how long does the system udate take

crime-dawg

Superior Member
Jun 25, 2008
:confused: its been like 20 minutes and im only at 4% what the hell is going on here is something i can do to speed it up or anything

crime-dawg

Superior Member
Jun 25, 2008
not sure i just got my ps3 and i was about to make a profile for online or whatever and it said u need to install the system update i dont remember exactly what it said maybe version 2.30

Jul 3, 2007
Man, this dude scared me. I thought he wuz talkin about....well, u guyz know. Anyways, what kind of connection u got dude, it's definitely not supposed to take that long.

crime-dawg

Superior Member
Jun 25, 2008
i think i got dsl but damn this **** is gonna take all night long its at 9% and its been like 40 minutes im about to kick a hole in the wall and start breaking ****:twisted:

Rolovis

Superior Member
Sep 28, 2007
Well, for one, your internet might be slow. But it also might be because you just got your PS3. It has to update from 1.00 to 2.36 so it might take longer. I personally think that it's a combination of both.

EDIT: Oh alright. DSL shouldn't take too long... try ethernet maybe?

Apr 6, 2007
Haha you probably got a lot of people excited when they read that title ;) but yeah it shouldn't take that long.... are you downloading anything on your computer? Or is somebody STEALING YOUR INTERNETS?!

crime-dawg

Superior Member
Jun 25, 2008
yeah my internet is going pretty slow at this pace it could take about 4-5 hours u guys think its bad for the ps3 if i leave it on for that long for the update?

should i just cancel it now

Rolovis

Superior Member
Sep 28, 2007
I would say no, since you're already like an hour into it. And besides, unless you have your PS3 in a VCR cam-corder case, it won't overheat or anything. Sorry it's taking so long; I'm sure you'll love the PS3 after this is over!

crime-dawg

Superior Member
Jun 25, 2008
yeah thanks for the help everybody i guess im gonna wait it out its time to crack open a few red bulls its gonna be a long night:shock:

Miney

Forum Elder
Oct 31, 2007
It depends on a lot of things. Your internet connection is one. Whether the PS3 has frozen or not is another (although that rarely is possible). Also, if 'everybody' else is downloading the update at the same time, the speeds are usually terribly slow. Finally, sometimes the speeds are just slow regardless.

Just leave it and stop watching it download. Sometimes i go and watch a movie and then come back and it's all done. It seems like time goes a lot quicker ;-)

joeold

Elite Member
May 16, 2007
Roseville, Ca
[QUOTE="Rolovis, post: 0]I would say no, since you're already like an hour into it. And besides, unless you have your PS3 in a VCR cam-corder case, it won't overheat or anything. Sorry it's taking so long; I'm sure you'll love the PS3 after this is over![/quote]
reading this made me laugh. Yeah just let it do its job and you'll be happy in the end.

Mar 17, 2006
well......mines downloads faster than it installs.....its very annoying that the ps3 is slow( u know even after the all mighty cell.)

Nakatomi Uk

Master Poster
Feb 4, 2008
Uk
Is your internet fast when using and downloading to a PC if so couldn't he just download the full update from Sony's website and stick it to a pen drive and update via that way.