How Do You Sleep?

Tobian

Master Poster
Dec 19, 2005
I know this is a silly question but I thought it be fun to see if your sleeping position gives away a bit of your personality.

So .. what does your sleeping position actually say about you? Just check this pic and see what it describes.

Foetus

[reveal]
Those who curl up in the foetus position are described as tough on the outside but sensitive at heart. They may be shy when they first meet somebody, but soon relax. This is the most common sleeping position, adopted by 41% of the 1,000 people who took part in the survey. More than twice as many women as men tend to adopt this position.
[/reveal]
Log
[reveal]
Lying on your side with both arms down by your side. These sleepers are easy going, social people who like being part of the in-crowd, and who are trusting of strangers. However, they may be gullible.​
[/reveal]

Yearner
[reveal]
People who sleep on their side with both arms out in front are said to have an open nature, but can be suspicious, cynical. They are slow to make up their minds, but once they have taken a decision, they are unlikely ever to change it.​
[/reveal]

Soldier
[reveal]
Lying on your back with both arms pinned to your sides. People who sleep in this position are generally quiet and reserved. They don't like a fuss, but set themselves and others high standards.​
[/reveal]

Freefall
[reveal]
Lying on your front with your hands around the pillow, and your head turned to one side. Often gregarious and brash people, but can be nervy and thin-skinned underneath, and don't like criticism, or extreme situations.​
[/reveal]

Starfish

[reveal]
Lying on your back with both arms up around the pillow. These sleepers make good friends because they are always ready to listen to others, and offer help when needed. They generally don't like to be the centre of attention.​
[/reveal]

I think the way I sleep can best be described as 'Yearner'. Also, how hard I sometimes try; I can never sleep on my back.

So tell us: how do you sleep?

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
I can only sleep on my stomach i just can't on my side or back, so i guess im "Freefall" and to be honest some of what it sais about Freefallers is true for me lol

A

Axe&Hammer

With my back to the wall,and my bat on the floor,and a cat at my feet(so I get an early warning for Xenomorphs,weaker form mummies or ghosts );)

Diagram:

Apr 8, 2007
weird, I never thought there would be names for these positions..lol

where does a guy introduce himself around here??? Can't see a forum for it....

(hi)

F

[velocity]

Master Poster
Dec 1, 2006
I picked the three first ones, as I constantly change my sleeping stance, mainly between the three that I picked.

Man, I'm tired as I read this. I mean it's over 11 pm here in Finland. *YAAAAWN* :D

Scotracer

Master Poster
Sep 8, 2006
I have mild insomnia but when I do actually sleep, I sleep in either Yearner or Freefall positions (I toss and turn alot trying to fall asleep).

Naxi

The Dawkness!
Sep 3, 2006
UK
www.last.fm
[QUOTE="Scotracer, post: 0]I have mild insomnia but when I do actually sleep, I sleep in either Yearner or Freefall positions (I toss and turn alot trying to fall asleep).[/quote]That pretty much sums me up, only i sleep in Soldier and Feotus position also.

proof

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2005
I sleep in Foetus and freefaller. I always wake up as a freefaller. I cant sleep on my back, at all! EVER!

Dec 20, 2006
[QUOTE="GrIm-ReaPer, post: 0]I sleep in Foetus and freefaller. I always wake up as a freefaller. I cant sleep on my back, at all! EVER![/quote]

Same for me exactly. Except I alternate waking up between foetus and freefaller.

X

Xaor

I can sleep in almost any of the positions, but I do find it easiest to sleep in the foetal position. Not that I sleep easy in any circumstance.

K

Knuckles126

Mine are:

Foetus
Starfish

There is no need to break the five word minimum rule ~ Turkmen117

Jan 21, 2006
Depends on how tired i am actually...If i'm REALLY tireed then it would be starfish but i normally sleep in FOETUS and FREEFALLER

Foetus is a very comfortable position ESPECIALLY when you are freezing

Goodfella

Super Elite
Jan 4, 2007
I sleep in two different postions that aren't on that list. I call them The Chair and The Four.

The Chair can be achieved by sleeping on your side with your knees bent as if you're sitting on a chair.

My absolute favorite is The Four. This one is very similar to The Yearner but with a twist, your right leg is bent at the knee making you look like an upside down 4.

Scotracer

Master Poster
Sep 8, 2006
[QUOTE="Panda Bear Shenyu, post: 1296412]Why isn't there a diagram for the missionary position?

Oh...[/quote]

:lol:

I am the only one who seems to have got it. Classic, man. Classic.

Uncool

Power Member
Aug 27, 2006
I usually don't sleep due to insomnia but when I do its because I am asleep while standing (usually leaning on something). Usually I am surrounded by rose petals, fairy dust, and unicorns jumping over the rainbow...>_>...