Homebrew programs you expect to see on the Vita

jubeininja69

Elite Member
Jul 23, 2007
Let's face it. the vita will be hacked. sony always fail at protecting their systems and vita will be no different. just imagine the homebrew possibilities. i'm already drooling at the thought.

-I'd like to see a ps2 emulator. if the psp can run ps1 emulation the vita should be able to do ps2.

-improved snes and genesis emulation. the psp doesn't have enough power to emulate these 100%. there's still lag or slowdown. the vita's power should more than enough run these 100%.

-psp emulation. you can play legit ripped backups of the umd games you own on the vita.

-emulation of older systems like n64, dreamcast, gamecube/xbox. it can be interesting if the vita is as powerful as sony claims it will.

vita might be the all in one portable system. lol. crazy.

F34R

Legend
Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
Yeah, I'm salivating at the possibilities. I'm funding one dev's vita that worked on some significant psp homebrew. Hopefully we'll see some amazing things from him. I know there will be plenty of people working on it. Can't wait.

Nitey

Elite Guru
Jan 17, 2011
[QUOTE="jubeininja69, post: 5650299]Let's face it. the vita will be hacked. sony always fail at protecting their systems and vita will be no different. just imagine the homebrew possibilities. i'm already drooling at the thought.

-I'd like to see a ps2 emulator. if the psp can run ps1 emulation the vita should be able to do ps2.

-improved snes and genesis emulation. the psp doesn't have enough power to emulate these 100%. there's still lag or slowdown. the vita's power should more than enough run these 100%.

-psp emulation. you can play legit ripped backups of the umd games you own on the vita.

-emulation of older systems like n64, dreamcast, gamecube/xbox. it can be interesting if the vita is as powerful as sony claims it will.

vita might be the all in one portable system. lol. crazy.[/QUOTE]

God, imagine that? Would be freakin amazin

floetry

Forum Guru
Oct 21, 2006
One that will emulate psp games better than the psp itself.

If they release a homebrew software, I will flash mine most likely. It all depends how often I play online

Ariakace

Dedicated Member
Mar 12, 2008
New Jersey
I think it would be a long way off from release if the Vita were to be hacked. If it does, i dont think i would even want to go through the hassle anyway. I mean, theres so many good PSN titles and games coming for the thing anyway, im probably not going to have any sort of time to play anything emulated. An N64 emulator and a proper SNES emulator would be awesome seeing as how i have issues loading some SNES games and some just run laggy on my PSP, and i have still never beaten Illusions of Gaia and i realy really want to but i cant play it because going from town to town just pisses me off that it lags soo much.

Also, if the thing is Netflix capable, Forget it im definately NOT going to hack it because that means while im trying to fall asleep i can do so to a plethora of stand up comedy (which i absolutely love about netflix im a standup comedy fanatic, in fact, Christopher Titus in a week!!!!). Plus some of the Animes they have on there arent all that bad. I watched Girls Bravo the other day. That show is friggin hillarious! Claymore was just badass, Desert punk is an instant classic, and im just starting to watch Excel Saga (although im finding that to understand anything that actually happened i have to watch each episode twice because i can never understand what the hell shes saying and i refuse to enable subtitles.

So, IN CLOSING, even if this thing does get hacked, it will probably take a lot longer than the PSP did, and if it never gets hacked, its still going to be one hell of a handheld entertainment device (please have netflix please have netflix please have netflix!)

F34R

Legend
Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="Ariakace, post: 5652170]I think it would be a long way off from release if the Vita were to be hacked. If it does, i dont think i would even want to go through the hassle anyway. I mean, theres so many good PSN titles and games coming for the thing anyway, im probably not going to have any sort of time to play anything emulated. An N64 emulator and a proper SNES emulator would be awesome seeing as how i have issues loading some SNES games and some just run laggy on my PSP, and i have still never beaten Illusions of Gaia and i realy really want to but i cant play it because going from town to town just pisses me off that it lags soo much.

Also, if the thing is Netflix capable, Forget it im definately NOT going to hack it because that means while im trying to fall asleep i can do so to a plethora of stand up comedy (which i absolutely love about netflix im a standup comedy fanatic, in fact, Christopher Titus in a week!!!!). Plus some of the Animes they have on there arent all that bad. I watched Girls Bravo the other day. That show is friggin hillarious! Claymore was just badass, Desert punk is an instant classic, and im just starting to watch Excel Saga (although im finding that to understand anything that actually happened i have to watch each episode twice because i can never understand what the hell shes saying and i refuse to enable subtitles.

So, IN CLOSING, even if this thing does get hacked, it will probably take a lot longer than the PSP did, and if it never gets hacked, its still going to be one hell of a handheld entertainment device (please have netflix please have netflix please have netflix!)[/QUOTE]
Yes, all signs point to this being a beast of a handheld. However, don't underestimate the tenacity of these exploiters. With 8 months of initial release, the Vita will be hacked.

Jul 9, 2008
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5652251]Yes, all signs point to this being a beast of a handheld. However, don't underestimate the tenacity of these exploiters. With 8 months of initial release, the Vita will be hacked.[/QUOTE]

trust f34r he knows everything related to hacking consoles. /sarcasm i dont see it being hacked anytime soon.

Vulgotha

Power Member
Jan 6, 2007
[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 5650577]XBox emulation simply isn't happening, and PS2 emulation likely won't either.[/QUOTE]

It's possible. Both have some problems associated with emulation.. In the PS2's case it's the crazy CPU and custom graphics chip.

With the Xbox it should be easier. It uses off the shelf computer parts from that time.. I'm just curious if the CPU in the Vita can outclass the Xbox's Pentium chip.. At least by a huge enough margin that emulation will be feasible. Same for its NV GPU.

Jul 9, 2008
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5652281]My opinion is just as valid as yours. I don't know why you posted the sarcasm, I've never claimed to know everything about hacking consoles.[/QUOTE]

yes but you dont look at things logically. PS3 took how long to get hacked? and Sony is really making an effort to lock down the vita

Mar 24, 2007
Your House.
[QUOTE="Vulgotha, post: 5652377]It's possible. Both have some problems associated with emulation.. In the PS2's case it's the crazy CPU and custom graphics chip.

With the Xbox it should be easier. It uses off the shelf computer parts from that time.. I'm just curious if the CPU in the Vita can outclass the Xbox's Pentium chip.. At least by a huge enough margin that emulation will be feasible. Same for its NV GPU.[/QUOTE]

If the CPU isnt to underclocked i can see it being able to out preform the xbox cpu, because cpu can run at 2ghz per core x4 though 1 is locked for OS , GPU can do 130 million polygons a second at 200ghz a core, so it all depends on if sony toned down the specs.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

Acid Snake

Super Elite
Sep 7, 2008
[QUOTE="Seahawkk, post: 5652390]yes but you dont look at things logically. PS3 took how long to get hacked? and Sony is really making an effort to lock down the vita[/QUOTE] Care to make a bet on that? I will give you all of my absolutely useless SP if the vita doesn't get hacked within the first 8 months of release. :snicker

Mar 24, 2007
Your House.
[QUOTE="Acid Snake, post: 5652406]Care to make a bet on that? I will give you all of my absolutely useless SP if the vita doesn't get hacked within the first 8 months of release. :snicker[/QUOTE]

And i hope Sony goes after the hackers with full force again.

Acid Snake

Super Elite
Sep 7, 2008
[QUOTE="Chille, post: 5652412]And i hope Sony goes after the hackers with full force again.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk[/QUOTE] I don't really care if Sony goes after them. As long as I get to unlock it, everything is good.

Rtc

Jun 14, 2011
Ga
[QUOTE="Chille, post: 5652412]And i hope Sony goes after the hackers with full force again.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Lol using iPhone 4 with tapatalk
And I really hope it isn't hacked

F34R

Legend
Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="Seahawkk, post: 5652390]yes but you dont look at things logically. PS3 took how long to get hacked? and Sony is really making an effort to lock down the vita[/QUOTE]
Lol. PS3 took less than two months to hack once Geohot started. The PSP fell victim in less than six months after release. You need to find some new logic lol.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5652528]Lol. PS3 took less than two months to hack once Geohot started. The PSP fell victim in less than six months after release. You need to find some new logic lol.[/QUOTE]Geohot basically progressed FailOverFlow's work and they were working on hacking the PS3 for quite a while.

F34R

Legend
Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
The exploit, yes. The hardware access he used, no. Let's not drag this too far off topic here. We can discuss the PS3 hacking, etc., in the appropriate thread. My point is that my opinion is as valid as someone elses that disagrees with my "prediction". I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5652585]The exploit, yes. The hardware access he used, no.[/QUOTE]Thus the progression. Most of the work was already there.

Mar 24, 2007
Your House.
[QUOTE="Rtc, post: 5652511]Lol using iPhone 4 with tapatalk
And I really hope it isn't hacked[/QUOTE]
im not using iphone, sony xpheria play, and no i paid for tapatalk

YoungMullah88

PSU Live Streamer
Sep 15, 2006
Charlotte
www.playfire.com
getting 2 just like i did with the ps3 (ran out of patience waiting for it to be hacked....5 years later! i sold one back in 09). this time around, ill most definitely hold on to both vitas till the day its cracked.

floetry

Forum Guru
Oct 21, 2006
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5652696]Same here. Getting two.[/QUOTE]

Same, but not out the gate, I'm getting the newer model if they ever do release one.

but ill get a launch one, that might be easy to jailbreak.