How safe is your neighbourhood? or Thoughts

magma12

Dedicated Member
Mar 20, 2008
Ok first I'd like to clear I'm really from California not from the White House. In all seriousness I live in a really dangerous town. People get stabbed, jumped or shot constantly just the other day I was watching the news and a report came out about a little girl that got shot. It seems this is going to continue for a long time the reason, witnesses don't speak up. From a rating of 1 through 10, 1 being peaceful and 1O being a death hole. How would you rate the area you live in, my town gets a 9:(.

the_End

Master Guru
Jul 30, 2007
2, Nothing bad happens in my town. No stabbing's, jumping's or shootings. I mean hell, there's been one robbery in my town that I know of. Other then that I haven't heard of anything like that. Not to mention that there is probably about 25-30,000 people in my town so it's not that big.

magma12

Dedicated Member
Mar 20, 2008
Canada is a very peaceful place, sometimes I wish I lived in Canada but if you visited my town you'd see the difference.

MATRIX 2

Forum Sage
Jul 29, 2005
D.C.
10, I live in Liberty City, the worst city in America. In the past week we saw an influx of 3.6 million "tourists". They Went on a rampage and are raping and pillaging the city. At the head of all this mayhem is an ex soldier named Niko Bellic.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28634.html

Sometimes I go to Vice City for vacation. That city isn't that good either as far as crime goes, but its a blast from the past, reminds me of the 80's.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/1565.html

Shadowfyre

Super Elite
Jun 26, 2007

I live in the middle of nowhere, cows everywhere, and most people are hicks.

I live 20 miles out of town.

B

Bansh88

I live in El Cajon, California. Formerly the Meth capital of the U.S. We have some pretty bad areas just down the street from me. Nothing like LA's worst or anything. I hear sirens every night but luckily my immediate area is a little off the crime beat.
We plan on moving to my old, peaceful neighborhood by years end.

I give a '5'

Gambit

Forum Elder
Oct 8, 2007
my town is a bad place.cops still keep coming around daily,numberous gangs walk around,and the person in charge of the town doesnt do ****.

loko08

Apprentice
Mar 12, 2007
5, I live in Costa Rica's capital city, and well its kind of okay, the neighbor were i live is pretty fckd up... drugs, hookers, dead people... but its not an all the time thing... at least not for me.... or am lucky :p

Vanquish23

Superior Member
May 7, 2008
Empire City
My old neighborhood in central, upper middle class New Jersey is most surely a 1. I can walk around at 2AM with cash hanging out of my pockets and not one soul would notice. Roads are so wide they can fit 4 cars, parallel. My new area in WA is a 3 I'd guess.

magma12

Dedicated Member
Mar 20, 2008
Thanks you guys and gals (if any) for the posts, any ways it looks like some of us have it kinda bad. :(

JeffPara

Superior Member
Feb 24, 2007
I'd reckon a 6. I know of ALOT of crime that goes on in my neighborhood, not just minor drug dealing, but serious ****. About 100 meters from my house, a man was shot in the head and killed for his truck a while ago. Now, compared to big city ghettos/slums, theres no comparison, but for a semi suburb, its not the best by far.

One-Shot

Master Guru
Aug 5, 2007
Georgia
I just moved to Georgia and from what I have seen and heard the rating would be like a 2 in my town and that would be mostly traffic violations. Now if I drove 30 min to Atlanta well that changes.

Nov 11, 2007
Bournemouth
Ok I just looked on my local newspaper and this is what came up.

PLEA TO TAXI SEX ATTACK VICTIMS 6:07am todayPOLICE launch bid to track down women assaulted by cabbie

Man admits killing his baby 12:44pm todayA BOURNEMOUTH man has admitted to killing his three-week-old baby son.

Former police chief jailed for making boys drop their trousers12:44pm todayDISGRACED former Hampshire police chief has been jailed
for a series of humiliating acts on young boys.

Raiders snatch cash from store machine 7:00pm Thursday 8th May 2008ROBBERS escaped with a haul of cash after raiding a machine at a Swanage supermarket in the early hours of yesterday.

Man jailed for importing drug
4:00pm Thu 8 May 08A POOLE man has been jailed for three years for importing cocaine with a street value of £20,000 into Britain from Barbados.

www.thisisbournemouth.co.uk
Lol that's just the first page.

SessDMC

Forum Sage
Dec 13, 2004
10, place called Barnsley, people get raped, shot stabbed and suicides every other weekend.

My name is Frank Castle, and i am the punisher, to set things right that people wronged must be punished for their sins.

Carsonal

Elite Sage
Jun 3, 2006
My neighbourhood is alright.
Most people just keep to themselves, but one of our neghoubours is a family of rough as guts turds.
Always yelling and screaming throughout the day.

Without them it would be close to perfect.

Nov 11, 2007
Bournemouth
[QUOTE="Carsonal, post: 0]My neighbourhood is alright.
Most people just keep to themselves, but one of our neghoubours is a family of rough as guts turds.
Always yelling and screaming throughout the day.

Without them it would be close to perfect.[/quote]

Sounds like my neighbour, I just make it awkward back and drown out the yelling and screaming with music or something.

It's good cos everyone complains at them and not me lol.

Faceless

Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
www.Insightcomputers.net
Well I live on the outskirts of Pittsburgh in a town called Brookline. It is not bad at all from what I have seen. Although I am big on security, so I would still like to get a sec. system and teach my wife how to use a gun.

If I had to give it a number I would say 2.

W

WuTangBlade

4-5-6 Maybe...From the age of 14-18 there's normally trouble wherever you got at night...specially the beach for some reason.

Mostly just petty groups of pikeys, ocassionaly bottles, screwdrivers, any cheap ass weapon they can afford.

Once you get past 18 it's clubs at Bournemouth and the only trouble you get there is the usual drink idiots which are either abundant on one night or quiet.

I remember once I went down our local park with some mates to meet up for a drink which we do every weekend...this time we found about 60 pikeys there, luckily we knew some from our school so we stood around ****ing scared because one of them got a sledge hammer out from his car, another a big fat off wooden plank.

They said they was going "Emo bashing" and we knew some slight looking emo's from our school in the area so we told them to ****ing go home because there's 60 odd kids waiting to beat you up around the corner, lol!

I love my town though, some good stories.

Mar 31, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
www.myantstew.com
I'm from Fort Worth, Texas. The city itself is not so bad, but when crime happens, it seems to always happen in my neighborhood. Actually, not long ago, me, my girl, and her son went out to see Rambo and were treated to a real live gunfight going on right in the parking lot. I mean, they were ducking behind cars and shooting back and forth and ****, it was crazy.

Another night, I almost got mugged myself. I was walking down the alleyway to my car and I saw a dude trying to sneak up behind me. I turned around and he walked up to an apartment door and acted like he was going inside...but I knew the people that lived there. So I kept him in the corner of my eye as I walked and I saw him start moving towards me again. When he got close, I turned around and reached into my coat like I was pulling out a gun and the guy took off running.

Then there was the night when some Aryan Nation guys busted into some guys house and shot him and his wife in the face and robbed them. Somehow, both survived.

I don't like this area at all and I am moving very soon. It didn't look like a bad neighborhood when I was shopping for apartments. My apartment complex looks very nice in the daytime, but when the sun sets it's the ghetto for real. it was close to my job and cheap so I thought it was a good deal, but I think I can handle a bit of a commute now.

Scotracer

Master Poster
Sep 8, 2006
I live in a small commuter town about 20 miles out of Edinburgh. There are a fair number of chavs but they are harmless.

I'll give it a 3.