How are you going to play Dark Souls?

Acid Snake

Super Elite
Sep 7, 2008
Can't think of a better title because I'm lame. Anyway, this is my anticipated game compared to everything else that is coming out this year and the next. So, who else is planning to pick up this game day one? How are you going to play the game and what character type do you plan to use? In Demon's Souls, I played as a warrior type going through each of the different worlds while being cautious as I possibly could. This time around, I'm gonna pick the same type of character and fight absolutely everything I come against no matter how strong it looks. I don't plan to avoid anything. :eek:

Last edited:

Acid Snake

Super Elite
Sep 7, 2008
[QUOTE="Fijiandoce, post: 5646168]how am i going to play Dark Souls.....

with great difficulty :snicker[/QUOTE] I'm sure we all will. :p

Fenix

Elite Sage
Aug 19, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Hopefully rolling everywhere, and being cautious as all hell.

Rolling saved my life so many freaking times.. I hope using arrows/magic isnt as cheap as it was in Demon's Souls. Those made the games harder parts, easier.

Croyles

Super Elite
Apr 6, 2007
In Demons Souls i focused half on magic and half on combat (using a moon Uchigatana +5). This time I may go for an all combat build, maybe dexterity based, if the game system is still the same, i.e. levelling up your stats around what weapons and armour you want to use.

Acid Snake

Super Elite
Sep 7, 2008
[QUOTE="Fenix, post: 5646173]Hopefully rolling everywhere, and being cautious as all hell.

Rolling saved my life so many freaking times.. I hope using arrows/magic isnt as cheap as it was in Demon's Souls. Those made the games harder parts, easier.[/QUOTE] Saved my life until I got to that area in valley of defilement. The part where you had to wade through the water. Things got incredibly mess right there.

Fenix

Elite Sage
Aug 19, 2007
Ontario, Canada
[QUOTE="Acid Snake, post: 5646179]Saved my life until I got to that area in valley of defilement. The part where you had to wade through the water. Things got incredibly mess right there.[/QUOTE]

Hated that place with a passion!!

..though the boss was a cake walk.

Acid Snake

Super Elite
Sep 7, 2008
[QUOTE="Fenix, post: 5646210]Hated that place with a passion!!

..though the boss was a cake walk.[/QUOTE] Definitely. I hope the bosses this time around are more aggressive.

Fenix

Elite Sage
Aug 19, 2007
Ontario, Canada
[QUOTE="Acid Snake, post: 5646236]Definitely. I hope the bosses this time around are more aggressive.[/QUOTE]

At the very least they need to prevent them from being totally cheaped by arrows and magic. Or more like the maneaters, those were pretty damn hard for me. Them pricks killed me so many times. ><

Acid Snake

Super Elite
Sep 7, 2008
[QUOTE="Fenix, post: 5646248]At the very least they need to prevent them from being totally cheaped by arrows and magic. Or more like the maneaters, those were pretty damn hard for me. Them pricks killed me so many times. ><[/QUOTE] Oh god, not them. It took me a bit of time to come up with a solid strategy to take those bastards down. When I fought them for the first time, I was both shocked and surprised that there was a second one.

Fenix

Elite Sage
Aug 19, 2007
Ontario, Canada
[QUOTE="Acid Snake, post: 5646250]Oh god, not them. It took me a bit of time to come up with a solid strategy to take those bastards down. When I fought them for the first time, I was both shocked and surprised that there was a second one.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Yeah, i seen that and its like "Are you freaking kidding me? How am I suppose to beat two?!" XD

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
[QUOTE="Fenix, post: 5646248]At the very least they need to prevent them from being totally cheaped by arrows and magic. Or more like the maneaters, those were pretty damn hard for me. Them pricks killed me so many times. ><[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a lot of the bosses I just totally spammed my flame spells and they went down in seconds :D

I pre-ordered mine yesterday, with the soundtrack, behind the scenes dvd, art book and game guide (which no doubt will be needed lol)

Acid Snake

Super Elite
Sep 7, 2008
[QUOTE="Fenix, post: 5646253]:lol: Yeah, i seen that and its like "Are you freaking kidding me? How am I suppose to beat two?!" XD[/QUOTE] Being on my fourth playthrough certainly doesn't make things any easier.

metalhead312

Superior Member
Aug 14, 2008
[QUOTE="DarkVincent07, post: 5646255]Yeah, a lot of the bosses I just totally spammed my flame spells and they went down in seconds :D

I pre-ordered mine yesterday, with the soundtrack, behind the scenes dvd, art book and game guide (which no doubt will be needed lol)[/QUOTE]

Light weapon/Curse weapon FTW :cool:. Only effective the first two playthroughs though. Had to improvise later...

Magic works well for me and i think its fun to use. I heard they are adding checkpoints which is making me very skeptical but I still have faith in the challenge. Hopefully they just double the length of the levels or something of the sort.

Already pre-ordered and aching for some more moments of frustration. Really the only thing thats keeping me interested in gaming as of late.

Acid Snake

Super Elite
Sep 7, 2008
[QUOTE="metalhead312, post: 5646279]Light weapon/Curse weapon FTW :cool:. Only effective the first two playthroughs though. Had to improvise later...

Magic works well for me and i think its fun to use. I heard they are adding checkpoints which is making me very skeptical but I still have faith in the challenge. Hopefully they just double the length of the levels or something of the sort.

Already pre-ordered and aching for some more moments of frustration. Really the only thing thats keeping me interested in gaming as of late.[/QUOTE] The check points are there because you don't have an area like the nexus. I'm not entirely sure though. Could also be like the archstones though.

metalhead312

Superior Member
Aug 14, 2008
That makes complete sense. For some reason I just could not imagine that game without a nexus equivalent. But if that's the case I really hope this isn't a linear type game. I really enjoyed playing a certain level til I become sick of it and then changing the scenery.

Forcedme

Super Elite
Oct 19, 2007
I will be a thief as I was last game, and due to this grab all sorts of weed from enemies, cultivating such large amounts that midway through the game I won't know what to do with myself, and will, by necessity, give much of it away to charity. Due to the fact that I will most likely be the only one willing to take on vicious creatures in order to relieve them of their drugs, I will amass a large following of drug addicts, who will follow me about the game, nipping at my heels all for a little bit of grass. I will supply them with this grass, earn their loyalty, and build an army who will bend to my every whim. As my luck increases, so too will my weed output, and I will begin a drug cartel that stretches all across the land of the Dark Souls' universe, so that none shall be able to get high without speaking my name. When I face the final boss, I will thus blow a whistle, and red-eyed teenagers with t-shirts adorned with various rock band logos will emerge from the sodden earth, raise their hands to the heavens, and charge my hapless foe, who will thus drown under the weight of a million fat potheads.

And my adventure will continue.

Acid Snake

Super Elite
Sep 7, 2008
[QUOTE="Forcedme, post: 5646294]I will be a thief as I was last game, and due to this grab all sorts of weed from enemies, cultivating such large amounts that midway through the game I won't know what to do with myself, and will, by necessity, give much of it away to charity. Due to the fact that I will most likely be the only one willing to take on vicious creatures in order to relieve them of their drugs, I will amass a large following of drug addicts, who will follow me about the game, nipping at my heels all for a little bit of grass. I will supply them with this grass, earn their loyalty, and build an army who will bend to my every whim. As my luck increases, so too will my weed output, and I will begin a drug cartel that stretches all across the land of the Dark Souls' universe, so that none shall be able to get high without speaking my name. When I face the final boss, I will thus blow a whistle, and red-eyed teenagers with t-shirts adorned with various rock band logos will emerge from the sodden earth, raise their hands to the heavens, and charge my hapless foe, who will thus drown under the weight of a million fat potheads.

And my adventure will continue.[/QUOTE] That's uh, certainly a way to go about it. :lol:

Aug 22, 2006
Alone in the Cold
[QUOTE="Forcedme, post: 5646294]I will be a thief as I was last game, and due to this grab all sorts of weed from enemies, cultivating such large amounts that midway through the game I won't know what to do with myself, and will, by necessity, give much of it away to charity. Due to the fact that I will most likely be the only one willing to take on vicious creatures in order to relieve them of their drugs, I will amass a large following of drug addicts, who will follow me about the game, nipping at my heels all for a little bit of grass. I will supply them with this grass, earn their loyalty, and build an army who will bend to my every whim. As my luck increases, so too will my weed output, and I will begin a drug cartel that stretches all across the land of the Dark Souls' universe, so that none shall be able to get high without speaking my name. When I face the final boss, I will thus blow a whistle, and red-eyed teenagers with t-shirts adorned with various rock band logos will emerge from the sodden earth, raise their hands to the heavens, and charge my hapless foe, who will thus drown under the weight of a million fat potheads.

And my adventure will continue.[/QUOTE]
Dark Souls doesnt have grass.

Acid Snake

Super Elite
Sep 7, 2008
[QUOTE="HellsJester, post: 5646298]Dark Souls doesnt have grass.[/QUOTE] Oh shit, looks like someone is gonna have to go through the game the hard way then.

Aug 22, 2006
Alone in the Cold
[QUOTE="Acid Snake, post: 5646299]Oh shit, looks like someone is gonna have to go through the game the hard way then.[/QUOTE]
It has a different healing system that you manage.
Its a bottle you refill between fires and you must manage your heals between fires so if you used all your heals up your choices are to go back to the last fire or go forward hoping you can take on whatever is ahead without healing but i believe they said each fire only has so many bottle refills so going back may not even be a option.

Acid Snake

Super Elite
Sep 7, 2008
[QUOTE="HellsJester, post: 5646305]It has a different healing system that you manage.
Its a bottle you refill between fires and you must manage your heals between fires so if you used all your heals up your choices are to go back to the last fire or go forward hoping you can take on whatever is ahead without healing but i believe they said each fire only has so many bottle refills so going back may not even be a option.[/QUOTE] That sounds all kinds of awesome to me.

Last edited: