I have Fable 2

Pap3rThin

Superior Member
Jul 2, 2007
And all I'm going to say is this game is incredible. I am loving it. I've been playing co-op with my friend and we haven't stopped playing. I decided to take a break and post this here incase anyone had any questions for me.

Also, to anyone who doesn't believe me, go to xbox.com and search my gamertag: iPaperThin It'll be under my recent games and I have achievements in the game already aswell.

Pap3rThin

Superior Member
Jul 2, 2007
Oh, so I'm not the only one with the game! That's good, so we can talk about it.

Let me tell you, this is by far my favorite game that I have played this year. I've been dying for a good Action-RPG and Fable II is the perfect fit.

To anyone who has this: Have you been getting a mass amount of messages from you're friend list of people asking how you got the game early? I've gotten over 10 messages about it.

A7

Supreme Veteran
Apr 19, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
[QUOTE="Thegamingdwarf, post: 0]You lucky people! I have to wait another week or so... Damn being in the UK![/quote]

I'll let you in on a tip mate... :)

I'm from Australia and I'm getting it tomorrow (here in AU tomorrow is Monday).

I ordered it from the US as Farcry 2 and Fable 2 are region free titles, so I ordered from the US (look for stores that break street date most of the time when ordering), not only does it cost less but you end up getting it earlier even with flying it over.

Carsonal

Elite Sage
Jun 3, 2006
I dont think it hits retail in Australia til the 24th so I have a few days to wait.

I'm actually kinda shocked at how unprepared I am for the final three months of this year.
So many games that I feel I would enjoy, but I'm diverting money towards a new laptop.
So I gotta be careful

SonyJunkie

Gaming Guru
May 14, 2006
I have a few question about Fable 2.
- Is the game open world, Fable 1 was all on paths and was annoying. Can you go anywhere at anytime with minimal loading?
- Does the game tell you where all the side quests are or do you have to talk to people to find them out??

Someone please answer this, I am thinking about getting it, and just want to see if it is better than Fable 1. And how is the co-op, is it smooth and easy to do things?

SonyJunkie

Gaming Guru
May 14, 2006
[QUOTE="Dave, post: 0]Is the co-op for this just online or is there offline co-op as well?[/quote]

While on the same console, a second player with their own account can drop in and out as a "henchman" to the first player. If the second player on the same console does not have an account of their own, the henchman is made in a brief create screen that pauses the game. Henchmen created this way are not saved into the main player's game. The first player also decides how much bounty the henchman will obtain, e.g. gold and renown. The second player will also be able to port any experience, renown and gold to their own Fable II Hero via a memory card if they have imported their character and not created the henchmen from scratch.
via Wikipedia Fable 2

Restricted

Dedicated Member
Sep 3, 2008
United States
You can do co-op online. It will be released in a patch about a week after the game releases. They delayed it to a patch so they could make the release date and work the few leftover kinks.

SonyJunkie

Gaming Guru
May 14, 2006
[QUOTE="Restricted, post: 0]You can do co-op online. It will be released in a patch about a week after the game releases. They delayed it to a patch so they could make the release date and work the few leftover kinks.[/quote]

The patch will be released on the same day as the game is released. So as soon as you start the game you will be asked to get the patch.

Lionhead announced today that the Fable 2 online co-op patch is locked and loaded on its end for day one of release -- now the developer just needs to get through Microsoft certification. This means when gamers try to enter Albion for the first time in their respective regions (beginning with North America October 21st), there should be a patch happily waiting to be downloaded.
Source

SonyJunkie

Gaming Guru
May 14, 2006
[QUOTE="Restricted, post: 0]I downloaded an update when I started the game up today. I guess that was it?[/quote]

Since you have played it and you are the only one active in this thread that has it, is Fable 2 open word. Can you go anywhere or is it like the first one where you were restricted to paths and lots of loading?

georaldc

Superior Member
May 18, 2006
I don't have the game yet but I've played it at my friend's place the other day (unfortunately he had a leaked copy), and I have a couple of questions regarding the graphics. Do some of the particle effects like water splashes and exp orbs have a really bad framerate compared to the rest of the game? They looked choppy while I was trying the game out. Also, some textures would load slow (kinda like unreal engine 3 streaming, but not as bad), and sometimes tree shadows would disappear when viewing the world at a certain camera angle (happened only once). I hope its just because he has a leaked copy and these do not happen on retail copies because the game is sweet from what I've played so far

SonyJunkie

Gaming Guru
May 14, 2006
[QUOTE="georaldc, post: 0]I don't have the game yet but I've played it at my friend's place the other day (unfortunately he had a leaked copy), and I have a couple of questions regarding the graphics. Do some of the particle effects like water splashes and exp orbs have a really bad framerate compared to the rest of the game? They looked choppy while I was trying the game out. Also, some textures would load slow (kinda like unreal engine 3 streaming, but not as bad), and sometimes tree shadows would disappear when viewing the world at a certain camera angle (happened only once). I hope its just because he has a leaked copy and these do not happen on retail copies because the game is sweet from what I've played so far[/quote]

I'm guessing it was because it was a leaked copy. It may have been a bad upload and had a few glitches while downloading.

JoNJoN

Superior Member
Oct 21, 2007
Would it be a good idea to play Fable 1 before getting into this game or does it not really matter (for those that have played both already)?

SonyJunkie

Gaming Guru
May 14, 2006
[QUOTE="JoNJoN, post: 0]Would it be a good idea to play Fable 1 before getting into this game or does it not really matter (for those that have played both already)?[/quote]

Man, I have been answering all these questions. I don't think you need to play Fable 1. Even Peter Molyneux said that you can just skip the first one and go straight for the second one. The second one is mainly just an improvement of the first one. If you really wanted to play Fable 1 you could always pick it up for pretty cheap.

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="SonyJunky6191, post: 0]Since you have played it and you are the only one active in this thread that has it, is Fable 2 open word. Can you go anywhere or is it like the first one where you were restricted to paths and lots of loading?[/quote]

Yes SonyJunky it is open world and not like Fable 1. Have been reading interviews and watching the live stream thats in another thread here.

SonyJunkie

Gaming Guru
May 14, 2006
[QUOTE="Black F 0 X, post: 0]Should I get Fable 2 now And Fallout 3 later[/quote]

I would say Fallout 3. I think Fallout 3 will last longer than Fable.