How Should Sony Improve the PS Vita

Sep 21, 2016
Hello I am a student in high school and for assignment my job is to conduct market research about a product. My topic is How should Sony improve the PS Vita. Our goal is to have fans of the PS Vita (like you) to answer a quick survey about how should sony improve the PS Vita. So kindly if you dont mind taking a few minutes of your time to fill ut this survey that would be very appreciated

Survey Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfXb9ULj36nXPH8eQQmS38-3rUTdsJjIvukXC1kZ2qtAphkYw/viewform

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
The Vita actually has a strong library at this point. We are not talking about AAA games, of course, but if you look at the number of games......it rivals the 3DS, even in the west.

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
Maybe so, but I'm morely aiming at Sony's support. Sony could support the device more properly, would give it a nice boost. But no, we get mainly indies, which may be fine for others, but I was hoping to see games like the PSP got; Manhunt 2, GTA, God of War, Tekken, Patapon, Locoroco..
And I'm not talking about remasters or PS2 versions or whatever available for the Vita, I'm talking about a proper new game.

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Built in memory would be nice. Just some exclusive third party games would help rather than cross gen which was a good idea but people get the console games a lot of the time. Drop the price of memory cards.

It shame its didn't do as well as it could I enjoyed a lot of games on it such as Persona 4 Golden , Muramasa , Danganronpa 1 & 2 , FFX , Tales of Hearts , Ys Memories of Celceta etc .

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="WaxWeazle, post: 6521285]Maybe so, but I'm morely aiming at Sony's support. Sony could support the device more properly, would give it a nice boost. But no, we get mainly indies, which may be fine for others, but I was hoping to see games like the PSP got; Manhunt 2, GTA, God of War, Tekken, Patapon, Locoroco..
And I'm not talking about remasters or PS2 versions or whatever available for the Vita, I'm talking about a proper new game.[/QUOTE]

Agree. Sony's support has been non-existent. The fact that Gravity Rush 2 is not getting a Vita version is simply ridiculous.

[QUOTE="AsterPhoenix, post: 6521288]Built in memory would be nice. Just some exclusive third party games would help rather than cross gen which was a good idea but people get the console games a lot of the time. Drop the price of memory cards.

It shame its didn't do as well as it could I enjoyed a lot of games on it such as Persona 4 Golden , Muramasa , Danganronpa 1 & 2 , FFX , Tales of Hearts , Ys Memories of Celceta etc .[/QUOTE]

The games have been great. I definitely got my moneys worth out of it, but yeah....I can see why so many folks passed on the system when its memory card costs 10 times more than a standard micro SD.

Last edited:

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
[QUOTE="AsterPhoenix, post: 6521288]Built in memory would be nice. Just some exclusive third party games would help rather than cross gen which was a good idea but people get the console games a lot of the time. Drop the price of memory cards.

It shame its didn't do as well as it could I enjoyed a lot of games on it such as Persona 4 Golden , Muramasa , Danganronpa 1 & 2 , FFX , Tales of Hearts , Ys Memories of Celceta etc .[/QUOTE]

I also enjoyed some titles you mentioned. Yet sadly, westerns don't show enough love to Japanese games as they used to. Either way, Vita was my port for Japanese games instead of ps4, and I loved every moment on it.

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
My first reaction to the question would be to change the hardware to accept SD Cards and make it closer to a dualshock in button configuration to be able to handle the "proper" games.

But after seeing WaxWeazle's post I realise how much fun I had with the PSP, and it wasn't the hardware that contributed to that, but the content. Though the PSP had it easier back then, when multimedia centred smartphones were not in existence yet.

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="MjW, post: 6521302]My first reaction to the question would be to change the hardware to accept SD Cards and make it closer to a dualshock in button configuration to be able to handle the "proper" games.

But after seeing WaxWeazle's post I realise how much fun I had with the PSP, and it wasn't the hardware that contributed to that, but the content. Though the PSP had it easier back then, when multimedia centred smartphones were not in existence yet.[/QUOTE]

Smartphones have dealt a huge blow to traditional handheld gaming. But Sony's hardware choices certainly did not help.

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
[QUOTE="Shingo, post: 6521298]I also enjoyed some titles you mentioned. Yet sadly, westerns don't show enough love to Japanese games as they used to. Either way, Vita was my port for Japanese games instead of ps4, and I loved every moment on it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah other than the more mainstream Japanese franchises which even some of those don't have the fanbase like they did. But heaps of those people should try some of those titles I mentioned and some of them are on Steam so they might get more popular over time. Yeah bro it is sad they don't have the love for Japanese games like they use to people like to stick to franchises they can trust.

[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6521337]Smartphones have dealt a huge blow to traditional handheld gaming. But Sony's hardware choices certainly did not help.[/QUOTE]

Showed my friend the Soul Sacrifice demo and he played a little bit and enjoyed it he isn't a portable gamer he said the same thing with the smartphones just really have dealt a huge blow to handheld gaming said it a shame he thought the console was cool. Yeah the memory cards were the killer for the Vita.

Last edited: