I am not sure why people say GT5 took six years to make

Mar 17, 2006
Ok, I must be bad at math, but GT4 came out in 2005, so its been 5 years since that game came out. So if the programmers started working on GT5 the day after 4 came out, it still didn't take 6 years. I would bet that its taken less time than that, because the programmers probably didn't start GT5 immediately after the 4th game.

M

ManFurismoJive

GT4 came out in 2004 in Japan and early 2005 for the rest of the world, they have been working on it close to 6 years. Still 5 years 6 years doesnt matter as the game needed at least an extra year in development.

LfCpS3

Master Poster
May 22, 2009
[QUOTE="ManFurismoJive, post: 5291393]GT4 came out in 2004 in Japan and early 2005 for the rest of the world, they have been working on it close to 6 years. Still 5 years 6 years doesnt matter as the game needed at least an extra year in development.[/QUOTE]

Extra year for what?

I mean the standard cars would have not changed much with 1 year of development.

If anything PD should have made the game in a different way (with making every car similar quality wise)

M

ManFurismoJive

[QUOTE="LfCpS3, post: 5291397]Extra year for what?

[/QUOTE]

Polish the game, better AI, Improve the sound, Get rid of the screen tearing, Improve the frame rate, Have mechanical damage in the game, Leader boards for online and offline, Weather for every track, brake upgrades etc etc....as i said the game needed at least 1 year more in development.

Jun 22, 2007
What you on about? GT4 is in this game. Therefor it took ten years to make.

Game's good. Best racing game I've ever played. I don't care how long it took. It's out now.

M

ManFurismoJive

[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5291605]Throw in GT PSP and GT5P, it didnt take 5 years, more like 3.5 - 4 years.[/QUOTE]

The full PD team would not of been working on GT PSP or GT5P

Jun 22, 2007
[QUOTE="ManFurismoJive, post: 5291636]The full PD team would not of been working on GT PSP or GT5P[/QUOTE]

How many of 'em were? How many is the full team? What're their working hours and holidays?

We'll put together an equation working out just how crap they are.

M

ManFurismoJive

[QUOTE="Sufi, post: 5291660]I thought the arguments were going to be over after the game came out.

sighhhhhhhhhh. lol.[/QUOTE]

You got it yet to understand what were talking about?

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="UCONN for life, post: 5291390]Ok, I must be bad at math, but GT4 came out in 2005, so its been 5 years since that game came out. So if the programmers started working on GT5 the day after 4 came out, it still didn't take 6 years. I would bet that its taken less time than that, because the programmers probably didn't start GT5 immediately after the 4th game.[/QUOTE]

Well at this point I dont think it matters anymore. The game is finally out now and PD said they will be patching up some of the issues.

Sep 29, 2005
Really is sad that people can't just sit back and enjoy a great game when it releases. All this pointless talk.

NASCAR, KART, Rally and Street. Realistic weather, damage, physics, 1000+ cars all incredibly realistic to their real world counterpart ( to the point to where the car companies use the GT5 model as a simulation ). You wonder why it took awhile to make the game? Really?

Who gives a **** anyway. Well ... you do but god knows why.

mickice

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 8, 2006
Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5291605]Throw in GT PSP and GT5P, it didnt take 5 years, more like 3.5 - 4 years.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Tourist Trophy came out a year after Gran Turismo 4 on PS2. Plus these people have to eat, sleep, play....

I'd say from when we saw GT:HD was when the real work begun so really only 4 years ago.