum yet for the BETA testers and no way for me to communicate this problem to Sony. If its hardware and a full reformat and reinstall will work, then awesome (just a bit of a p.i.t.a.) but if its somehow account related, then WTF? Is there anything I can do? I was blessed enough to get into the BETA and now it appears that I wont be able to use it.....I am not a happy camper right now. If there is any info that you guys may have, please post it up and let me know!

Thanks guys![/quote]

First of all, remember it is just a Beta. I have heard of freezing issues, just not like this. Usually gets fixed with a re-boot.
I think you have posted this in the wrong forums. You will have to wait until the Home Beta Trail Forums open to discuss issues with the beta.

takuya

Superior Member
Dec 17, 2006
www.tupeck.com
[QUOTE="ATL, post: 0]First of all, remember it is just a Beta. I have heard of freezing issues, just not like this. Usually gets fixed with a re-boot.
I think you have posted this in the wrong forums. You will have to wait until the Home Beta Trail Forums open to discuss issues with the beta.[/quote]

Thanks for trying to be helpful, but I am aware that I will need to wait for the Home Beta Trial forums to open up. I have heard of load locking and have had it happen to me a bit before, but NOT like this. This is EVERY time I try to get into the application. It just freezes up on the RELOCATING page. Anyone in HOME will know what page I am talking about.

This post was directed at those out there in HOME that may have had this happen to them and if they did anything in particular that helped them get back into HOME. I am looking for suggestions for things to do in the meantime that I have not thought of. Also to see if this is a semi isolated problem, and I say 'semi' becuase I am aware that not all the beta testers are on the PS3 forums. And as I am not discussing anything about the in game freatures, I do not believe I am breaking the EULA.

So, with that said, anyone else? I noticed on the PSUnderground forums this morning that there is another guy out there with the exact same problem, but for some strange reason, I cant post in the PSU forums (even though I am signed in and have been a member for years.....I think it has something to do with Vista....) Anyway, let me know and again, thanks in advance for any light you may be able to shed on the issue here.

ibiris

Apprentice
Apr 26, 2007
Leuchars, Scotland
It's probably going to keep freezing up if it's trying to put you back in the same place. I'm assuming it works like that and places you where your were when you logged off?
Maybe there should be a reset option that moves the 'character' to a set place (i.e. living room, or something).

wh0

Super Elite
Dec 23, 2005
Why is it that the beta forums aren't up yet? As beta testers aren't we supposed to be letting them know of issues as they occur? I hope they open it up soon and let me talk about the issues so they can be fixed.

Beodude123

Electronic Warrior
Feb 9, 2007
I would think there would be a way of contacting Sony with problems somewhere.

In all honesty, I doubt reformatting your PS3 would help at all. I had something of a problem with [email protected], and I did the same kind of thing you did. Deleted the program, and reinstalled it. It didn't fix anything either. I would wait to see if they open up a forum, so you can see if it's a problem others are experiencing.

And since nobody has done it yet....

OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!1one1! T3h PS3zors are g0ing to b3 d34d!! 3ndzor5 of teh P53!!

takuya

Superior Member
Dec 17, 2006
www.tupeck.com
I sent an email to the info address on the beta website...but no response yet. There are no beta forums as of yet. The strangest thing. We are supposed to test this thing out, with no feedback channel to let them know things that are going wrong.........I dont get it.

Dec 15, 2006
ya it sounds like its on thier end honestly. Like your character location is set to exist in a location you may not be able to access. Did you post pics or something online, maybe record a video? Like in the everquest days, if a GM wanted to repremand you, you would summon you to a location and "discapline" you. Either way, it sounds like your stuck trying to load into a location your should be. I think talking to someone on Sonys end is probably the way to go.

Dec 8, 2005
[QUOTE="takuya, post: 0]So last night I was in HOME and everything was going well, was chatting it up with a couple guys and all of a sudden I got RELOCATED (involuntarily) to the same room I was in. It was strange. Then, I logged out to go sign back in to the PSN (separate from HOME, apparently) and the program froze. I was stuck on the white RELOCATING screen and nothing happened. No connectivity through the controllers, nothing. I then tried aobut 10 times to get back into HOME and everytime I logged in, the initial RELOCATING screen froze and nothing happened, load locked over and over.

Thanks guys![/QUOTE]

If you go to us.playstation.com....sign into your account and then right under your sign in name there should be a tab that says beta....click on that tab and it will take you to the beta home for HOME....there you can place all your issues with the beta and chat it up with the other guys on the forums.

I do urge you to go to this site and communicate the problem....because this sorta thing is the reason why they do beta testing...if they do not know about the problem, they can't fix it.

takuya

Superior Member
Dec 17, 2006
www.tupeck.com
us.playstation.com[/URL]....sign into your account and then right under your sign in name there should be a tab that says beta....click on that tab and it will take you to the beta home for HOME....there you can place all your issues with the beta and chat it up with the other guys on the forums.

I do urge you to go to this site and communicate the problem....because this sorta thing is the reason why they do beta testing...if they do not know about the problem, they can't fix it.
Nothing regarding the BETA there. I only have my GAP button. I did the R&C:SizeMatters beta and I remember the BETA button on that one....but its not there for the HOME beta......

I really want to report this, but they have NO avenues to do so at this time.

takuya

Superior Member
Dec 17, 2006
www.tupeck.com
[QUOTE="Sufi, post: 0]I can say without doubt that it's software.[/quote]

Being a tech/IT guy myself, I kind of figured, but wanted some other opinions. Now, obviously, I have zero access to the beta. Should I format/reinstall, and take chances at it still not working afterwards, or should I just wait. The format is something that I was planning on doing at some time anyway because I want to get rid of the Linux partition, but I was planning on waiting until I got a bigger drive......anyway, i should probably just hold off and wait to see if/when the beta forums open up and if they will fix my account.

Regarding another post above, no I havent done anything like post video or pics on the web or anything bad in Home, I was just sitting there playing a game with some friends and bang, weird stuff happened.

Dec 8, 2005
speak to some of the other guys on the GAP boards...they might know how to get this info out or send an email out to one of the moderators @ GAP they might know how to get the info out.

Jan 21, 2007
dont reformat your hdd, that is rediculous. the whole point of a beta is to work all the bugs out for the final version. report your problems to the mods in home. that is your responsability as a beta tester (not to just simply play home all the time). you are jumping to conclusions and taking drastic measures for something that might not be anything more than a software glitch.

takuya

Superior Member
Dec 17, 2006
www.tupeck.com
[QUOTE="twentypointfive, post: 0]dont reformat your hdd, that is rediculous. the whole point of a beta is to work all the bugs out for the final version. report your problems to the mods in home. you are jumping to conclusions and taking drastic measures for something that might not be anything more than a software glitch.[/quote]

Thats the point. I cant get INTO home to report anything, even IF there WERE any mods in there. I will try the GAP email, but I dont know if they will be able to do anything. As it stand, I am just going to wait. No reformat, just waiting. This sucks.

AND NO - I DIDNT LEAK ANYTHING ANYWHERE. Please people, get off the 'ITS YOUR FAULT' negativity. Its just a beta issue, I am sure. I just wish that it wasnt happening to me!

takuya

Superior Member
Dec 17, 2006
www.tupeck.com
SOLUTION FOUND! Another user on the PSU forums had this problem and he figured out a bit ago that he could delete his HOME saved data (Save Data Utility) and then it allowed him to log in. I tried it and it worked lickety split. Perfect! I am back in Home now, thanks for all your feedback guys!

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="takuya, post: 0]SOLUTION FOUND! Another user on the PSU forums had this problem and he figured out a bit ago that he could delete his HOME saved data (Save Data Utility) and then it allowed him to log in. I tried it and it worked lickety split. Perfect! I am back in Home now, thanks for all your feedback guys![/quote]

Software related issue :p ah see see!

chugs

Apprentice
Oct 16, 2006
[QUOTE="takuya, post: 0]So last night I was in HOME[/quote]

lucky son of a gun. i'd let you spit at me in the face to get Home, even a non-working copy like you had.

takuya

Superior Member
Dec 17, 2006
www.tupeck.com
[QUOTE="twentypointfive, post: 0]still. report that so it can be looked into.[/quote]
I did and actually received an email last night from someone at SCEE.

[QUOTE="Sufi, post: 0]Software related issue :p ah see see![/quote]
Yup. I figured as much after thinking about it on here with you guys.