I have some questions about PS Vita

May 5, 2011
USA
1. Which model would be best for me, the Wifi only model or the 3G model? I plan on primarily playing and maybe downloading some games. I'm not sure what you can do with 3G. I mean, what is 3G? Does that mean it has more space or something? I should know what it is, but I don't.

2. What form will the games be? The PSP had UMDs and PS Vita will have . . . ?

Thank you.

Xelios

Elite Sage
Apr 15, 2007
3G is just a wireless internet tech. For wifi, you need a wireless router/hotspot, which is hard wired to an internet connection. For 3G, you can access the internet if you're in the range of a cell tower. You just have to pay AT&T for their data plans. Which may become an issue since its not unlimited data.

Not sure on the second.

Mar 24, 2007
Your House.
The ps vita games come on a 2-3 gb memory stick depending on the game, some games may be larger, they also have room on the memory stick for future dlc content and also updates!

May 5, 2011
USA
So you're saying when I go to gamestop to buy a game, I'm going to be buying a memory stick?

Also, about 3G, if I live in an area which my signal is weak (I have AT&T), I won't be able to use the internet on my Vita?

Xelios

Elite Sage
Apr 15, 2007
Well no, you would still have the wifi option. Would be a stupid move to solely have a 3G radio. It's just that it would kind of be a waste of money to get the 3G one if you didn't have a strong enough signal to take advantage of it. Now say if you were always on the move, and you absolutely needed the connection, then it would be worth it.

IMO, there's not a lot of places that don't offer free wifi anymore. I don't think the 3G option is really worth it. It also isn't super quick, so you can't rely on it for the purpose of gaming, unless they throttle it well.

Mar 24, 2007
Your House.
[QUOTE="The Black Wolf, post: 5569953]So you're saying when I go to gamestop to buy a game, I'm going to be buying a memory stick?

Also, about 3G, if I live in an area which my signal is weak (I have AT&T), I won't be able to use the internet on my Vita?[/QUOTE]
Yeah you will get a cartridge in the box like the ds.

On the move correct that is true with 3G i don't know about USA but uk 3g speeds are to slow for gaming.

bash

Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Ontario Canada
[QUOTE="The Black Wolf, post: 5569895]1. Which model would be best for me, the Wifi only model or the 3G model? I plan on primarily playing and maybe downloading some games. I'm not sure what you can do with 3G. I mean, what is 3G? Does that mean it has more space or something? I should know what it is, but I don't.

2. What form will the games be? The PSP had UMDs and PS Vita will have . . . ?

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

2) They will be on flash cards like DS and you can also download them from the PSN Store.

Last edited: